Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scheme issues with the running game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Scheme issues with the running game...

Nov 9, 2020, 7:12 AM

Some of these have been mentioned before, but here is what I see:

1) There are too many to block. Sounds simple, but when you have 5 OL, and a 4-3 front, we can't get a man on every man. Typically, the back side DE is getting good penetration and is unblocked; and one of the LBs can't be blocked because of lack of numbers. ETN can't be expected to make a man miss everytime.

2) We pull guards in very short yardage. Instead of everyone zone blocking to the playside or just straight up man blocking, many times we run almost a counter and pull the backside guard. This pulling/counter action takes an extra second from a regular old dive play, and allows penetration from where the guard pulled from. We ran a couple of these at the goal line...

3) Regarding #1 above, the line needs some help from TEs, an extra back, etc. The problem here is that those guys are having trouble blocking, so they aren't much help.

4) TL will be much better in the RPO game or just a run option. Reading the defense will hold the defense an extra second, time which they really need. Options will help alot.

The OL will get better....I have no doubt. Until, they play better together, though, they need a little help from the coaches if we want to be able to run at all.

Yall have a good day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scheme issues with the running game...

Nov 9, 2020, 8:22 AM

If it's so simple ,have you contacted the Coaching staff.
Didn't think so.
Got love you Armchair Quarterbacks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic