Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should ACC and Clemson hope ACC Champ. game to be cancelled?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Should ACC and Clemson hope ACC Champ. game to be cancelled?

Dec 7, 2020, 1:21 PM

Hear me out on this....

If ACC Championship game is cancelled, then both ND and Clemson are guaranteed to be in the playoffs and will probably play each other in the Semifinals. This would guarantee 2 ACC teams in the playoffs as well. If we play the game and ND wins, then ND is in the playoffs and Clemson is out. If Clemson wins, there is a slight chance that ND would still get in, but they might not.

I don't want the game cancelled. I am just saying it would actually be in the ACC and Clemson's best interest if this game was cancelled for Covid reasons.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo values the ACC champ title.***

Dec 7, 2020, 1:22 PM

null

Re: Dabo values the ACC champ title.***

Dec 7, 2020, 1:23 PM

True and would be nice to win our 6th straight ACC title!

Values... as they get a bonus in salary for winning...

Dec 7, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Dabo values the ACC champ title.*** ]

a well earned bonus

Re: Should ACC and Clemson hope ACC Champ. game to be cancelled?

Dec 7, 2020, 1:26 PM

If Florida beats Bama, OSU plays 7 games and ND is undefeated then Clemson is going to be left out.

The ACC absolutely wants to play the game because a Clemson win is the only way to have a chance to get 2 teams in the playoff.

There is no scenario in the ACC title game that leaves the ACC with 0 teams in the playoff.

No logical ACC person would want to cancel the game because they think it helps the conference.

OSU Likely Won't Play Another Game This Year***

Dec 7, 2020, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama won't get in if they lose, NOBODY is losing a CCG and

Dec 7, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Should ACC and Clemson hope ACC Champ. game to be cancelled? ]

backing in to a 4 team playoff

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If #1 Tide loses a close one in SECCG they most certainly...

Dec 7, 2020, 7:17 PM

...would not fall out of the Top 4. If #2 Domers lose a real tight one in the ACCCG, they could make it as a #4. I also remember a recent Tide team that didn't even play a CCG and backed into the playoff and won it. It would be a mess for the committee, but the precedent is there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I'll take that bet...Nobody losing in a CCG is getting in...

Dec 7, 2020, 9:51 PM

Bama got in because their one loss came in the regular season, there is NO precedent for a team to lose their CCG and back in and they aren't about to set one because that would just pencil in the SEC division winners as 50% of the field in almost every year and they know that, thus, it won't happen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unlike OcryO State...

Dec 7, 2020, 1:26 PM

I'd rather earn a spot in the CFP rather than have it handed to me like a participation trophy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Unlike OcryO State...

Dec 7, 2020, 2:31 PM

Clemson has to earn it because Clemson doesn’t belong.
Ohio State gets in because they deserve it, naturally. And will be nice and rested without game injuries. Just like Bama deserved to get in without even winning their division. Nice and rested. And won it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I would rather beat ND so badly that they're left out.

Dec 7, 2020, 1:32 PM

I don't want to see ND a third time in the same year. I would rather play a Texas A & M or a Florida.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 1:33 PM

Nope: See 2014. TCU (and Baylor) didn't play in 2014, got leap-frogged by OSU. Went from 3rd to 5th.

Play the game.

One, in no rational world should ND get the ACC championship and two, it belongs to us.

Play and earn championships

Dec 7, 2020, 2:13 PM

I don't want ND to win the ACC unless there in it for good and become full time members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn’t the Big XII try that and TCU dropped from #3 to #6?

Dec 7, 2020, 2:24 PM

After winning their last game 55-3.

And Baylor didn’t make it either.

And we don’t want those ND a-holes claiming a conference championship for Pete’s sake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 7, 2020, 2:25 PM

H ell NO ! I want to beat ND and win the ACC.
If we can’t beat ND don’t deserve to be in the CFP anyway.
It would absolutely suck in this game was called off.

really? c'mon man***

Dec 7, 2020, 7:37 PM

Dec 7, 2020, 2:27 PM

Just my opinion, but we need Clemson to play and beat Notre Dame ,and Florida to beat Bama.
Two ACC teams vs 2 SEC teams.
I hate rematches ,but let Clemson play Notre Dame a third time, and Florida square off against Bama a 2nd time, and that way you have the ACC vs the SEC for the National Championship.

NO! Notre Dame is *not* an ACC team ... !!

Dec 7, 2020, 2:32 PM

I hope we trounce ND so badly that they fall out of the top 4 and have to either join the ACC or pound sand.

Don’t just beat ND ... embarrass them!!

ND would then be given the title because of the earlier win

Dec 7, 2020, 2:33 PM

over us. The game must be played.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No. However, if it did, then they should....

Dec 7, 2020, 3:11 PM

Match us up with Notre Dame in the first round of the playoffs.....and declare it the rescheduled ACC Championship game....wherever it is played does not matter

Play the game and really kick their..........

Dec 7, 2020, 3:13 PM

a$$! NO MERCY. A difficult task but who thought a freshman qb would kick bama bad in a NC game.

If that happened, it would remove any last vestige of a

Dec 7, 2020, 3:43 PM

doubt that Notre Dame has had Swofford in their pocket this entire season. "Hey, not only will I let you in for a year, knowing you ain't gonna even consider joining, but if the opportunity arises, I will gift wrap the Conference Championship for you."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 4:04 PM

Interesting. Some good comments, as well. Personally, I do not trust the CFP Committee, given the possible scenarios and possibilities. But while there is the potential we lose to ND and not make the CFP (which, if we lose, we probably don’t deserve to be in the CFP); still, as Dabo says: “Our fate is in OUR hands, and we just need to win, snd we’re in.”

So let’s beat ND in Charlotte and let everybody worry about whether they get in or not!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

The SEC would retaliate by making Bama

Dec 7, 2020, 4:12 PM

Take a dive to get Florida in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - but only if we have the mentality of pathetic losers.

Dec 7, 2020, 5:00 PM

If The Tigers are Championship material - they'll want to storm into the CFP with leprechaun entrails dripping from their claws...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 5:13 PM

"guarantee" ... how do come up with that? They are at the mercy of the committee... they have no guarantee of anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 5:32 PM

Terrier,

It is an interesting thought.

I would rather beat ND, end up 2nd and ND 4th. Then WE get OSU again !!

Just move it to Tallahassee, then.

Dec 7, 2020, 9:57 PM

??

Go Tigers

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic