Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles?

Jul 10, 2020, 9:02 PM

If masks are helpful, goggles are helpful. Be consistent.. if you don't want to contract cv to protect yourself and your family members, wear goggles. Be consistent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wal-Mart has HazMat suits on sale for $83.99***

Jul 10, 2020, 9:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles?

Jul 10, 2020, 9:07 PM

Because I already wear Prescription Glasses..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 9:39 PM

With a gap so wide on the sides you can drive a truck thru it.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:57 PM

It’s ok to put the meth pipe down once in awhile.

^ HEY!

Jul 10, 2020, 10:07 PM

Don’t go for my Rum!

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ HEY!

Jul 10, 2020, 10:13 PM

Hey LBB, maybe they should have an IQ test to be able to post !! How are things at HH ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lbb, just noticed the Ring of Honor honor. Congrats.

Jul 11, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to ^ HEY! ]

Couldn't happen to a better feller.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

"How can the coronavirus affect your eyes?

Coronavirus can spread through the eyes, just as it does through the mouth or nose."

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/coronavirus-covid19-eye-infection-pinkeye

Jul 10, 2020, 10:21 PM

The media has not told them too, Yet .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 10:46 AM

Hey dipshot it's not the media that told us to wear masks, it was the Trump administration's medical team. It amazes me that the Trumpsters on this board support politicizing the wearing of masks when virtually every medical organization the the world urges people to wear them. Even though the stable genius has been wrong 100% of the times he has spoken about the pandemic, some fools still listen to him.

Jul 11, 2020, 12:20 PM

How is it Trump’s Medical Team? Mao Tse Fauci and the Scarf Queen have been around since the 1960’s and 1970’s respectively. They are both Deeply Embedded Bureaucrats who have been badly wrong in the information they spew to the Public.

Jul 11, 2020, 12:32 PM

And those are the people Trumps listened to through all of this. They say he's done everything they've asked. Yet it's still all Trumps fault. Not these lifetime bureaucrats who have literally one thing to stay on top of and they've been proven to be wrong (if not blatantly dishonest) over and over again. Yet you never hear the media say anything negative about either of them. Its all on Trump. Wonder why thst is?

Was Mike Pence not in charge of this task force?

Jul 11, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

Could have swore I heard Trump say so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

How have they been wrong. Did they say it there were only 15 cases and soon would be zero? Did they say that warm weather would make it disappear? Did they say we had it under control? Did they say to ingest bleach or lysol? Did they mock others for wearing a mask? Did they say it was like the sniffles and 99% of the people who get it would be unaffected? And did they say another 15 or 20 things about it that were wrong and made them look stupid as ####? No that was Potus who said all of those things and sat on his A55 for 2 months and did nothing while the virus spread all over the country. This pandemic was the first test that POTUS and the country under him faced and he and we flunked it badly so that now, thanks to all of the mouth breathing, non-mask wearing morons, we will not have football. Thanks a lot!

Jul 11, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

abaco boat said:

Hey dipshot it's not the media that told us to wear masks, it was the Trump administration's medical team. It amazes me that the Trumpsters on this board support politicizing the wearing of masks when virtually every medical organization the the world urges people to wear them. Even though the stable genius has been wrong 100% of the times he has spoken about the pandemic, some fools still listen to him.

Because Trumpsters are losers and they want us all to lose. It's because of these idiots, we can't open the economy and likely won't have football season. Look where the worst outbreaks are? Mostly Trump country. Until the virus is controlled, we're all screwed and those aszzholes get what you deserve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh God, what an idiot...TIL NY and NJ are Trump country, as

Jul 11, 2020, 12:50 PM

is California...Way to do the math guy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh God, what an idiot...TIL NY and NJ are Trump country, as

Jul 11, 2020, 1:06 PM

Learn to read dimwit. I said: " Mostly Trump country." New York and New Jersey have cases controlled, today, 6 months into the Pandemic, most all the other breakout states were carried by Trump in 2016. Now, wear a mask idiot and look out for yourself and others.

I wear a mask shi1thead so you can fuuuuck right on off with

Jul 11, 2020, 1:16 PM

your politicized bulllshit..."I said most"...what a coward, you said it, now stand by it...Did you see anybody trying to blame Trump when the blue states got it first?

NY and NJ still have far and away the most deaths azzhat.***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh God, what an idiot...TIL NY and NJ are Trump country, as ]

Must be the high concentration of "Trumpsters" right Felix?

Jul 11, 2020, 2:53 PM

Riiiiiiiiight

Jul 12, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh God, what an idiot...TIL NY and NJ are Trump country, as ]

Deaths per 100K people: South Carolina 18.3, Illinois 57.6, Michigan 62.9, New York 78.4, New Jersey 173.8.

I sure as heck hope New Jersey is having a decrease. Maybe when you give trophies to everybody, you don't understand that the Most Improved very rarely gets the MVP award.

Jul 12, 2020, 9:06 AM

The 7 day average death tally has increased from 558 to 774 in the last couple of weeks. Some states are holding steady, but the national increase is led by California, Texas, NJ, SC, Arizona and Illinois.

Goggles might be a good idea unless you feel good about killing your Mom, Grandmother and many of their friends. I mean you parents are older, they gotta die sooner or later, so f'em. Wearing a mask is just stupid, right? And besides, until you Momma actually dies, it's pretty easy to say the numbers are cooked, it's just the flu and a scam cooked up by the media to get Trump out of office.

Just a guess but I bet relatively few of the folks running around without a mask have any doctors in their immediate family.

I want to open up the economy. We have to open the economy. But we could open it up and save thousands of lives if so many bull headed people were not a holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 10:55 AM

I'm not sure that this was directed at me but I will respond since it was a reply to my sub-post. The increases are in comparison to previous figures in those states. Many, particularly Texas and California, reflect how well the state had done previously.

As far as my relatives, I have not seen my mother in person since Christmas because she is high risk. I am rarely anywhere where there may be someone high-risk and when I am a generally am wearing a mask, though I believe the effectiveness to be highly overstated. I'm not saying that they do not do some good, but I believe that screening people with infrared thermometers and requiring hand sanitizer when entering stores would be more effective.

Do I believe that this is some plot to unseat Trump? No, but I do believe that the media benefits from dramatizing storylines. I believe that nearly all news outlets do this, and that the majority are not fans of Trump.

Finally, yes I agree that we need to open the economy. The relevant figure is not the increase in cases or even the number of deaths. The relevant number is how many death we would have opening up the economy versus how many there would be keeping it closed. In there, we also should attempt to figure in how many deaths are a result of the economy being closed. That figure may not match the increase in deaths for opening up but there are enough to be a consideration.

People will feel differently about what is acceptable, but I think that it is unrealistic to consider that 0. At some point we need to admit some people will succumb to the coronavirus if we ease restrictions. As long as we try to minimize those deaths, I see nothing wrong with accepting them.

Jul 11, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

Lol the ole Key board warrior weak and puny run in the family ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice pulse, bro.***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

Jul 10, 2020, 10:47 PM

If we are going to hash this all up again, let’s at least try to get the basics right. Masks do not protect the wearer, they protect the people around the wearer. This is why when people aren’t willing to wear masks In public places, it not only makes them look uneducated, but also inconsiderate.

That being said, unless you spray saliva and mucus out of your tear ducts, glasses probably aren’t going to help anyone.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:51 PM

Masks most certainly protect the wearer. This kind of patently false virtue signaling may very well be why so many seem disdainful of wearing masks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jul 10, 2020, 11:13 PM

Don’t think you know what patently means. The best way to protect yourself is to wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face (basically impossible), the best way to protect those you are in contact with is to give them personal space and wear a mask. Pretty thoroughly documented and all easily available to read at the CDC’s website.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html

Jul 10, 2020, 11:58 PM

You state without any qualification that “ Masks do not protect the wearer.” This is false and nothing you posted refutes that. Since you like links: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2020/06/masks-may-protect-the-wearer-from-the-coronavirus-more-than-originally-thought-new-research-suggests.html%3foutputType=amp

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jul 11, 2020, 12:51 AM

I don’t even know why we are arguing, we both agree that people should wear masks. Whether for yourself or for others. If there are new studies coming out they say it also offers more protection for the wearer than past studies estimated, even better. Probably need more than one study before I have much faith in being the only person in the room with a mask, but it would be nice if it’s true.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:19 PM

Mr. TD,

Do you really still not understand that masks are worn to protect others from the mask-wearers germs ?? How many thousands of times have you missed that info ??

Jul 11, 2020, 12:11 AM

The unproven theory of porous cloth mask wearing is that it protects both you and those around you from transmission both in and out.. If mask wearing indeed protects you, a chief benefit of which is that you would not later infect those you live with at home through talking and touch and such, why not also wear goggles to protect transmission in through your tear ducts.. Be consistent. Don't stop short.

U so smart***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 11, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Why don't you mask wearers wear goggles? ]

Surely you are trolling, because I can't imagine anyone truly not understanding this, but here it goes:

CV is spread through droplets and aerosol, both of which leave your mouth via sneezing, coughing, breathing and speech. When the particles leave your mouth on a given trajectory, they have some amount of momentum and therefore continue to travel until they finally fall to the ground under the force of their weight. A mask disrupts the trajectory of many or possibly most of the particles and reduces their momentum thereby reducing the distance they travel before they fall to the ground. Guess what? If they don't travel as far, they have less opportunity to be inhaled by others. 100% effective? No. Reduce probability? Yes.

U so tough***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 11, 2020, 6:20 AM

We wear masks to hopefully not get other sick. Our eyes won't potentially make others sick, genius.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:03 AM

I wear a diving mask mostly and I breath through a snorkel that is packed with Lysol disinfectant wipes, but only in crowded stores.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 8:05 AM

There is absolutely no proof that Lysol packed in snorkels works. None. Zilch. Try again.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:13 AM

it gets you high AF though

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there-in lies the problem with non-mask wearers.

Jul 11, 2020, 10:10 AM

Its just as much about protecting yourself as it is protecting others. Actually caring enough for other human beings to wear a mask to "protect" them for you. See, it's a social thing. We want to mitigate the spread as much as we can. And their recommendations are based on, "we need to do something, but how far should our recommendations push the American public's will to follow any of them. Masks are the obvious choice because it's socially accepted. Masks do help. Some. But it's better than nothing. So society now looks at non-mask wearers as self-centered enough that they don't care for others. Seuss was a genius. Read the Star-Bellied Sneech.

I think what we touch is as important. If not more so. So why aren't we mandated to wear gloves?

Everyone, please stop watching the "news". it's all sensationalized journalism design to milk dollars from drug companies. And in the end, us. I stopped watching all of it 10 weeks ago. I feel much better for it mentally and physically. I would highly recommend we all stop.

You're welcome, because i just wasted ten minutes on the dang internet. I suppose i should buy something from BassPro Shops...

The mask doesn't protect you from others, it protects others

Jul 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

from your germs...It's a simple concept really, but I'm not surprised a #### like yourself can't grasp it

Re: The mask doesn't protect you from others, it protects others

Jul 11, 2020, 1:53 PM

The little blue ones or homemade cloth ones are simply protecting the other person both versions of the 95 mask are designed to protect both

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic