Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Superdome Deja Vu: Tigers humbled by Buckeyes in Sugar Bowl loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Superdome Deja Vu: Tigers humbled by Buckeyes in Sugar Bowl loss

Jan 2, 2021, 12:02 AM

Superdome Deja Vu: Tigers humbled by Buckeyes in Sugar Bowl loss

The No. 3 Buckeyes overcame an early 14-7 deficit and went on a 28-0 first-half run that stunned No. 2 Clemson en route to a 49-28 dominating victory in the Sugar Bowl Friday night. Ohio State advances to play No. 1 Alabama in the National Championship in Miami on Jan. 11th. (Photo: Kylerobertson / USATODAY) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Superdome Deja Vu: Tigers humbled by Buckeyes in Sugar Bowl loss

Jan 2, 2021, 12:08 AM

Heartbreaking loss. Dominated from start to finish.

Back to business next year. New team. New goals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More

Jan 2, 2021, 12:10 AM

I believe there will be more hard to swallow but truthful observations in the coming days. Nobody needs to get their shorts in a wad but understand there are questions to ask.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:11 AM

Tough game. Did not see that coming.

If OSU can repeat this on the 11th it should be a good game.

We looked lost on D all noght

Jan 2, 2021, 12:34 AM

I dont know what to say but it was embarrassing!! That's the worse ive seen our Defense. Our OL got pushed around and just too many mistakes all night! I sure hope we use this game as motivation for NEXT year!

Jan 2, 2021, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Superdome Deja Vu: Tigers humbled by Buckeyes in Sugar Bowl loss ]

Ohio State was all about Clemson. They won't repeat that against Bama and the Tide are probably going to crush them and then we all have to hear all that SEC crap again even though it's only Alabama carrying them over and over. Last year, LSU got lucky, but it's almost always Bama carrying that conference.

Ohio State could see no further than Clemson and will get humiliated, I believe.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:30 AM

Lots of lessons to be learned here - I said here if we lost this year it would not be because of what we said but because of how we played. I still stand by that but what we said didn't help any.....
Our weakness in the back end let us down on defense and get got whipped on both sides of the line and we did not have the desire and fire that they did - pure and simple.
I think we need the rest of the ACC to get better (including keeping ND in the conference), we need the coots to be better and we need to play the best competition so we are better prepared for teams that have the level of talent we do - that is to say OSU, Bamma, LSU, etc.
So sorry to see TL and ETN go out this way but let's not forget - we are 41 and 3 with those guys - who else can say that?
Go Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:02 AM

It would help for the ACC to improve, but that same ACC is where we played when we made the CFP 6 years in a row, made the Natty 4 times and won 2 of them. Alabama is the only team that has won 2 national championships in the same time frame. I hope they make it 3 on 1/11.

Ohio State executed much better on both sides of the ball. Fields had a phenomenal night. He put the ball on the money time and time again. Sermon was a beast. OSU simply outplayed us last night similar to how we outplayed Bama 2 yrs ago.

You're not gonna win them all. We can certainly improve. Our program is in very secure hands and is built to last.

This stings, but if the same team that played us last night executes the same way in the NC, Bama will have a very hard time winning. I hope that is not the case as I have never been an OSU fan, but OSU is capable of winning it all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:26 AM

Clemson was pretty young last year in the DL and young again this year with top players being Bresee and Murphy. We have a lot of really young talent on this team and it's going to be alright. The Tigers have never recruited like the last 2 classes and that talent will rise to the top, plus few develop talent better than this coaching staff.
OL must improve, but last year's crop of OL recruits were outstanding. We'll see, but the future still looks bright.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:31 AM

If you think about it. Last year, OSU could have blown Clemson out as well. OSU drove the field and JK Dobbins dropped a TD pass, dropped a screen pass that would have led to a TD. Clemson was down 16 -0 , but it easily could have been 28-0 last year if OSU would have converted in the red zone.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:31 AM

If you think about it. Last year, OSU could have blown Clemson out as well. OSU drove the field and JK Dobbins dropped a TD pass, dropped a screen pass that would have led to a TD. Clemson was down 16 -0 , but it easily could have been 28-0 last year if OSU would have converted in the red zone.

Jan 3, 2021, 5:53 PM

Tough loss and the more complete team won this match up. Great season by this very young Clemson Team, a few things stood out in my mind leading up to this game that really showed up in the loss:

We have a really young O-Line that struggled during the regular season on short yardage situations. They will become strong, more cohesive over time! I really would like to see us position a short yardage back in the neighborhood of 230 lbs for these situations!

Secondary struggled all year being out of position. I'm not sure how much of that is discipline or play calling, haven't watched enough tape but IMO the communication was lacking in the secondary, can only get better! Kendrick seems out of it? Has been in the doghouse already.

Dabo isn't perfect and should have never created the stir around putting OSU at #11, doesn't serve anyone well esp. knowing there was a good chance we could play them

We have so much young talent on offense, not to mention J-Ross and Shipley joining us. Same thing on the defensive side, but we really need to work on our safety play/communication.

Thankful for the year and looking forward to the spring game!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic