Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Paw- It just dawned on me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,345

The Paw- It just dawned on me

Jan 1, 2021, 9:14 AM

I saw my first Clemson game in person where the paw was first on the helmet and have followed us since then. I had never seen us in person till 1970 Citadel vs Clemson. Been to a bunch of games all over the country since then. Always following that Paw

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Paw- It just dawned on me

Jan 1, 2021, 9:21 AM

I still can’t get over that helmet we wore to one of the 2000’s UGA game. The blue helmet with the big orange duck tape X still gives me nightmares!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 9:33 AM

Throwback but not a good one

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: The Paw- It just dawned on me ]

That was 1995 I believe. The game Kicked at some odd ball time too because the numbers in the start time represented some anniversary of Clemson football. It was a stretch and very bazaar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first college football game I ever saw live, was my

Jan 1, 2021, 9:50 AM

freshman year of 1972, Clemson vs The Citadel. We won 13-0, but only because El Cid's receiving corps had Roberto Duran "Hands of Stone". Citadel's QB was named Harry Lynch, and he kept hitting those guys in those stone hands all day, but the football kept bouncing off them. :)

I said to myself after that game, "Self, I don't think we are going to be very good this year."

Unfortunately, I was not only proven right that year, but for several years to follow. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 10:24 AM

Same for me. I started Clemson in August 1970

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,345
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic