Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll say it again. This stinks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I'll say it again. This stinks.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

Right now I will take what the reports are as being true.
1. One Clemson player, reserve OL, tested positive. Took the test yesterday and got the results back today. (Conflicting reports as to whether or not he was asymptomatic during the week, but in my eyes that is irrelevant. He tested negative throughout the week, but the Friday test came back positive.)
2. FSU medical staff says that due to contact tracing - he got on the plane, flew to Tally and was in close contact with others on the team - they did not feel comfortable sending players into the game who would be in close contact with those players who should be isolated due to contact tracing.
3. Clemson offered to retest everyone and play the game tomorrow if tests came back negative.
4. Clemson offered to play the game on Monday if tests came back negative.
5. FSU refused both offers.

This stinks.

The game should be played today. All those guys who were in close contact with the player also were given tests that came back negative. It's not like they haven't been tested since the guy was positive.

My speculation: College administrators are scared of lawsuits and of not being politically correct. I put complete blame on the decision not to play on people outside the coaching staff. I don't think Norvell or anyone else - from the players to the trainers to the grad assistants to the coaching staff wanted the game cancelled. I do think a bunch of pointy headed administrators instructed the medical staff to refuse to allow the game to be played.

It stinks. I refrain from talking politics on message boards where I am a guest. I will overstep that just to say this: The decision not to play was not an athletic decision, it was not a medical decision, it was a political decision.

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Recap....The Worst Part is FSU Coach When Tests Positiv

Nov 21, 2020, 10:41 AM

Still plays game after I'm sure he had contact with team. Feels super hypocritical

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Recap....The Worst Part is FSU Coach When Tests Positiv

Nov 21, 2020, 10:44 AM

Norvell immediately went into isolation when the positive test came back. He quarantined for 10 days, missed the Miami game, and had 3 negative tests before he came back to the team. The team continued to follow testing protocols during his isolation. No one tested positive during that time.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Good Recap....The Worst Part is FSU Coach When Tests Positiv ]

Norvell immediately went into isolation when the positive test came back. He quarantined for 10 days, missed the Miami game, and had 3 negative tests before he came back to the team. The team continued to follow testing protocols during his isolation. No one tested positive during that time.

Nov 21, 2020, 11:42 AM

And according to reports, our player that tested positive was isolated and sent home immediately following the receipt of the positive test. No different than Norvell.

He had no more contact with others on the team than Norvell did but the team played the next day. Apparently they knew all of this yesterday but waited until this morning to call it off.

F FSU. Just go back to being a girls school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll say it again. This stinks.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

Then Norvell is free to say he was ready and willing to go, but was over ruled and he has to abide by that decision. The question is and I don't know the answer, did Clemson meet the ACC's protocol to play? If so, FSU should forfeit. If not, FSU was correct.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson met ALL protocals set forth by ACC***

Nov 21, 2020, 10:45 AM

Sorry, not buying that.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

They were good with playing after your HC tested positive on a Friday but now they aren’t? Not passing the smell test my friend.

Re: Sorry, not buying that.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:48 AM

Norvell tested positive on Friday, 9/18. He went into isolation. FSU had a by week. No game on the 19th.) FSU played Miami on the 26th. Norvell was still in isolation for that game. Players were tested at least 3 times from the time Norvell was tested positive and the Miami game. (I think it was 4, but I'm not sure.)

Re: Sorry, not buying that.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:57 AM

You’re a FSU fan, I get it. So tell me, has FSU had zero players or coaches test positive before Friday games all season? Has every team they have played this year had zero positive tests on Fridays?

Highly unlikely. Lets face it, something stinks and I’m not placing all blame on FSU administrators.

The bottom line is***

Nov 21, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, not buying that. ]

If Clemson met the ACC's protocol to play the game and FSU chose not to play the game, then FSU should have to forfeit. Period. There is no reason to have a conference protocol and not abide by it without sustaining a forfeit. I would like clarification from the ACC on whether Clemson did meet the standards to play the game. If so, there should be no debate over FSU having to forfeit.

Re: The bottom line is***

Nov 21, 2020, 11:45 AM

^^^^^ This. ^^^^^

Flat looking to get out of the game. Hiding behind

Nov 21, 2020, 10:47 AM

fabricated medical reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 10:49 AM

I am sure FSU is concerned here. Yet they were never concerned with Winston's exploits both food and sexual. Nor those of Coles or Warwick. This would could cause a loss of a game. Clear their priorities here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 10:56 AM

Conquered . . .

by fear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2020, 10:57 AM

How bad will it smell if, by chance, Notre Dame can't play in the ACC Championship game? They would get a bye directly into the playoffs and Clemson could be left out.

Nov 21, 2020, 12:12 PM

You’re a stand up guy, bretfsu. Thank you.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic