Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,630

TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL

Jul 31, 2020, 9:01 PM

Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL

Former Clemson safety Jayron Kearse has been suspended three games by the NFL for violation of its substance abuse policy. Kearse signed a one-year deal worth $ Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL

Jul 31, 2020, 9:16 PM

They spend the biggest part of their young life to make a dream of playing in the NFL, and when they get there, they self inflict their own self with the substance that can end their dream, and all the torcherous hours and years they spent to get there was for not. Shame on them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 PM

It’s unfortunate, but reality is he got caught. I’d bet he was caught before as a teen, as a student, as a collegiate player, maybe not by an officer, parent, coach, or official, but he’s been caught before. Problem is, most substance abuse is taught/seen by a person that is trusted, and therefore not seen as such a big deal. The person learns to function, and sometimes even at high levels. But at the end of the day, it will come to light and all they have to do is face a 3 game suspension...in the beginning. Hopefully he won’t allow it to control him any longer.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL ]

It’s unfortunate, but reality is he got caught. I’d bet he was caught before as a teen, as a student, as a collegiate player, maybe not by an officer, parent, coach, or official, but he’s been caught before. Problem is, most substance abuse is taught/seen by a person that is trusted, and therefore not seen as such a big deal. The person learns to function, and sometimes even at high levels. But at the end of the day, it will come to light and all they have to do is face a 3 game suspension...in the beginning. Hopefully he won’t allow it to control him any longer.

It's probably just marijuana

Jul 31, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL ]

NFL doctors are feeding injured players opioids all season long. Way, way more dangerous.

Re: It's probably just marijuana

Aug 1, 2020, 1:34 AM

Amazing how people are still brainwashed about weed. Lots of experience with alcohol too, weed is far less toxic.

Jul 31, 2020, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB suspended three games by NFL ]

I love it when they are suspended for being stupid!!

Jul 31, 2020, 10:54 PM

If weed is now legal in the NFL, what substance is Kearse dabbling in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed that

Jul 31, 2020, 11:12 PM

maybe cocaine? It's not strictly illegal, but I think the only legal uses are in a hospital.

it's the DWI guys, it's part of the NFL's substance

Aug 1, 2020, 1:13 AM

abuse policy and 3 games is the punishment. It's nothing new, it's been public knowledge since the day of his arrest. They are only allowed to cite the policy. Now JK could probably talk about it if he wanted but why would he.

It shows money & education cannot fix stupid

Aug 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

I don’t get it. There was a time when I played. I was a boy. When I became a man, the playing went away. I realized that this world doesn’t reward habitual marijuana use and walked away for good. Especially with millions of dollars on the line, how can you justify even being in a room it is being used in?!
During physician training, I was part of a marijuana research group. Marijuana can be pretty harmless for someone over 25. Someone under 25; the implications are pretty grave. Stunted mental growth, psychological and physiological changes that can impair the way your brain works forever. The science is solid, the research is out there. Yet, state after state pushes marijuana as a recreational drug. That said, there are some great benefits to THC. But, you must have certain conditions before those advantages help a person. Marijuana is not a typical gateway drug. Once the mind has fully developed, there’s not a ton of harm it can do. But, before that, beware! If you don’t believe me, use google scholar to locate peer reviewed academic journals that are considered the golden standard in the medical community and learn about the dangers yourself.
Hopefully, this isn’t a repeat of Mr Bryant. Surely, losing a large amount of salary will wake him up. SMDH!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 11:10 PM

I still haven’t forgiven him for his god awful ply in the national championship game. Homie made OJ Howard look like Rob Gronkowski and tong Gonzalez’s love child

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,630
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic