Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why have NBA ratings dropped over 30
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Why have NBA ratings dropped over 30

Aug 5, 2020, 4:09 PM

percent? I thought with a captive audience, they were expecting record viewership.

Wonder what may have led to this drop? Any thoughts?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I'll take a wild swing at this one:

Aug 5, 2020, 4:12 PM

The nba sucks ? ? ?

I'm pretty certain I got it . . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I'll take a wild swing at this one:

Aug 5, 2020, 4:21 PM

I concur.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it sucks sooo much more

Aug 5, 2020, 8:07 PM

than it did 5 months ago?

C'mon...be smarter than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They loaf and complain too much for me.

Aug 5, 2020, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I'll take a wild swing at this one: ]

Sitting games out... bunch of pansies

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why have NBA ratings dropped over 30

Aug 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

Hard to watch the NBA and "peacefully protest" at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

The protests are “mostly peaceful” protests. Mostly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Who?***

Aug 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who?***

Aug 5, 2020, 4:20 PM

That’s what I say, who? NBA is not allowed in my house. My son in law has the same rule. I watched some hockey last night. I don’t have a dang clue about the sport but I plan to learn because they seem to be the only pro sport left worth respecting.

Aug 5, 2020, 7:03 PM

Guess you didn't see the the hockey player kneel for our national anthem while two black hockey players stood with their hands on his shoulder. He then stood for the Canadian national anthem. I say screw all pro sports.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2020, 8:47 PM

You’re right I did not see that. Ok screw hockey too.

Wow stood for the canuk anthem though.

Aug 5, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Who?*** ]

Canada hates us huh? Guess they don’t need the protection of our military anymore.

We could conquer that whole country in a week and a half.

Re: Why have NBA ratings dropped over 30- why does anyone

Aug 5, 2020, 4:23 PM

care? I certainly dont.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, who wants to see the best players play anyway?***

Aug 5, 2020, 4:25 PM

Re: Yeah, who wants to see the best players play anyway?***

Aug 5, 2020, 4:42 PM

The worlds greatest shuffleboard players could be on tv but nobody wants to watch that.

What channel?***

Aug 5, 2020, 6:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Do you regularly watch lower levels of shuffleboard? Because

Aug 6, 2020, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, who wants to see the best players play anyway?*** ]

plenty of people here follow sports up to the collegiate level and then brag about not watching the best players play at their peak, apparently, you're one of them.

I would imagine playing games at 1pm on a Wednesday

Aug 5, 2020, 4:24 PM

plays a part of it

I haven’t stopped watching this year

Aug 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

I stopped over a decade ago.

I can't stop watching...

Aug 5, 2020, 5:38 PM

when I never started watching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't stop watching...

Aug 5, 2020, 5:45 PM

They knew it was coming. They advertised heavily for the upcoming games. All professional sports commissioners are spineless creatures who dance to the tune that is most popular. They have no gonads and apparently never have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my fault. I stopped watching years ago****

Aug 5, 2020, 6:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The N B what?***

Aug 5, 2020, 6:44 PM

I seldom watched it before, but all this political activism

Aug 5, 2020, 6:54 PM

turned that seldom into a firm NEVER.

Aug 5, 2020, 7:16 PM

For me, it’s that they have BLack Lives Matter printed on the court in Orlando and every single player has a social justice jersey on. Doesn’t matter if they’re black white european whatever, they ALL are wearing the justice jerseys.

If they want to give players the option to wear it, fine, but you can’t make me believe every player genuinely wants to wear that. Cramming their agenda down our throat doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies.

It was optional

Aug 5, 2020, 8:14 PM

They were given a list of league approved messages they could choose from to wear.

LOL @ "approved free speech."***

Aug 6, 2020, 7:10 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bugs me when i get downvoted for posting info that contains

Aug 7, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to It was optional ]

no opinion. It shouldn't, but it does.

Aug 5, 2020, 7:51 PM

OK, OK...I get why some of yall hate the NBA. But I happen to I it. If you are sport's 'guy' (or girl), the NBA is awesome as the NBA has some of the best athletes in the world, if not THE best.

What I see is the product, and this is something that may happen to all sports.

The production value has dropped precipitously. The place they place is as dark as where the Coots used to play basketball. Looks dead on TV. There is not crowd noise, no "D-fense" chants, etc. Just dead. Kinda like going down to the Y and waiting for "next".

wondering if CFB can do a little better.

Aug 5, 2020, 9:34 PM

That along with a lot of the games being played in the afternoon on workdays and the games taking place 2 months after the season is normally over.

Aug 5, 2020, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Why have NBA ratings dropped over 30 ]

They play defense in the NBA? Who knew?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's why I have lost interest ...

Aug 5, 2020, 7:58 PM

1. The rules of the game are abitrary and optional. I'm not just talking about the game naturally evolving, I'm talking about a conscious decision to ignore certain rules, as if they did not exist. The result is an uglier, harder to watch game that rewards and promotes individualism and raw athleticism over skill, hard work, and teamwork.

2. The socio-political stuff is sickening, and pretty much squelches any interest I may have had otherwise.

3. Also, the stars that dominate the game, for the most part, seem to be egotistical aceholes to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Very nicely summed up.***

Aug 5, 2020, 8:11 PM

Aug 5, 2020, 8:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2020, 9:19 PM

I would say maybe because MLS, MLB, and UFC are often going on at the same time. Also with so many people streaming TV shows now a days they do not watch sports as much because they have other options.

Aug 5, 2020, 9:35 PM

Can you provide a source that shows the NBA ratings are down 30% since earlier this year?

Aug 5, 2020, 9:47 PM

I have read 12-16% but somewhere I seen something about 26% but not sure what it was saying it was down from. Idk if they are comparing these numbers to mid year games last year or what.

Aug 5, 2020, 10:00 PM

A Google search brings that mid-teens number as well with a lot of qualifiers. Here is SI:

https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/nba-tv-ratings-basketball-espn-tnt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 1:04 AM

How are the golf ratings going??? And the MLB ratings going in comparison??? Just asking for a friend!!!

I see more people in the stands during MLB games.***

Aug 7, 2020, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 1:09 AM

maybe, but bet the ratings in China are awesome

Aug 6, 2020, 7:21 AM

Love him or hate him, look up Clay Travis' most recent video. He discusses how the PGA is setting records for viewership ratings and 'dunking on' the NBA and MLB. Why? Because they have left politics out of their sport for the most part. They play sports to entertain the fans. That's it. That's all you gotta do.

Aug 7, 2020, 9:56 AM

Because the games are nothing more than exhibition games. The product is weak. There are no fans and many players don't care. They don't play D. Look how high the scoring is. It's just not a good product right now. If they were playing at home and away with crowds the ratings would be through the roof.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic