Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CFP Chair says Clemson dominance, Buckeyes’ weak schedule played role in rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,995

TNET: CFP Chair says Clemson dominance, Buckeyes’ weak schedule played role in rankings

Nov 24, 2020, 9:18 PM

CFP Chair says Clemson dominance, Buckeyes’ weak schedule played role in rankings

The initial College Football Playoff rankings for the 2020 season were released Tuesday night, with Alabama debuting in the top spot with Notre Dame at number two. Some might have been shocked to see a one-loss Clemson team in the third spot, but committee chair Gary Barta said that the Tigers’ dominance and Ohio St.’s (number four) schedule all played a role.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CFP Chair says Clemson dominance, Buckeyes’ weak schedule played role in rankings

Nov 24, 2020, 9:45 PM

With how late they started their season, they shouldn't have ever been with any consideration for the playoff to begin with!!! It sucks that grown men will take a team that first says they're not going to have a season, then 7 weeks later decide they're going to play, and still consider them as a playoff team after 4 games, and the ones that started the season on time or right after, and they have to explain themselves for adding a one loss team that they're season is about over. The NCAA should be dismantle with only the Big being the only conference they have any control over what they do, or don't do!!!! Actually, the NCAA headquarters building should be imploded, and the NCAA done completely away with!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CFP Chair says Clemson dominance, Buckeyes’ weak schedule played role in rankings

Nov 24, 2020, 10:01 PM

I've said it before, as have many others, AP rankings should not begin until everyone has played at least five games. Putting teams ahead of others when a snap has not even been made is just stupid. Why give any team an immediate advantage? The previous year's performance should not count, nor should future projections based on recruiting, schedule, etc. Only what happens on the field should count.

Nov 24, 2020, 10:03 PM

What advantage does an early poll ranking give anyone?
Or did you mean benefit of the doubt?
I agree the early rankings are silly but it’s what the media uses to hype games. That’s all it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 24, 2020, 10:10 PM

Giving a team (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, eg) a #1 ranking makes it much easier for them to make the playoff since they don't have to climb over other teams in the rankings and hope other teams lose. Let them earn the ranking, rather than just assuming they are #1, #2, whatever.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:36 AM

He should have just told the truth.....”Nothing is sweeter than a full on tantrum from an entitled Bucknut”.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:30 AM

I live in Texas, so I want Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State in the playoffs. The next choice right now is Aggy from Texas A$M and I can't have that. You have to live in Texas and actually know some of them to get what I am saying, but no Aggy in the payoffs, please.

As somebody above said, the NCAA is a joke. It needs to be disbanded, but the Payoff committee is a joke, too.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

I live in Texas, so I want Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State in the playoffs. The next choice right now is Aggy from Texas A$M and I can't have that. You have to live in Texas and actually know some of them to get what I am saying, but no Aggy in the payoffs, please.

As somebody above said, the NCAA is a joke. It needs to be disbanded, but the Payoff committee is a joke, too.

westerntigerfan, I live in Cootlumbia, so I think I may know what you're saying when speaking about the Aggy fans!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,995
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic