Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I watched the 46-27 Georgia Tech victory over Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,205

So I watched the 46-27 Georgia Tech victory over Louisville

Oct 13, 2020, 6:02 PM

...and came away a lot more impressed with Louisville than I did with GT.

Yes, I know the Bees won by 19. Louisville also turned the ball over four times, and still managed to outgain the Bees. Now, Louisville isn't a complete team but they do have a dangerous QB and some weapons on the perimeter, and a talented if fumble-prone RB (who also makes incomprehensible decisions in regards to down and distance with the football), though you can definitely see poor Scott Satterfield is having to rebuild that Cardinal D from scratch, since as was his usual wont Bobby Petrino left the Cards an absolutely gutted locker room with absolutely nobody left in the locker room who could pursue, cover, or tackle. Bobby P just didn't do that defense thing.

That was still kind compared to what Paul Johnson seems to have left the Bees. Freshman Jeff Simms - not a Paul Johnson recruit - is certainly talented and has obvious speedy wheels and a live arm and will be a good player - in 2021 or 2022. For now Simms definitely looks like a freshman...he was only 11 of 22 - albeit for 249 yards! - against the Cards but those numbers were also padded by the fact that the Cardinals busted repeatedly on D...mostly against Jahmyr Gibbs, a freshman RB who was also not a Paul Johnson guy, and is therefore also actually talented. Keep an eye on #21...he's explosive, and he can catch out of the backfield.

Other than the two newbies, though, GT has...well, nothing. As in, literally nothing. Their receivers are terrible, their line is terrible, their defense is...well, you get the idea. The GT defense does not quite approach the absolute dismal bottom-feeder pathos of, say, SEC teams such as Alabama, LSU, Florida, or Ole Miss that are currently teaming up to make Big 12 defense look good but the Ramblin' Wreck still rate just 56th out of 76 teams currently playing and allow a generous 448.8 per game, which is not good, and I looked real hard and literally couldn't pick out anybody on their D who really looked like he had much chance of playing Sundays.

So it's hard to see the YJ's doing much against Clemson. Clemson needs to sit on Simms and corral him and his sidekick Jahmyr Gibbs...and that's pretty much the Bee offense right there, since if Simms has the capacity to stand and deliver with the pressure Clemson is likely to bring we haven't seen it yet. And short of digging a trench at midfield, I did not really see a way the Georgia Tech D can really slow down Clemson's O.

There are some challenging games left on the schedule. This doesn't look like one of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I watched the 46-27 Georgia Tech victory over Louisville

Oct 13, 2020, 6:30 PM

Thanks Quoz. Well written. We destroy the bees this weekend with Herbstreit taking snaps in the third.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're just grateful that y'all are taking a week off from

Oct 13, 2020, 6:42 PM

real competition to come visit us in Atlanta. Hopefully, your 4th string and walkon players get plenty of game time experience.

Re: We're just grateful that y'all are taking a week off from

Oct 13, 2020, 7:00 PM

I was a Tech for grad school way back during the OLeary years. Was a great environment back then. I like the way your program is progressing. There is hope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're just grateful that y'all are taking a week off from

Oct 13, 2020, 7:51 PM

I agree with this. Huge learning curve for the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're welcome.

Oct 14, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to We're just grateful that y'all are taking a week off from ]

It's the least we can do to help give your program some awareness.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your 4th string and walkon players may get plenty of PT too

Oct 14, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to We're just grateful that y'all are taking a week off from ]

Why subject your starters to a four quarter a$$ whoopin' !?!?!

There are a couple of other games on your schedule that you actually have a chance to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The outcome will be similar to last years 52-14 beatdown.***

Oct 14, 2020, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 14, 2020, 10:12 AM

Sounds like this is a good team to play right after a huge win.

Oct 14, 2020, 10:17 AM

“Digging a trench at midfield”, can they do that? Should we be worried?

Re: Assuming we boatrace them in the 1st/2nd quarter, our

Oct 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

backups need meaningful snaps in the 2nd half. And in particular our 2nd/3rd string RB's, Oline / Dline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The Alabama thing was kind of tongue in cheek, right?***

Oct 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

Oct 14, 2020, 12:14 PM

I hear ya, but strange things happen to us in ATL. I don’t count this one as a W until it’s evident during the game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like when DW4 got hurt and Cole Stoudt

Oct 14, 2020, 2:01 PM

scored 12 pts for GT and just 3 for Clemson?

Oct 14, 2020, 12:38 PM

I wanna see DJ for 4-5 series. Hope we are focused in the 1st half and create some distance.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,205
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic