Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy?

Dec 31, 2020, 8:01 AM

Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy?

There is such a thing as being too focused, and one has to wonder if Ohio State has fallen into that trap. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of the beat Clemson signs down in Columbia. Rent free.***

Dec 31, 2020, 8:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reminds me of the beat Clemson signs down in Columbia. Rent free.***

Jan 1, 2021, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy?

Dec 31, 2020, 8:11 AM

Our eyes are through the windshield, not the rear view mirror!

Go Tigers!!

Part of me wonders if this will be like Louisville rematch

Dec 31, 2020, 8:38 AM

Remember the build up leading into the 2017 Louisville game? Everyone was billing it as a huge rematch and revenge game for Louisville after their close loss in the 2016 classic in Death Valley. All the hype was about Lamar Jackson getting his revenge. Gameday was there. Night game at Louisville.

Didn't matter. We rolled them. We were the better team. All that hype was based around the Louisville team from the previous season, not the current one. In some ways, this feels like Ohio State this year.

Now don't get me wrong, this OSU team is better than the 2017 Louisville team. They have the horses to compete and if they play a flawless game they can win. But they're not as good as they were a year ago and I think we might even be better than our 2019 selves. If we take care of business and play a good game we'll prevail by double digits.

Dec 31, 2020, 8:40 AM

I’m worried their fans weren’t able to enjoy Christmas with so much hatred in their hearts.

Yes.***

Dec 31, 2020, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson seems pretty relaxed...

Dec 31, 2020, 9:06 AM

On the other hand...OSU is puffing out their chest and playing the revenge card. I know we had our "revenge" game with ND this year but our attitude going into that game was fairly relaxed as if we knew we were the better team.

And the better team will win tomorrow. From what I have read from both sides, both teams know that Clemson is better and OSU is pulling out all the stops to try and turn the tide somehow.

The Tigers better be ready for a physical game because I fully expect the Buckeyes to play physical and borderline dirty...as if anything goes to win the game type stuff. Eventually the Tigers, focusing on themselves will pull away.

Don't be surprised if this turns into a chippy game in the 4th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Dec 31, 2020, 9:12 AM

their obsession with Charleston, Beaufort, Hilton Head and Myrtle isn't either.

GBTO!

Message was edited by: MidlandsTiger87®

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Dec 31, 2020, 9:16 AM

David great article!

Dec 31, 2020, 9:21 AM

It for sure reminds me of the 5 in a row era we went through, although a couple of those years, the ##### were better a couple of years they were not. The ole ball coach said just enough to keep everyone on the edge of their seat and when game time came we were tight and could not make enough plays. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "leave no doubt" games this year.

Dec 31, 2020, 9:28 AM

The section that refers to the Ohio State fan site sounds like this site after a loos and probably the sites of every major school. If Ohio State is not obsessed with beating their opponent, they may as well not play. If Dabo and our guys are not 100% focused on beating Ohio State, they are making a huge mistake.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:11 AM

They will be 100% focused on playing the best game that Clemson can play. If they do that, it doesn't matter what OSU does. It's playoff football. Maybe some use OSU as a reminder but they are not the true source of the motivation.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy? ]

Coming from an idiot of their own making!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every post you reply to involving OcryO St.

Dec 31, 2020, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy? ]

You’re either propping them up or making excuses for them. There is some level of loyalty you have to the buck nuts. Please explain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Every post you reply to involving OcryO St.

Dec 31, 2020, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Is Ohio State's fixation on Clemson healthy? ]

You’re either propping them up or making excuses for them. There is some level of loyalty you have to the buck nuts. Please explain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Dec 31, 2020, 9:35 AM

They have been all bent out of shape over Dabo’s comments but don’t realize he’s putting the pressure on him putting the focus on him and taking it off the team as well as calling out Ohio State and getting in their head and getting their fans their players their coaches Zworked up!

Now the media and everyone is looking at them because it’s putting pressure on them to shut us up and beat us!

They're just setting themselves up for another big let down***

Dec 31, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bulletin board material?

Dec 31, 2020, 9:50 AM

Not that our Tigers need any inspiration to play well but this just shows what a bunch of whining douchebags the OSU coach and players are. This is all they are and will ever be. Woody Hayes started this so-called rivalry when he punched Charlie Bauman in the throat then was subsequently fired. I'm hoping for a total beatdown of OSU!! GO TIGERS!

Inferiority complexes lead to unhealthy fixations.

Dec 31, 2020, 9:58 AM

Just sayin'.

O31O Should have read

Dec 31, 2020, 11:02 AM

Moby D i c k in the off season or at least watched the Ballad of Ricky Bobby they probably could have learned a thing or two...

Dec 31, 2020, 11:28 AM

Being miserable for a year over any sporting event is unhealthy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

O5O State is in trouble...

Dec 31, 2020, 11:39 AM

Be careful what you ask for...

Dec 31, 2020, 11:54 AM

No. It’s not healthy. That’s why Christian Wilkins tried to give a player a free prostrate exam a few years ago.

Dec 31, 2020, 1:16 PM

" Feeeeeelings, oh oh oh feeeeeeeelings"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 2:57 PM

Olive Oil says they don’t want revenge or even redemption, they want a rewrite. Sorry, you can’t rewrite history. There are no do-overs. We are 4-0 and own these guys. Some day, maybe even tomorrow, they will beat Clemson. If it is tomorrow we will be 4-1 against them. History will still be there and we will still be their daddy for at least 4 more games.

Dec 31, 2020, 3:53 PM

yep - sooner or later they will one of these but if its tomorrow it will be because of something we did or didn't do, not because of their (unhealthy) obsession!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol "Never thought we would make it ALL the way back..."

Nov 27, 2019, 10:18 PM

By game 3, halfway in, we were starting to question ourselves....

More pathetic....USuCk, or OSU. Discuss...***

Dec 31, 2020, 4:05 PM

Re: More pathetic....USuCk, or OSU. Discuss...***

Dec 31, 2020, 4:22 PM

Definitely USuCk. At least Ocry0 St is in the playoff discussion. Closest USuCk can get is to chant S-E-C - cheering for their conference rivals???! That would be like us sitting in the stands doing the tomahawk chop back when Free Shoes U was relevant.

0hio State beatdown incoming. Care of Clemson.

Dec 31, 2020, 6:26 PM

Hth

Ryan Day health tips...

Dec 31, 2020, 6:43 PM

http://theozone.net/2020/03/ryan-day-shares-mental-health-tips-buckeye-fans/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they gonna need bigger screens***

Dec 31, 2020, 9:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 6:15 AM

OcryO has talked a lot of chit about their game against us last season, but I believe if they would have won that game, they would have gotten beat by LSU just as we did, or maybe worse!!!

Jan 1, 2021, 12:43 PM

NO! It will destroy them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 2:06 PM

This will backfire on them. We are going to play loose and fun.....let them play angry.

38 - 17 good guys. (We could probably hand 50+ if we wanted to, but Dabo won't...I wish we would.)

This will look much like us vs ND.....Over basically in the 3rd.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jan 2, 2021, 6:42 AM

You were right about 1 thing. It was over in the 3rd qtr

Jan 2, 2021, 9:00 AM

This didn't age well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Jan 2, 2021, 9:15 AM

Healthy for them but not for us. :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic