Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tom Luginbill made a comment on Packer & Durham...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Tom Luginbill made a comment on Packer & Durham...

Dec 1, 2020, 9:28 AM

said he was watching all the great WR plays on Sat vs Pitt, then glanced over to the sidelines and saw Ross, Ngata & Ladson. I think he said - Wow. Just a nod to our WR depth...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Tom Luginbill made a comment on Packer & Durham...

Dec 1, 2020, 9:29 AM

3 NFL WRs watching our other NFL WRs feast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:36 AM

Before the season began I predicted that Powell would be the guy to step up in the absence of Ross. He has had a very good season thus far. Especially the last three games. Good appearance on the P &D show this morning.
The VPI game will give him a chance to really shine. I think Lawrence feels comfortable throwing the ball his way!

Dec 1, 2020, 10:11 AM

Before the season began I predicted that Powell would be the guy to step up in the absence of Ross. He has had a very good season thus far. Especially the last three games. Good appearance on the P &D show this morning.
The VPI game will give him a chance to really shine. I think Lawrence feels comfortable throwing the ball his way!

Its amazing you made that prediction given Powell had not done squat in his first four years in the program. Can you provide a link?

Dabo was raving about him in the spring - wasn't that hard

Dec 1, 2020, 10:25 AM

to figure out he was headed for a really good year with Ross out. Once the other guys got hurt, that just has amplified things. I don't think anyone could have predicted what he has done(not even the OP) but I would say the majority of those that follow the program closely and spring ball(prior to it being canceled) expected Powell to be used quite a bit this season. I was thinking 3rd down Jaron Brown type season but with the injuries he has had to do much more and has!!

Dec 1, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Tom Luginbill made a comment on Packer & Durham... ]

I have no idea how to find that post but I assure you, my friend, that I posted that or I would not have said so. I do remember in my post I stated that I had the opportunity to attend several football practices during the seasons and Powell had impressed me!

Dec 1, 2020, 12:55 PM

For some reason I remember you making that prediction. I’ll vouch-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly... all 3 of those guys on the sidelines were high 4-star/5-star

Dec 1, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Tom Luginbill made a comment on Packer & Durham... ]

and Top 10 national WR recruits. We know all about Ross, of course, and the other 2 are Sophs and have time to blossom...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add in EJ and Ajoe. Sick depth.***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, this year, it is more a nod to injuries. I cannot

Dec 1, 2020, 9:44 AM

EVER recall a year when our wide receiver corps was this plagued by injuries. Had it not been for the stellar play of Amari Rogers and Cornell Powell, we would be in sirius trouble there. Teams have already shown, as per Notre Dame, that our other main offensive weapon, ETN, can be neutralized, forcing us to pass to succeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, he made another comment... that players are only "opting

Dec 1, 2020, 9:55 AM

out" when things are going bad... no one is quitting mid-season if they're on a good team that's playing well. (In other words, they're only bailing when the going gets tough). And he said that if those players don't think it will factor into their evaluations at the next level... they're sadly mistaken. I did a fist pump and #### yeah in my den....

Dec 1, 2020, 10:02 AM

People were losing their minds about how bad our WR's were back when we had Ladson and Ngata earlier this season. It was ridiculous.

What specifically was ridiculous about it? They weren't

Dec 1, 2020, 11:37 AM

remotely productive...Frank dropped half the passes that hit his hands and Joe couldn't stay on the field...Cornell has stepped up given their reps, fortunately for us

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good rebuttal

Dec 1, 2020, 12:22 PM

####### coward

Re: good rebuttal

Dec 1, 2020, 2:09 PM

TD for personal attack. Sorry I don't live on Tnet so I couldn't answer your post immediately. The WR production was not an issue. People just didn't like who the production was coming from. Yeah Ladson had some drops but if you look at the WR's as a whole they did well.

I was replying to the coward that TDed my original post

Dec 2, 2020, 12:05 PM

without an explanation, not you

Dec 1, 2020, 10:04 AM

The rest of his comments were that our offensive production did not suffer one iota from having our “backups” in the game and speculating would that be the case with Bama, OSU or ND. His answer was “probably not”

Dec 1, 2020, 12:50 PM

I love Loogs, he’s one broadcaster that is totally down to earth and a cool guy, probably cause he grew up a coach’s son and he coached. I remember the year he started for Tech back in the 90s. I would love beer & BBQ with Packer, Durham, Loogs, & Herbstreit.

Dec 1, 2020, 4:46 PM

hahahaha I cannot stand the pretentious prick... I listen to him on Sunday SIRIUS college show to get a recap of the Saturday games and he makes me ill... you would think he coached a national championship program or something... maybe just me...

Message was edited by: JPF16®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is amazing the run we are on right now. Never thought it

Dec 2, 2020, 12:44 PM

would happen but it has. Now when we recruit a 4-5*, we have a great shot, not just from around here, but all over the USA!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic