Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty

Aug 23, 2020, 6:37 PM

reinforced a few things...

1. Joe Burrow was out of his mind accurate, he hit micro windows and his receivers went and got the ball... not always bad coverage. And he killed us with his feet... multiple times....

2. TL had his worst game in a very long time. He missed some wide open guys.

3. Losing Skalsky had a bigger impact than I originally thought.

4. We were still in it when they called T for the PI on the touchdown... marginal call at best but that completely changed the end of the game.

Not our night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, yep, yep,

Aug 23, 2020, 6:40 PM

and yep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty

Aug 23, 2020, 6:48 PM

I agree. We had multiple chances in the 1st and 3rd quarters to make something happen. Our defense had multiple 3 and outs during those spans and either situational playcalling was in question or TL just flat out missed throws.... Can't expect any defense to continue to get 3 and outs. After we cut it to 3 in the 3rd, shouldve been heavy run to bleed clock since TL was obviously off, keep them on the sideline to create pressure, then run playaction to allow better success for completions

Aug 23, 2020, 6:49 PM

I agree. We had multiple chances in the 1st and 3rd quarters to make something happen. Our defense had multiple 3 and outs during those spans and either situational playcalling was in question or TL just flat out missed throws.... Can't expect any defense to continue to get 3 and outs. After we cut it to 3 in the 3rd, shouldve been heavy run to bleed clock since TL was obviously off, keep them on the sideline to create pressure, then run playaction to allow better success for completions

Aug 23, 2020, 6:49 PM

Aug 23, 2020, 7:00 PM

You can say that again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 23, 2020, 7:01 PM

Mid point of the third quarter you can see just how physical the Ohio St game was. The Buckeyes beat us up pretty bad. We had nothing left in the tank after T was call for the PI on the TD. If LSU would have played the Buckeyes and we played the Sooners. Maybe the rolls would have be reversed in the Natty game. With that said. I still think the better team won.

This was more in play than a lot of people realize. The

Aug 24, 2020, 11:21 AM

OH St game took a LOT out of our team. It was as physical a game as I've seen us play in a while. We simply didn't have enough in the tank to play that way again against LSU.

Aug 24, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty ]

I agree, the defense looked tired in the 3rd and 4th quarter. The offense just could not answer for the first time in a long time.

There was 2 weeks between games, not buying that.

Aug 25, 2020, 5:09 AM [ in reply to Re: rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty ]

Just an off night from our receivers and TL. We had plenty of opportunities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burrow had a "Kellan Mond Day"

Aug 23, 2020, 7:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Burrow had a "Kellan Mond Day"

Aug 23, 2020, 7:08 PM

Well sort of, but Mond threw up prayers that got answered. Burrow threw balls to where the receivers hands were on the fly.

I get too mad. Can’t watch it anymore

Aug 23, 2020, 7:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too Frank***

Aug 24, 2020, 11:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 7:15 PM

i can not bring myself to watch that one again, have not, will not...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 11:01 AM

i can not bring myself to watch that one again, have not, will not...

Lol I still haven't watched playoff game against Alabama in 2017. and probably won't ever

Aug 23, 2020, 7:19 PM

WHY!

Aug 23, 2020, 7:35 PM

I was at the stadium that night. I felt that the Clemson defense kept us in the game. Think about that for a minute. A reworked Clemson defense without our war daddies played awesome until they were flat out worn out. I am cracking up at the OSU fans whining about how their once in a life time team will not get a chance to win it all this season. What their fans do not realize is what Trevor is about to unleash this season. Sit back and enjoy the ride as we win number four. Spot the dang ball.

Aug 23, 2020, 7:42 PM

I still always wonder if us practicing in a hotel ballroom had any effect. Dont get me wrong, lsu had amazing team and earned every bit, but offense had so much trouble getting any kind of rhythm

Aug 23, 2020, 7:51 PM

I give credit to the LSU defense. Their unit was solid.

Aug 23, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty ]

I still always wonder if us practicing in a hotel ballroom had any effect. Dont get me wrong, lsu had amazing team and earned every bit, but offense had so much trouble getting any kind of rhythm

I’m not convinced practice in the ballroom had any impact on Coach Elliott’s play calling in the second half. He just didn’t have his pulse on what could work vs what wasn’t getting it done.

Aug 23, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: rewatched LSU-Clemson Natty ]

I’m not convinced practice in the ballroom had any impact on Coach Elliott’s play calling in the second half. He just didn’t have his pulse on what could work vs what wasn’t getting it done.

Aug 23, 2020, 8:09 PM

I agree. Too many shots to Tee and Justyn just didn't work. Travis should have been more of a factor. Seems like I've posted this at least ten times before. Upward and onward! GoooooooTigwers!!!!!!!!

Aug 23, 2020, 8:10 PM

Tigers.

I’m just worried about how we managed the game on offense

Aug 23, 2020, 8:12 PM

With TL obviously not at his best. It was still close at half. It should have been the ETN show in the second half. Possess the ball and wear their defense down. Keep the ball out of burrows baby hands.

I hope we do more than throw deep outside the hashes this year. How about a slant or a post? Smash route anyone ? Hit me with some quick game out of the bunch package. Do something to attack the middle of the field.

Contrary to popular belief the TE and slot aren’t the only players that can catch the ball over the middle. I don’t want to hear any excuses. We got lazy offensive game planning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m just worried about how we managed the game on offense

Aug 23, 2020, 8:19 PM

I understand what you are saying but Galloway is about to eat.

Still haven't been able to pull the trigger on watching it

Aug 23, 2020, 8:22 PM

on TV.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their first touchdown

Aug 23, 2020, 10:19 PM

was a push off
Terrell was in his back pocket then boom there was a 3 yard window

And, playing a Team who’s campus was only 100 miles away (like Clemson to Cola)..

Aug 23, 2020, 11:01 PM

and has hardly ever lost in NO!

Plus, the unreal racket noise the fans made had to hurt our O.

Still, it was going to take a perfect game to beat a team that had already beaten 7 good teams ranked in the Top 10..and we didn’t

Congrats to JoeB and teammates!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burrow played the most efficient & clutch game I have seen

Aug 23, 2020, 11:20 PM

a college QB pull off. His accuracy and poise were ridiculous. Without the Power Rangers, the D was just not the same, and Burrow and his receivers made us pay. Looking forward to enjoying this year's Clemson D-Line grow into Power Rangers II. The Defensive Line sets the tempo in big ballgames ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the perfect storm.

Aug 24, 2020, 9:33 PM

All the above is true. We played one of the best teams college football has ever seen and had nearly everything run in their favor.

It will not happen again anytime soon.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic