Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vaccination appointment process is a joke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Vaccination appointment process is a joke

Jan 17, 2021, 9:51 PM

Just spent 2 1/2 hours online and off after an e-mail came in saying I could schedule a time for my shot after signing up 4 days ago. After filling out a form with many questions, I was told I would receive a code in a second e-mail to enter so I could complete a VAMS eligibility form. Well - the code was never sent and they would not send a second code for at least one hour. After waiting over an hour I went back in and finally got a code that flashed on my screen so fast I entered it incorrectly and had to wait a few minutes for another one. Finally got approved to schedule an appointment and did a search for all sites within 50 miles and the closest one had no available openings for over a month so I moved on to another site, had no trouble getting an appointment for this Friday, received an e-mail and barcode from CDC that would allow me to enter the site, and a few seconds later got another e-mail from CDC saying they had received my request to cancel the appointment. (I am sure my neighbors heard me yelling). Went back into the system and was surprised to find out that re-scheduling at the same site took only a minute or two. I probably will become the first recipient to die from the shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meanwhile dhec held a double secret mass vaccination

Jan 17, 2021, 9:55 PM

event at the fair grounds but never advertised it..aka their friends and what not got to get a vaccine..

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article248543755.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: meanwhile dhec held a double secret mass vaccination

Jan 18, 2021, 3:25 PM

Yep, ridiculous. Finally got my appointment this morning, 50 miles away, February 19 an entire month away and to top it off my shot is the day After my husband's so 2 trips.
That enrollment process is ridiculous with setting up passwords and confirmation codes sent to your email.
Please help your elderly relatives, not easy!

Re: Vaccination appointment process is a joke

Jan 17, 2021, 9:56 PM

And now a new group of politicians is going to step in and help. Has cluster fun written all over it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 9:59 PM

Sounds like you may become the 1st to die of a heart attack from the stress of trying to sign up! They should have privatized the shots with Walgreens , CVS, and local pharmacies.

This reminds me of several personal experiences with Charter Spectrum.

Close to it and I won't be surprised if

Jan 17, 2021, 10:01 PM

I show up for my appointment and find out the folks in Columbia without appointments used up all the doses.

Jan 17, 2021, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Vaccination appointment process is a joke ]

I still think we should've put Chick Fil A in charge. They'd vaccinate 2 lines simultaneously, never get frazzled, and probably give everyone a card for a birthday cookie while they were at it.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Vaccination appointment process is a joke ]

Who is this they you speak of?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is something afoul with this whole process

Jan 17, 2021, 10:06 PM

Someone is lying. Either the Feds, CDC, SCHEC...maybe/probably all of them.

Re: There is something afoul with this whole process

Jan 17, 2021, 10:09 PM

I think you have underestimated the governments ability to screw something up. It often times looks like corruption when it actually is just incompetence .

Yet they want to actually run more things in your life in the future

Jan 18, 2021, 12:30 AM

I will pick door number three, Monty.

Corruption and incompetence!!

Jan 18, 2021, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: There is something afoul with this whole process ]

I believe the old saying goes “Don’t attribute to malice what could adequately be explained by stupidity”

Jan 17, 2021, 10:08 PM

The federal gov does 2 things very well. Military and collecting taxes. Nothing else is worth a d&&$.
But for those people that keep voting for those that promise the gov is going to fix everything, you will get what you asked for.

Don't worry - once the Government completely takes over the

Jan 17, 2021, 10:19 PM

the rest of our healthcare system everything will work perfectly....until you actually need medical attention.

I understand the difficulties with the Pfizer vaccine (cool storage requirements) but the Moderna one is supposed to be a lot less logistics intensive. My in-laws got the Moderna shot last week - no negative side effects other than some soreness from where they got stuck with the needle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't worry - once the Government completely takes over the

Jan 17, 2021, 10:29 PM

and then once you get one shot you have to get another of the same vaccine in a couple months. I cant wait to see them "manage" this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 12:22 AM

3 weeks for 1 and 4 for the other

Jan 18, 2021, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't worry - once the Government completely takes over the ]

Exactly. Good luck to those at the double secret event finding another secret one for the second dose.

Right. This whole thing just looks like a cluster.

Jan 18, 2021, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't worry - once the Government completely takes over the ]

And we’re also assuming the vaccine is even effective. Just wait til we start hearing stories of vaccinated people getting Covid.

My mind boggles every time I hear someone say we’re almost done with the virus, because there’s a vaccine now.
I hope they are right...but I’m not buying it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right. This whole thing just looks like a cluster.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:24 AM

If you over 65 and/or have 2 or more comorbidities get the shot. If you don’t run like hell. Shots were never tested on animals, no one knows there long term health effects, the shot, if effective is only good for a year. No one knows if it is effective on the other 50 mutations that have developed. Best thing you can do is stay/get healthy, wash your hands (mask don’t work), take vitamin D and eat a well rounded healthy diet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right. This whole thing just looks like a cluster.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:27 AM

Thanks for the free medical advice. Can I get your license number? Just in case their are any issues and I need a man insurance company to sue.

You seem to be a bit misinformed

Jan 18, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Right. This whole thing just looks like a cluster. ]

All vaccines were tested on animals, they have to be to get approval. They were allowed to do phase 1 testing on humans while completing the tests on animals. This was done to save time, nothing was skipped they were just done simultaneously.

Long term health risks from vaccines are extremely rare. Side effects show up quickly. There is no way to know how long the effectiveness of vaccines last. Phase 2 recipients were only vaccinated about 7 or 8 months ago at best. We will find out how long it lasts.

So far there is no indication that the vaccines will not be effective with any of the mutations. Covid Sars 2 mutates slower than most viruses. Time will tell. Flu vaccines are often ineffective because of different stains. If you are worried about a vaccines effectiveness, it will always be more effective than not being vaccinated.

I'll be sure an tell my wife that masks don't work while she is treating covid patients. Heck she has been wearing masks her whole career, but the N95s are really rough to wear all day long.

Anything you do to reduce risk, reduces risk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to several websites and the smaller

Jan 18, 2021, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't worry - once the Government completely takes over the ]

the site was, the simpler their system was. One small hospital reported that their weekly shipment for 2nd shots was guaranteed but they had to request amounts for 1st shots based on the number of people who had asked to be scheduled and then wait to see how many they would actually be allotted before they could schedule those first timers. So I guess the sites with big numbers for the first dose will continue to get more and the smaller places will have to stay small until supplies are greater.

Message was edited by: clover65®

Jan 17, 2021, 11:34 PM

Clover, check your Tmail!

Jan 18, 2021, 12:16 AM

T called the DHEC number to get what I thought was an appointment to receive our vaccination. They put me on hold for 2 Hrs. and 20 min. My wife and I took turns holding the phone. Someone finally answered and I said we needed appointment dates to receive the vaccine. She said they didn't do that and gave me a web site to go to. 2 Hrs. and 20 mins. to hear this. After telling her what I thought of their system, I hung up. DHEC dropped the ball badly on this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 6:17 AM

welcome to the beginning of socialize medicine and government control of health care! As a Trump Republican supporter, I will be labeled a domestic terrorist and will not be allowed any vaccine or even any health care.

They are practicing rationing

Jan 18, 2021, 6:37 AM

to ensure that those who deserve to be vaccinated first get vaccinated first. It might make sense now but fast forward 10 or 20 years and see if you agree who gets healthcare first.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Vaccination appointment process is a joke ]

You might’ve missed it but socialized health has been going on for almost a century, it’s called the VA.

Also being a trump supporter doesn’t mean you are a domestic terrorist, just means you are either gullible or too angry to think logically.

Storming the capital building with weapons and murdering a police officer makes you a domestic terrorist.

I registered all my family on the Ingles website

Jan 18, 2021, 6:34 AM

They said they would contact us when we’re eligible for the vaccine. My mom was contacted last Thursday for an appointment today. easy peezy

Jan 18, 2021, 7:25 AM

Beaufort is a joke, Charleston is doing a great job. This Charlie Foxtrot is what happens with underfunded public health and the states are left to fend for themselves. Wife (healthcare) got it Saturday, the process was smooth in Charleston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say ‘Hello’ to socialized healthcare

Jan 18, 2021, 8:02 AM

I’m with the government and I’m here to help you. . .

. . . but first, let’s vote on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Say ‘Hello’ to socialized healthcare

Jan 18, 2021, 9:19 AM

While I think Chick=Fil-A should be in charge of organization instead of the government,
I just heard a rumor that IPTAY and Tigernet subscriptions would get you ahead in the line.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Say ‘Hello’ to socialized healthcare

Jan 18, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Say ‘Hello’ to socialized healthcare ]

While I think Chick=Fil-A should be in charge of organization instead of the government,
I just heard a rumor that IPTAY and Tigernet subscriptions would get you ahead in the line.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 2:49 PM

The distribution is a cluster.

This vaccine thing is a political cluster!
Who gets it has become a political battle.

In SC medical people came on line first. As supplies don't yet meet demand, I see that as good. People required to work in public for the good of all should be protected so they can help us.
After those who wanted it got a chance, they added in old folks as we tend to die. The vaccine does not keep well so any not distributed spoils. We need the lines full.

The deal is that it is very hard to sign up. Supplies are low, and distribution is about half of even what is available.

There is a distribution network already in place, the yearly flu shots. Why did they not use that? It is about politics and $$$$. One guy said use Chick-fil-la as they could have it out in days and give you a free cookie. I agree.

To get in line in SC one must have their medical provider or ?? send an "OK" to CDC. Then after going there, one must sign up for another an account at VANS. Then you have to wait until you get a notice to "apply" for an appointment. It is a lot of hoops and hurdles, many steps. I am reading from friends where they get almost there and get cancelled, so must start over. Why is it so complicated?
For folks not "above average" computer literate, telephone wait is hours and few get through.

It is a cluster!!
A guy like me can do it, but many, many are not able to do this.

New billionaires will be made off this. Billions will also be funneled back to politicians.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic