Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth

Dec 18, 2020, 8:01 AM

ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth

All eyes will be on ABC Saturday afternoon for the ACC Championship Game from Bank of America Stadium, as No. 3 Clemson and No. 2 Notre Dame face off at 4 p.m. ET for ACC supremacy in a rematch of their double-overtime thriller from November with CFP implications. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, Crump is not just half the brain trust behind TNet

Dec 18, 2020, 8:15 AM

He’s also a BRILLIANT PROGNOSTICATOR! I think he has nailed it with his game score prediction of 42-7.

Kudos to you Crump®!

Nikki’s clairvoyance isn’t too shabby, either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: So, Crump is not just half the brain trust behind TNet

Dec 18, 2020, 8:59 AM

Am I the only one that's a little nervous about it?

I'm hoping Clemson wins, but not to trounce them. I want ND in the playoffs, also, because the next choice is Aggy from Texas A$M and I live in Texas and do not want that happening. They are like the coots and maybe worse.

Dec 18, 2020, 9:21 AM

The big difference this time around will be the Tiger defense. If the three guys who missed the first game agains ND can stay healthy for the entire game, it could be a comfortable win for Clemson. Also, the running ability of Lawrence and his leadership will improve the offense. Hard to believe Etienne will not perform much better than he did the first time. Having said all of that, I'll settle for a one-point win by the Tigers. Oh yeah, let's hope the punting game is better than the VT game...

Dec 18, 2020, 10:35 AM

True, and on the defense, Venables is brilliant and will have learned from the first game.

ND did control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in the first game and that can't happen again. DJ is an awesome freshman and a future superstar with an incredible arm, but TL is a much better runner and that should make a huge difference.

I see it as: Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Ohio State. I don't want Aggy in because I have to live here at least a couple more years and they are a particularly obnoxious bunch.

Dec 18, 2020, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: So, Crump is not just half the brain trust behind TNet ]

westerntigerfan, you have always been kind to when I try to do my best with my posting, and I always return that kindness to you with many others here on T-Net. But I seriously don't agree with you, and I hope that our Tigers beat the living crap out of ND, and I mean really bad.

IMO, it really don't matter who we play in the playoffs bc, the playoffs are to trim the fat of the best teams to who the best two teams are, and I believe that at full strength our Tiger team is one of the best two teams in the country. Believing that as I do, I don't care who we play in the playoffs if we knock ND out, as I truly hope that we send them home to put away their FB gear until the spring!!!

Go Tigers, and here's to crushing the Leprechauns of Notre Dame, and proving to them that the ACC isn't as easy as they thought it would be, not where Clemson is concerned anyway!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Bill, but wrong Crump...

Dec 18, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to So, Crump is not just half the brain trust behind TNet ]

that's Tony (4x4) with the 42-7 prediction. He's the brother of Crump® (Tommy).

HTH that helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: TNET: ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth

Dec 18, 2020, 11:32 AM

This is the playoff scenario I would like to see:

First - Tigers beat ND in Charlotte

Playoffs : Bama/ND and Clemson/ O31-0 ST
Tigers curb stomp the bucknuts and go on to beat Bama in the championship game.

In that scenario how can anyone argue with us being champions? No doubt, no asterisk, no questions!
GO TIGERS!!!

Re: TNET: ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth

Dec 18, 2020, 11:35 AM

It's the last team standing, no matter who they beat.

Dec 18, 2020, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC Championship Prediction: Tigers and Irish battle for Playoff berth ]

No asterisk if we could beat two SEC teams in Bama and Texass A&M. If that was to be the way that it all played out, that should show all that's looking on, that Clemson could play in the SEC and win at the top level of college FB in season also!!! Go Tigers, Go Clemson Tigers, the FB program that knows, and understands that to be the best, you beat the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 2:05 PM

I don't know - I'm pretty confident here. I think everything fell the way of ND last time in a perfect storm and we still should have won - just needed one first down. I think our D will be much better with our guys back and pride on the line and the OL will be highly motivated to make amends as well. Not to mention that guy #16 who changes the whole offense in terms of balance and experience. Just don't turn it over and we will be fine. Tigers win 37-24.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 5:17 PM

That is the absolute truth!!! That last matchup was our to lose, and we found a way to do just that by running two straight running plays when our running game had been stuffed through the entire game. When needed a first down to win the game, we ran the ball on 1st, and 2nd down, and that was the way the game was lost. That is the way that it happen, and that's the truth regardless of how much the truth hurts!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic