Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman Split Alabama vote
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Heisman Split Alabama vote

Jan 4, 2021, 4:08 PM

Will the 2 AL Heisman Finalists split votes from voters in AL and SEC? Open up for who should have been 3rd. TL may have a better chance than media forecasts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw a graphic on one of the networks the other night...

Jan 4, 2021, 4:15 PM

It had TL finishing second to DeVonta Smith.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

that may work if voters only had 1 vote but they vote 1-2-3

Jan 4, 2021, 4:21 PM

I imagine many are going to have both Bama guys in front of Trevor. I expect him to be a solid 3rd. Trevor will have to take other areas of the country as the top vote getter to have any chance IMO.

Re: that may work if voters only had 1 vote but they vote 1-2-3

Jan 4, 2021, 4:42 PM

That's what my thinking has been as well. I'd assume that a lot of people voting either Jones or Smith #1 will have the other one as their #2. I also don't think there will be much of a split between non-SEC media in favor of Lawrence since he plays in the same area of the country as the two Bama players. If there was a true 50/50 split between voters between Lawrence and the Bama duo then it would probably favor him that the Bama players would take votes away from each other. Unfortunately, I think the voting may be close between Smith and Jones, but I see Lawrence likely being a distant 3rd. I'd love to be wrong though, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Re: that may work if voters only had 1 vote but they vote 1-2-3

Jan 4, 2021, 4:46 PM

Sorry but the fix is in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think TL will get most of the west coast votes.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:56 PM

I think they like his hair, his social injustice stuff, and I think they dislike the SEC.

But I don't know if it's enough to win him the Hesiman.

Re: I think TL will get most of the west coast votes.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:42 PM

But then the cheesy wisp of a stache killed it. Now, if he could have pulled off an epic beauty like Gardner Minshew's, that would have sealed the deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

i never heard much about Smith winning until about a month

Jan 4, 2021, 5:05 PM

ago right when Trevor missed ND game. They started throwing out Trask/Jones as one and two and then the only person i heard say smith was Greg McElroy on sirius radio and ever since that was the name every one in the media would throw out there as who "should" win it. I think voters were tired of the two SEC QBs b/c they were so bland and not exciting. And if Trevor was out they figured they'd shake it up a little. Everyone is starting to hate on Clemson now so i don't see Trevor getting much love honestly and probably for the foreseeable future.

Re: Heisman Split Alabama vote

Jan 4, 2021, 5:18 PM

But he's so tall!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The votes were in before the playoffs for the

Jan 4, 2021, 7:33 PM

1000th time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:46 PM

Here is some movie trivia for you.
In 1969,John Voight and Dustin Hoffman were both nominated for Best Actor in "Midnight Cowboy" .Had one of them decided on going for Best Supporting Actor, John Wayne(The Duke) would not have won for "True Grit".
Trevor Lawrence won't be so lucky. Friday night probably cost him even more votes than even the media things he has.
Of course there could be some mail-in ballots, but they probably got blown up in the AT&T explosion in Nashville.

Jan 5, 2021, 12:08 AM

The voting was complete prior to our CFP game.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic