Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, Dodgers won World Series but TV Viewing at record low levels.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

So, Dodgers won World Series but TV Viewing at record low levels.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:20 AM

Well who would have guessed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong Bored Moran!

Oct 29, 2020, 12:28 AM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Dodgers won World Series but TV Viewing at record low levels.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:29 AM

Dodgers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 29, 2020, 6:48 AM

Games were early for West coast viewers (started at 5pm) and Tampa Bay has minimal fan following on the east coast.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This type of response invariably follows these ratings posts

Oct 29, 2020, 7:29 AM

and to me it just doesn’t good water. Yes the Rays have a small fan base, but the fact that a small fan base team against the Dodgers meant ratings were so terrible is in itself an issue, I think. People don’t watch unless it’s their team. That is a very bad sign for MLB I think. And with the Dodgers being one of the most popular franchises, it should have had less of an impact. Starting at 5:00 on the West Coast shouldn’t have had an impact, especially when you consider who many people aren’t going into an office.

Politics, cord cutting, other activities...could be any of these things or all of it, but professional sports has had a couple years of bad ratings across the board. Probably more involved than it just being one unpopular team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: This type of response invariably follows these ratings posts

Oct 29, 2020, 7:36 AM

Baseball ratings have always been driven by the matchups. And I’m sorry you are offended by a contrary opinion. 5pm weeknights has never been a big ratings time. And just for the record, I am more conservative than most and have never voted for a Democrat. This is not a political take on my part.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure where you got that I was offended but ok.***

Oct 29, 2020, 7:58 AM

null

Oct 29, 2020, 7:23 AM

We know why dont we lbb and its not about time of games

Baseball was already a dying sport

Oct 29, 2020, 7:50 AM

Its a slow, boring game no one watches anymore. Then you add in all the racial, cop hating, whittie hating, American hating bullcrap and you further alienate what fan base you had left. This latter part applies to ALL professional sports as there have been precipitous declines in viewership across the board since these hypocrites started kneeling and demanding (white people and cops) change.

I think whittie is spelled whitey. YWIA.***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Baseball was already a dying sport

Oct 29, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Baseball was already a dying sport ]

You can’t be serious! Where do you live? Here in the Triangle of NC the game is more popular than it ever has been. I think a lot of middle to upper class kids are steering away from football and playing year round baseball, at least that’s what I’m seeing.

The Dodgers play football?***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 9:45 AM

The World Series not having great TV ratings this season is not a major shock.

What is a major shock is that the World Series still got MUCH better ratings than the NBA Finals with a much worse match-up and worse game times to draw viewers.

MLB has always been regionally interesting. Very few watch unless they have a team playing.

Drawing better ratings than the NBA Finals is a much worse look for the NBA than than it is a win for MLB.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic