Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing

Nov 25, 2020, 3:01 PM

It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing

It’s Thanksgiving week, and for every year I’ve been around college football, that meant we were all looking forward to the annual rivalry game against South Carolina. Not in 2020. And that’s just the Pitts, pun intended.

Instead of the South Carolina Gamecocks making the trip to the Upstate for the annual affair, South Carolina hosts Georgia (usually played earlier in the season) and Clemson pl
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots Prolly Happy That They Don't Have to Pay The Rent

Nov 25, 2020, 3:01 PM

This year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's sad that I won't get to hear Toad Ellis say

Nov 25, 2020, 3:11 PM

"Touchdown Clemson" about a dozen times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It's sad the traditions that we've lost this year to COVID

Nov 25, 2020, 3:16 PM

all in the name of protecting players, which is great, but we're doing a good job of it. Far as I know, far more college football players have ended up in the hospital due to regular football injuries than from COVID. If the SEC can play the SEC, then they could've allowed the very few non-conference rivalries to continue on. It's more than football - it's tradition and history. But, no AD wants to be left holding the bag in the highly unlikely event even one player has a bad reaction to COVID and has to be hospitalized. That would be awful in their eyes, but a broken leg, concussion, broken rib, etc - those are ok. I'm all for minimizing unnecessary risks. I wear my seatbelt and drive reasonably close to the speed limit just for that reason. But to not even give these great and historical rivalries a chance - rivalries that survived WW1, the 1918 flu pandemic, the Great Depression, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, the riots and unrest of the 60s, etc - is just shameful and - sorry folks - nothing but political. The ADs are concerned more about liability and appearance than they are about maintaining the great and deeply historical traditions of college sports. But such is life in 2020 and, likely and sadly, beyond.

Re: TNET: It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing

Nov 25, 2020, 3:23 PM

We can at least pretend that panther meat tastes like chicken.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When all this is over the game should be moved

Nov 25, 2020, 4:16 PM

Back to the week before Thanksgiving. Just isn’t the same since it was moved.

Re: TNET: It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing

Nov 25, 2020, 4:37 PM

No, almost 13 million COVID cases and over 261,000 deaths from or possibly from it in the nation is sad. We are not missing much not playing a very bad and very depleted South Carolina this year.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Nov 25, 2020, 7:02 PM

Get a life you ###### up den

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: It's Thanksgiving with no Clemson vs. South Carolina, and that's a sad thing ]

What's really sad is a Doc near where I live is curing 100% of patients and all of his patients are older and in the dangerous category. Nobody is listening. That's what's really sad.
3 people in my family have had it and it's really nothing for a healthy person. For an older person, there's a #### cure but people won't let it happen for some reason. I don't get it.

Nov 25, 2020, 5:30 PM

I’ve hated the fact that we were not playing UofSC since it was first mentioned. I will likely never get completely over it because I think it B S. However, if there is one silver lining, we can beat our earlier 7peat in Death Valley.

Nov 25, 2020, 5:35 PM

Georgia is going to collect the rent check at Willy B. They can drop it off on way back to Athens.

Nov 26, 2020, 9:59 AM

It is sad because this would have been a fun beat down. It's funny that the coots hired Will Muschamp in the first place, but firing him just helps the streak last a few more years because they aren't going to land an Urban Meyer or some good coach.

It doesn’t make sense...

Nov 26, 2020, 12:02 PM

The SEC doesn’t allow out of conference games in football due to COVID but the same rule doesn’t apply to other sports. Guess sports like basketball don’t matter.

It doesn’t make sense...

Nov 26, 2020, 12:02 PM

The SEC doesn’t allow out of conference games in football due to COVID but the same rule doesn’t apply to other sports. Guess sports like basketball don’t matter.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic