Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SN8 replay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,195

SN8 replay

Dec 9, 2020, 7:06 PM

https://youtu.be/EjYEiul7rR8

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Spoiler alert...

Dec 9, 2020, 7:34 PM

The crash at the end was the best part.

Somebody needs to work on the braking system for that thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Spoiler alert...

Dec 9, 2020, 9:01 PM

It was a fantastic first launch...When they work the bugs out of the 3 jets,it will be right on...Hard to brake on just one...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SN8 replay

Dec 10, 2020, 1:51 AM

There was that slight issue with the so-called "Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" (Elon Musk's own words!) on landing...which I think is nerdspeak for "it went boom"...but still, impressive.

I'll give Elon Musk his full due. The dude is not afraid to fail, spectacularly...which is why he succeeds so very often in pulling off stuff nobody else would even consider trying. The RUD event at the end was probably a buzzkill but at the end of the day what he mostly wanted to do was launch the thing and then have his people absorb reams of data about what exactly was working and especially what wasn't...and they'll go and do about 20,0000 bugfixes and then try again. Sooner rather than later he'll get it right.

At which point the USA will have something astounding: heavy lift capability on a scale it's never even contemplated before.

They really, truly intend to be at Mars by 2030. That might end up being overly ambitious but that's never bothered Musk before.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,195
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic