Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simmons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 4,327

Simmons

Jan 17, 2020, 11:44 PM

I have been monitoring Simmons accounts like a hawk .... wishful thinking?!?

Is the deadline midnight? My son was staying up with me to find out but he fell asleep.

I feel like I did when I pulled over on the side of the road and listened to ETN share that he was coming to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced

Jan 17, 2020, 11:50 PM

prior to this year...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a "formal" announcement to the fans is certainly not required

Jan 17, 2020, 11:52 PM

just a little surprised

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as am I... I wonder if he declared, but knows he has until Monday to

Jan 17, 2020, 11:54 PM

back out... so really a couple more days to think on it before formally putting it out...

idk

I thought that a little about AJ until his came late...

Jan 17, 2020, 11:57 PM

I think Simmons is gone

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has to be... and for good reason***

Jan 17, 2020, 11:58 PM

Re: as am I... I wonder if he declared, but knows he has until Monday to

Jan 18, 2020, 12:11 AM [ in reply to as am I... I wonder if he declared, but knows he has until Monday to ]

My understanding from multiple posters and online is that the process requires declaration on 1/17, then an opportunity for buyers remorse within 3-days, but not visa-versa.

Is this incorrect?

As an aside, FHA home loans provide the buyer of the home opportunity to back out within 3-days of closing for the same reason.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is my understanding from reading the rule

Jan 18, 2020, 12:15 AM

for players with eligibility remaining.

Simmons surely has already turned in his paperwork. With his degree, he has absolutely no reason to return with top 5 or top 10 money on the line. No doubt he loves his team and Clemson family, but too much of a gamble to come back.

Re: that is my understanding from reading the rule

Jan 18, 2020, 12:47 AM

Agreed. Just thought there’d be some definitive reporting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is all just very strange...

Jan 18, 2020, 12:51 AM

but #11 is projected higher than any other underclassman that has come back, including the Power Rangers.

But then he announced that he had something to announce at

Jan 17, 2020, 11:53 PM [ in reply to It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced ]

11:00 tonight. That makes me think he could have changed his mind and now he’s not sure.

When did he do that?***

Jan 17, 2020, 11:54 PM

I read several times he was supposed to make an announcement

Jan 17, 2020, 11:59 PM

To our fans tonight at 11:00. It could just be a rumor I guess.

There was a post on here that said 11...

Jan 17, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to But then he announced that he had something to announce at ]

but the poster said that was just his hunch

Re: It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced

Jan 17, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced ]

I suppose. I just thought there would be some definitive declaration I suppose. Not that any of us is entitled to it.

Jan 17, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced ]

True!! I was just thinking that since he re-tweeted the announcements from the other guys ... he would have penned a letter to the Clemson family. I guess if he did already declare this week maybe he was giving them the limelight.

But then again I heard that rumor about 11 & I gained some hope after hearing the ETN announcement.

I’m hoping but not too optimistic. Imagine our 4-2-5

Jan 18, 2020, 12:01 AM

Next year if he came back

Jan 18, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to It seems he doesn’t have to announce... as he announced ]

I read the list of players announced and his name was not there. The list appeared to be updated through part of the day today because AJ Terrell is listed. Also, ETN is listed on the returning list. The below link says the deadline is the 20th along with other NFL dates

https://www-cbssports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-declaration-tracker-lsus-grant-delpit-clemsons-tee-higgins-announce-decisions/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15793228414061&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fdraft%2Fnews%2F2020-nfl-draft-declaration-tracker-lsus-delpit-jefferson-and-edwards-helaire-announce-decisions%2F

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simmons

Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 AM

Simmons will likely be a top 10 possibly top 5 pick. I think he has to go, not that I want him to but a few Million is hard to pass up. He’s still upset Mike Williams and Deshaun didn’t pass out hundreds of $$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2020, 12:49 AM

Yeah the only thing he could by coming back is hurting his draft stock. No reason to stay, he's excelled at everything asked of him to do. Dabo has said many times if you have your degree then you dont owe him anything, also said if your a consensus 1st rounder then you should go. Im pretty sure i read an article earlier this year that said he already informed the coaches before the season that he would be leaving. I would think they have already gave his scholarship to someone else for 2020. Not sure how that would work if he were to come back.

I agree with all of that...

Jan 18, 2020, 12:53 AM

I think we have room in our scholarships is he did come back.

I found the article

Jan 18, 2020, 1:13 AM

Simmons had perhaps the best game of his career Saturday against the Orange, recording a game-high 11 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and a career-high two sacks. He continues to raise his draft stock after telling Clemson coach Dabo Swinney before the season that this will be his last year. And Simmons will likely be a first-round pick in the 2020 draft, with the potential to climb into the top 10.

ttps://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article235125837.html

got to have put in paperwork - I honestly think he wants to

Jan 18, 2020, 1:28 AM

come back. What a program. I really think that these guys are gonna make their mark in multiple fields other than Football. its the best of times.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:11 AM

Here I’ll make it easy for you and the youngin....Hes not coming back...Take the boy to the movies or something...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 18, 2020, 10:19 AM

Yep, good advice. Maybe go bowling. I thought someone knew that he was announcing something @11 last night. I do agree he’s gone. Just thinking if it was a done deal he would put out something earlier in the week. So that gave a sliver of hope.

Jan 18, 2020, 12:31 PM

Simmons does not have to formally declare for the draft. He already announced before the season that he was not coming back, as others have posted.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 4,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic