Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sounds like Swofford is insisting that we go back to Tally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Sounds like Swofford is insisting that we go back to Tally

Dec 1, 2020, 11:53 AM

Dabo says he's spoken his mind, but he expects to have to play two more ACC games before ACCCG.

What else could that mean?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They could make us do a substitute game. I hope not.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

For the good of the conference, making us play an extra game due to FSU's wussiness only hurts the ACC's chances for an Asterisk Natty. Keep us fresh and healthy so we destroy VT and ND, then are in good shape for the Asterisk CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like Swofford is insisting that we go back to Tally

Dec 1, 2020, 11:59 AM

1) Sounds like FSU is done for this season and doesn't want to play anyone, much less us.

2) If they do try to make us play, just tell them one of our walk-ons tested positive. That will have FSU backpeddling in a hurry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ooooh! Good idea, whoever they try to make us play.***

Dec 1, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - report the same number of positives that

Dec 1, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds like Swofford is insisting that we go back to Tally ]

justified FSU's reason for postponement and see what they can make of that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:01 PM

Having to play 2 more ACC games does not necessarily mean we have to play forfeit state univ.

Sounds like Duke is an option too, although

Dec 1, 2020, 12:11 PM

Outside of TV obligations, no clue why we would bother.

LL Cool J comes to mind..........

Dec 1, 2020, 12:15 PM

Going back to Tally, to Tally, to Tally
Going back to Tally, I DON'T THINK SO.............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:16 PM

Swofford has about as much power/clout as does the NCAA,IMO.I 'd like to see what he throws at us to make us go play.

The most prudent course of action...

Dec 1, 2020, 12:17 PM

would be for Clemson to keep its 12/12 open date and then cancel Notre Dame's 12/12 game at Wake.

It's the safest course of action and makes the most sense which is EXACTLY WHY the ACC won't do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The most prudent course of action...

Dec 1, 2020, 12:34 PM

BigCUFan® said:

would be for Clemson to keep its 12/12 open date and then cancel Notre Dame's 12/12 game at Wake.

It's the safest course of action and makes the most sense which is EXACTLY WHY the ACC won't do it.

My immediate response to reading this was: "surely you don't think the ACC commissioners office is that stupid do you"?

I quickly decided not to send and answered my own question! You are 100% correct.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to The most prudent course of action... ]

Have you given any though to if N D cancels their playing the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP game, what
would happen to Clemson? Think about it!!!! give us your thoughts

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 1, 2020, 12:46 PM

opt® said:

Have you given any though to if N D cancels their playing the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP game, what
would happen to Clemson? Think about it!!!! give us your thoughts

Clemson wins in a no contest forfeit 2-0 and goes on to the playoffs assuming we handle business against everybody else.

I see where you are going - but - that would be an acceptable answer in anybody's eyes. Even Clemson haters!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:49 PM

Swoffie wants to give the ACC Championship to ND so bad, he would never make them forfeit. He’s already said he’d award the trophy even if the game “can’t be played” for any reason. He’s telling them to balk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't think the league would ever let that happen.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The most prudent course of action... ]

The ACC has gone out of its way to kiss Notre Dame's a$$ at every possible opportunity.

I don't see that changing now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

THEY SHOULD CANCEL!........

Dec 1, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: The most prudent course of action... ]

if Ohio State can "theoretically" get in the CFP at 6/7 & 0, which the Committee has left that door open by not putting a "minimum" game limit on the season to be considered. There is ZERO need for Clemson, Notre Dame, Florida, or Bama to play another game this season. He!! we were 7-0 at one point during the season, if that's all it takes to "get in" then we all need to QUIT RIGHT NOW!

Bama, Notre Dame, Clemson, & Florida has NOTHING else to prove the only losses amongst these teams are against Current top 5 teams.

If Ohio State gets in having to only play 4,5,6,7 games then the CFP this year is a JOKE.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to The most prudent course of action... ]

Duke is one of the worst run defenses in ACC. Dabo should offer Cutcliffe a future (non-DJ) backup QB to let Etienne run for 700 yards and 7 TDs.

Go Tigers!

Dec 1, 2020, 2:53 PM

Offer to play 2 hand touch on Chase and not treat him like yesterdays newspaper.

I'm OK with more Clemson football!

Dec 1, 2020, 12:21 PM

Let's go scalp some Seminoles! Or exorcise some Blue Devils.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We tried. FSU Forfeited.***

Dec 1, 2020, 2:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 1, 2020, 1:01 PM

Good idea with Duke. And yes, anything that makes logical sense, swoffie wouldn't do. Just concerns me going to tally with everything that's happened. No upside and you never know when a nutjob player goes off as in head hunting. Feel like I could trust Duke. Hate to feel that way. But seriously, why even take a chance?

Only reason I can see is Miami???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest problem with playing FSU is that they

Dec 1, 2020, 1:37 PM

will be hell bent for revenge. Perhaps they don't report a couple of positive cases or "keep those symptoms to yourself until after the game". Hell, maybe some targeting or twisting of knees. No way they win on the field but I see this game as fraught with danger for us. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Is Swofford going to foot the bill

Dec 1, 2020, 1:42 PM

for us to back to Tally? If we are forced to play them, FSU needs to travel north to God's country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Hope not....if so then our medical staff needs......

Dec 1, 2020, 2:11 PM

find a way out of it.

no need to play that game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic