Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Va has a tough nut & smart coach who has recruited same type players..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 925

Va has a tough nut & smart coach who has recruited same type players..

Oct 4, 2020, 10:43 AM

from the line to QB to tall 6’7 receivers along with some good speed too.

That team said it realized last year in the ACCCG that Clemson was a pro-like team and they needed to upgrade their entire mentality..

and thus they had spent last 9 months getting their program & team better all across the board..and it showed last night since they were much better..with tackling, speed, passing, receiving, etc.

Nothing to be ashamed about with a 41-23 win over what turned out to be a solid team who will help Tigers for next team who’s even better.

Go TiGERS..beat Miami!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Va has a tough nut & smart coach who has recruited same type players..

Oct 4, 2020, 10:58 AM

Agree. Mendenhall is a good coach and he's got himself a tough, gritty QB and some BIG WR's. I thought our offense looked very good. Trevor was very sharp and Amari was ridiculous. Travis ran well. The defense didn't look so tough especially on run D and containing the Virginia QB although Armstrong is a good player. Venables has a lot to correct and I feel he will. Ian Book at ND will present a similar challenge, so get the D tuned up and we'll be in good shape. At this point, I would agree that Bama looks better across the board.It's early. Beat the Canes!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 11:08 AM

Our defense is full of very young players that are getting better every week. I believe by the end of the season we will be much better than Alabama. Our talent and depth is very good on Defense.

Our Offensive line scares from if we had 3 linemen go down we would be in a tough place.

As long as we keep improving and wining we should be some happy happy fans. Dabo has proven he prepares his teams and peaks them at the right time.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Virginia win 8-9 games this season. They where exactly what we needed to grow and challenge this team.

We got us a lockdown Corner last night full of confidence. I knew Coming out Booth would change into Superman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2020, 11:00 AM

Was at the game and am not making excuses because our defense definitely didn’t play up to standard. But their QB is very good and their o line played well. I think they deserve a lot of credit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their QB is really good at dropping back and then running

Oct 4, 2020, 11:12 AM

which we struggled all night to contain. Outside of a handful of throws he made on their last drive of the 1st half and their first drive or two of the 2nd half, he was pretty bad throwing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic