Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some cursing the Big10 over on the Husker boreds after
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Some cursing the Big10 over on the Husker boreds after

Oct 29, 2020, 11:50 AM

Big will not let them replace Wisconsin with Chattanooga on Saturday. Think they miss the Big 12 about right now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some cursing the Big10 over on the Husker boreds after

Oct 29, 2020, 12:12 PM

NEB is a bad fit for the B1G....its a shame Texas has to screw it up for everyone. They should be in the Big 12....much like ARK and MIZZ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 12:22 PM

Texas is a much more valuable brand than any other school in the Big 12. Sure it was selfish of them to launch their own TV network, but it’s not their responsibility to provide welfare checks to the other big 12 members like Bama does to UofScar.

Nebraska had their feelings hurt and made a poor decision to leave the Big 12 and Texas recruiting behind to chase the money in the B1G. Now, they are stuck in irrelevancy for the foreseeable future.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:50 PM

Nebraska is the Kansas State of the Big Ten. And I'm not talking about today's Kansas State. I am talking the one when Nebraska was in the Big Eight and which could never have dreamed of beating Nebraska. Just as today's Nebraska would get pounded by Kansas State.

Oct 29, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Some cursing the Big10 over on the Husker boreds after ]

your post is true but the Longhorn Network hasnt seemed to help them a bit. To me that is very curious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 1:46 PM

The LHN has delivered exactly what it promised UT: Revenue. It doesn't matter the network itself was a pathetic overreach and nobody actually watches or gives a care about it.

Oct 29, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Some cursing the Big10 over on the Husker boreds after ]

Texas has huge money but they also have Terminal Entitlement Disease. You can’t buy your way out of Terminal Entitlement Disease. The only way out is culture change and hard work. Culture change and hard work are the very last two things that entitled people are interested in trying.

Oct 29, 2020, 1:51 PM

Nebraska would be just as irrelevant in the Big 12 as the B1G. The main difference is they get an indefinite boatload of money from the B1G while the Big 12 languishes.

The fact is national recruiting has made Nebraska a middling football program, at best. The glory days are long gone and will never return. NU wouldn't even be 3rd best behind UT and OU if they stayed.

Oct 29, 2020, 3:00 PM

I think they miss the Big8 and the days before the forward pass. Maybe they need to give ol' PCJ a call.

This is the one issue with the "expansion" conferences. You have definite losers in the shuffle and Nebraska is one.

You used to have between 7-10 team vying for a title in 7-10 conferences.... thus you had more teams getting bigger pies of hardware. BigEast's 7 teams, B10/11, SWC, ACC, SEC, PAC, WAC, PLUS a independent list that would rival todays modern conferences. Basically, you now have 11-14 teams in 5 conferences vying for a title and while "divisional" titles are all well and nice, they really don't county as much.

Which I do find the old independents kinda fun. It was a Natty or else so Ped State, Pitt, Miami, and ND were focused, the coots were just cashing that non-participation check and calling it a day.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic