Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!!

Oct 19, 2016, 11:53 AM

Hey guys, just got my tickets for the Cuse game. Can't wait to experience your town, stadium, and fans. I'm bringing my 11 year old with me. Everyone up here is a little more excited after our Va Tech win Saturday. Don't worry, we know our place. lol.

Question: I may have a parking pass for "Brooks Center Lot" on I think Cherry Rd. Its right next to Lot 23. How far a walk to the stadium from there approx?

Thanks. Cant' wait to get down there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^not a Tiger***

Oct 19, 2016, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^not a Tiger***

Oct 19, 2016, 11:55 AM

What? I'm confused. I'm a Syracuse fan excited to come to Clemson.

Oct 19, 2016, 11:58 AM

Welcome to tigernet

Oct 19, 2016, 11:58 AM [ in reply to ^^^^not a Tiger*** ]

Oh I get it now after reading other threads. haha, No i'm not a tiger.

Oct 19, 2016, 12:06 PM

An inside joke Hahaha.... welcome and enjoy the experience

Correct... DO NOT BE FOOLED TNET.

Oct 19, 2016, 12:14 PM [ in reply to ^^^^not a Tiger*** ]

This is a Syracuse fan posing as a Clemson fan. He's clever, but has been busted before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Correct... DO NOT BE FOOLED TNET.

Oct 19, 2016, 1:05 PM

Must be confusing me with someone else I have over 300 posts on here and if you look back I have engaged in some fun banter but I've always been respectful Your program is top notch and we are lucky to be in the ACC with you

Juice, don't take any of the knocks seriously. Some people

Oct 19, 2016, 1:26 PM

Just like to make waves and between things going well and a bye week coming up, they're bored.

Glad you're coming down to enjoy the game. One of the problems with these big conferences is that the schools' fans only meet on the internet, which probably skews perceptions. Should be a great time. Hope you enjoy it.

null

Re: Juice, don't take any of the knocks seriously. Some people

Oct 19, 2016, 1:33 PM

ha, great point. And now that I think about it, I'm sure I had some bad moments posting on here in the last few years after a couple of butt whoopins. But, overall, its been a great experience with your fanbase. Even did a couple shots of bourbon with your fans in my dome lot last year. Great people.

Glad you had a good time. Come back any time.***

Oct 19, 2016, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!!

Oct 19, 2016, 11:55 AM

Lot 23 is a 10 min stroll to the stadium . Enjoy the experience , there is none other like it .

Sorry about what your team is gonna have to experience ...but the tailgating should take the edge of for the fans .

??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 AM

Wow. So only like half a mile. Perfect.

Oct 19, 2016, 4:07 PM

if you stay on campus, walk towards the library and enjoy some of what the beautiful campus has to offer. Not a far walk at all. Wouldn't even say 1/2 mile. Probably less.

Oct 31, 2016, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!! ]

probably a little longer than half a mile , and has some hills....but still not bad at all ... good parking is hard for find for cheap in clemson on game day...who all is coming down from syr with you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 12:16 PM

My 11 year old and I are meeting our friends in Spartanburg. I'm not sure how many cuse fans will be in that corner visitor section. We'll be wearing Orange. ha.

You will blend in nicely!! :)***

Nov 1, 2016, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You will blend in nicely!! :)***

Nov 1, 2016, 9:50 AM

It works out great that ya'll are wearing purple. It allows us to actually wear Orange and NOT blend in. Or do a lot of people still wear orange on a purple day?

Either way, only a few days away.

Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 AM

You'll want to walk it twice it's so nice.......

Can u bring photos of that awesome

Oct 17, 2014, 10:28 AM

Locker room and low ceilings? Lmao

Re: Can u bring photos of that awesome

Oct 19, 2016, 11:59 AM

haha. So bad. We are starting a $255 million renovation in 3 months. Thank god.

will it have a/c? Try looking at our

Oct 19, 2016, 12:07 PM

Brand new facility which will have pools, soak tanks, hill, barber shop, volley ball court, bbq pit, whiffle ball field, basketball courts, lake near by, video games etc..

Re: will it have a/c? Try looking at our

Oct 19, 2016, 3:36 PM

You left out the De NAP room!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 11:58 AM

Hope you and your 11 year old enjoy the trip and your experience in Clemson and Death Valley. Hope you don't mind if I hope you head back with a loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 12:00 PM

When you already know there's a 98% chance of a loss, it actually makes the trip more relaxing in a weird way.

As someone who bleeds orange

Oct 19, 2016, 12:23 PM

I can tell you that logical tiger fans are in no way shape or form assuming we will get an easy W against you guys.

Dungey gave us fits last year and you guys appear much improved. We will need to play fundamental football for a full 60 mins to put you guys away. Dino appears to be your man.

Oct 19, 2016, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!! ]

Wonder what kind of 'cuse VT is trying to dream up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Oct 19, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Yankee on my way down!!! ]

Ha! I may have to use that on my nephew - Syracuse Class of '94 - as I have been trying to get him up here (he now lives in Tampa) for a game, but "he never seems to be able to find the time"!

I think you will find a game day in Clemson to be quite an experience. Enjoy the trip and the great memory shared with your son.

I'll caution you, though, you may gain a 'Tiger Fan' after he experiences our Tigers (and fans) in Death Valley.

;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I'm gonna say maybe a half mile? it's not bad. We also have

Oct 19, 2016, 11:59 AM

shuttles all over. If you don't get that pass, let me know. I have one you can use. (Used to live in Morris) Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome

Oct 19, 2016, 12:01 PM
ParkingWalk.JPG(124.1 K)

Hope you have a great time pre-game and can enjoy Clemson even after the loss :)

It looks like its about 1 mile (see attached pic)

And in case you need it here's a parking map:
https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3696406.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28500&

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome

Oct 19, 2016, 12:03 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the map

Oct 19, 2016, 12:09 PM

Suggest cutting through as many parking lots as possible. You will get to see lots of tailgates and usually pick up a snack or two along the way.

null

Oct 31, 2016, 12:24 PM

Take the dotted line (shown on the map) toward the Library. Takes you through the heart of campus instead of a perimeter road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went to the game up there last year and had a great time

Oct 19, 2016, 12:11 PM

Your fans were fun and the Italian food in the area was great!
Hope you get a chance to experience some good SC BBQ (noun not verb) while you're here.

Re: We went to the game up there last year and had a great time

Oct 19, 2016, 1:36 PM

Give me a couple restaurants to go to!!

Re: We went to the game up there last year and had a great time

Oct 31, 2016, 11:01 PM

Where are staying? Greenville?

Yeah, I know.

Oct 19, 2016, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I know.

Oct 31, 2016, 12:19 PM

And once they move down, they don't go back up and are a pain in the a$$. Just couldn't leave it unsaid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 19, 2016, 12:22 PM

Come early, get parked, walk through campus, walk uptown, 55 exchange ice cream(ice cream and waffle cones made in house). Enjoy yourself!! Safe travels

Oct 19, 2016, 12:23 PM

Come early, get parked, walk through campus, walk uptown, 55 exchange ice cream(ice cream and waffle cones made in house). Enjoy yourself!! Safe travels

Safe travels and enjoy your time in Tiger Town..

Oct 19, 2016, 12:27 PM

Also, please disregard the brother-sister infighting on the boards today.. we're 7-0 and apparently filks aren't sure what to do with the off week.
Get in the stadium 30 mins early and be in your seat 20mins before kickoff. Lots of great folks down here.. be respectful and you'll get the southern hospitality treatment.

Enjoy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 19, 2016, 12:47 PM

Less than a mile. Sidewalks all the way. Slight hills. Welcome to Clemson!
Doug

Oct 19, 2016, 12:53 PM

I hope you have a great visit. Clemson fans will be welcoming.

Just ignore the message board grumps. They are bored and looking for something to occupy their time until the FSU game. ;)

Dear Syracuse Yankee....I think we can make this work, but

Oct 19, 2016, 1:02 PM

a few requests. When you get back home, tell everyone you know that the South was just horrible....tell them you hope you never go back, and you definitely don't want to move here, and they shouldn't either.

Also, if you could just throw in a story about going to the SC coast and how it was also filthy and terrible and they should never vacation here, that would be appreciated.

In return for these things, we'll show you a good time here and I'll forgive you for the $1000 I wasted on seeing us get smoked by Donovan McNabb in the Gator Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Syracuse Yankee....I think we can make this work, but

Oct 19, 2016, 1:39 PM

HA! We vacation in HHI every May for a week and freaking love it. I even broke 90 on Harbourtown which for me, well, it was a good day.

IIRC we did well on special teams

Oct 19, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Dear Syracuse Yankee....I think we can make this work, but ]

blocking that PAT. I don't think the rain had anything to do with it

Oct 19, 2016, 1:40 PM

Warning. Our stadium is not air conditioned

Be sure to drop $250.00 off at the Mason Dixon line....that

Oct 19, 2016, 1:42 PM

use to be the Virginia Border,now it is somewhere about Marietta....

Western New Yorker here

Oct 19, 2016, 2:02 PM

My son went to SUNY Fredonia and got a grad assistantship for Masters and PHD in Math from Clemson(he left before PHD). I have been attending a home game every year since he started in 2011. There is nothing in the north to compare to a game weekend at Clemson. Been to games at ND, Pitt, Penn State, Navy, Cuse last year to see Clemson, and others, Bills, Browns, Steelers. Clemson best by far.
I always get a Brooks pass and my 5 year old granddaughter makes the walk to the stadium easily. We left Brooks at 11 for the 12 kickoff against NC state and had plenty of time to see pregame stuff. Don't miss the team running down the hill.
Set up a nice tailgate and don't be in a hurry to leave after the game. We tailgate before and after the game. Smoking Pig for BBQ makes Dinosaur a distant 10th. Have not had better brisket anywhere and I seek out BBQ when I travel. Let me know if you want more from a Southern Tier New York Clemson University fan (but not a true fan because I am not an alumnus in the spirit of today's discussions).

Re: Western New Yorker here

Oct 19, 2016, 2:05 PM

Thanks. Dinosaur is good, not great. Its done such a great job marketing, that it gets national acclaim, but like you said, I'm absolutely certain the place you mentioned is better.

No more yankee my wankee.

Oct 19, 2016, 2:18 PM

- L .D. Dong, Esquire

Welcome! Smoking Pig @ 6630 Clemson Blvd. What day are y'all

Oct 19, 2016, 3:15 PM

coming? If Friday - go there foe EARLY supper - always a huge crowd. But worth it as your child will soak up some true Southern Culture!
Is this your 1st trip to Clemson? Hospitality is real nice. On Saturday before the game - I would suggest getting in the stadium 45 minutes before kickoff. There's a lot to see if it's not swarming with incoming fans. We have IMO the VERY best pregame show. Your child (boy or girl?) will enjoy seeing the players warm up & do their locked arm in arm thing. JUST HOPE Y'ALL HAVE FUN!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome! Smoking Pig @ 6630 Clemson Blvd. What day are y'all

Oct 19, 2016, 3:31 PM

Coming in Friday. Staying with my good friend in Spartanburg. Playing Carolina Country Club in Spartanburg Friday. I'll be sure my son and I get in the stadium a good 45 minutes ahead of time.

Thanks. Can't wait.

Welcome and hope you both have a great time. Brooks Center

Oct 19, 2016, 3:34 PM

is bad. Like others said you can cut through a few parking lots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome and hope you both have a great time. Brooks Center

Oct 19, 2016, 3:38 PM

Bad meaning no scene? I'll make sure we head towards the stadium. It'll be weird wearing Orange and not standing out cuz everyone else has Orange as well. That's the one thing we have on you guys. haha. We are actually the Orange. You guys just happen to wear our color. haha. Hey, I gotta have something on my side right?

Oct 19, 2016, 4:09 PM

Walk through campus, quicker and more life. It'll be fine. Don't walk on Perimeter Rd.

Oct 31, 2016, 10:27 AM

Game week! Flying down Friday morning with my boy. Looks like 75 and sunny Saturday. Our white Yankee butts are gonna need some sunscreen.

Can't wait to see you fine Clemson folks.

Oct 31, 2016, 10:34 AM

You will likely be the only people in the south putting on sunscreen lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 10:36 AM

Ha. 37 degrees as the kids got on the bus this morning. Trick or treating gonna be a little chilly.

I can almost taste the BBQ but I have to wait 5 more days!

Wear the sunscreen. Seriously***

Oct 31, 2016, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome and hope you both have a great time. Brooks Center ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget it's Military Apprecian Day

Oct 31, 2016, 11:04 AM

Clemson has a VERY STRONG military tradition; used to be named Clemson A&M, and the stadium official name is Memorial Stadium, honoring all those who have fallen defending this great nation.
There will be military equipment displayed on Bowman Field that kids (and grown ups) enjoy.
PLEASE plan on remaining in your seats at half time. We always have an excellent and emotional presentation. If you are a veteran, you are welcome to join all veterans on the field for the half time presentation.
OBTW, usually the Tigers wear all purple uniforms this day to honor the Purple Heart recipients, and you may see a lot of Tiger Nation wearing purple also.

Message was edited by: lockman®

Re: Don't forget it's Military Apprecian Day

Oct 31, 2016, 11:39 AM

Wow. I'm glad I'm able to be there for this.

Welcome aboard, safe travels to ya! Military Aprec also!***

Oct 31, 2016, 11:29 AM

deer cuse fan....***

Oct 31, 2016, 11:31 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: deer cuse fan....***

Oct 31, 2016, 11:38 AM

Dabo and Shafer became quite close after he apologized for that moment. Our new coach shows zero emotion on the sideline. He shows plenty in crappy locker rooms after we beat ranked opponents. haha.

Oct 31, 2016, 11:42 AM

no ill will just love dusting that gif off every once in a while.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 31, 2016, 11:45 AM

Definitely a keeper. God he lost his mind.

Had a great conversation with a Cuse fan

Oct 31, 2016, 12:03 PM

on another site back in 2013 the day before the game in the Carrier Dome.He told me how much Syracuse joining the ACC was helping the University and the city economically and that it was great to see fans excited to watch football again.Turns out his mother was from Spartanburg and he kept up a little with Dorman High footall.Small world.He made me want to come up and see Syracuse as I have not been much beyond Orange County NY .lol

After the game

Oct 31, 2016, 1:12 PM

Take your child on the field after the game - just wait the required 30 seconds prior to doing so. A tradition not available anyplace else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 9:27 PM

Syracuse Yankee Fan - My family and I made our first trip from Syracuse to watch my nephew kick for the Tigers against Louisville. Fans were awesome, tailgating was a blast and the game was surreal. Make sure to check out the Tiger walk, eat some great food and enjoy the moment. Same energy as the Orange and G'Town during the Big East heyday !

Oct 31, 2016, 9:32 PM

We park I Brooks. It is next to the band practice field. If you have time the band walks past Brooks and the Cooper library to the amphitheater for a brief performance called 90 minutes before kickoff. You can easily go by Tillman hall and the Calhoun house on the way to the stadium. Have fun.

Nov 3, 2016, 2:03 PM

24 hours from now I'll be in sunny SC! Gonna get some BBQ Friday night and witness Death Valley in all its glory Saturday. Its so great when there's no expectation to win, you can just enjoy the trip.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic