Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simple fix, football team should disavow the BLM organization
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Simple fix, football team should disavow the BLM organization

Sep 14, 2020, 9:39 AM

then no one should have a problem with the Black lives matter stickers. The statement is not the problem, the association with the Marxist organization is. Have Rencher prepare a brief statement disavowing the organization while taking ownership of the statement Black lives matter. Problem solved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple fix, football team should disavow the BLM organization

Sep 14, 2020, 9:46 AM

I don't think any of the team backs a Marxist group that
is for killing cops, busting windows and terrorizing store
patrons. I believe they are just saying black lives matter.
I don't agree with no justice no piece stickers.It will all
pass.Young people like to be part of the solution. I doubt
Rencher will do that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

I think you are right because folks on the far left seem to have a problem differentiating between BLM the terrorist organization and blm, the statement that the lives of black people hold value, and if you try to explain it, they say that BLM is not a terrorist group and that they are for love and peace and equal rights and all that. They will never admit that BLM and blm are two different things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Simple fix, football team should disavow the BLM organization ]

irmotig® said:

I don't think any of the team backs a Marxist group that
is for killing cops, busting windows and terrorizing store
patrons. I believe they are just saying black lives matter.
I don't agree with no justice no piece stickers.It will all
pass.Young people like to be part of the solution. I doubt
Rencher will do that.

I think you are right but BLM the organization shares the same name as what was on the sticker so it needs clarification. If they don't support a Marxist org then a simple statement stating it should be no problem?

I liked what UNC did

Sep 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

They allowed the students to come up with a decal that they wanted, that was appropriate for the blm movement, but did not say "Black Lives Matter." I wish we had done something similar, I'm with you on not wanting that organization represented on the Clemson uniforms or helmets.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, as an alternative, players like Rencher, Lawrence, etc

Sep 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

can just say whatever they want to say about the issues that are important to them personally and the fans can either choose to support them, or not. Honestly, why should it matter what our players support or believe? They are Clemson men, they chose our school over all other top schools. They are good young men who support and represent their communities with class, respect and dignity. They are men of faith and natural leaders. If a helmet sticker makes a fan decide to no longer support this program, well that says a lot more about the fan than it does the players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Or, as an alternative, players like Rencher, Lawrence, etc

Sep 14, 2020, 9:54 AM

Well said.

Can they say whatever they want though?

Sep 14, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Or, as an alternative, players like Rencher, Lawrence, etc ]

What about the players who's family are in law enforcement? Can they put blue lives matter or a thin blue line on their helmet?

Yes they can say whatever they want.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:17 AM

As for the sticker question I don’t know the answer, but you’re mixing up the issue of an individual‘s stance and a team’s collective (or majority) stance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So basically you're suggesting we impose 1st Amendment

Sep 14, 2020, 9:54 AM

restrictions on our athletes' right to support a movement?

LOL...........what a goober.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

No... if they support the BLM organization then they obviously shouldn't disavow it

Sep 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

But I doubt men of faith and character support an anti-Christian, anti-nuclear family, anti-American group like BLM.

Re: No... if they support the BLM organization then they obviously shouldn't disavow it

Sep 14, 2020, 10:06 AM

If you don't agree with BLM, that's fine. But putting restrictions on those who do by muzzling them isn't the answer.

Labeling those who support a movement as "anti-American", etc. isn't the answer either. Why don't you instead try engaging them in conversation? All you're doing is further polarizing an already polarized situation. HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Are those that support law enforcement being restricted?

Sep 14, 2020, 10:10 AM

or can they freely put a blue lives matter sticker on their helmet?

Re: Are those that support law enforcement being restricted?

Sep 14, 2020, 10:16 AM

Nice straw man argument. What does that have to do with your original assertion?

So military appreciation day doesn't count for you? LOL.......you know nothing about our young men in today's world. Nothing at all.

Screw Calford.

Just don't make the association.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:09 AM

Problem solved.

Dang beat me to it.***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems better to assume the players aren't Marxist

Sep 14, 2020, 10:28 AM

unless they give you an indication they are or support such philosophies.

If they wear a sticker that says "DOWN WITH CAPITALISM" then maybe there's a problem with Marxism.

How about this fix. Folks who have an issue with BLM letters

Sep 14, 2020, 10:16 AM

should simply become emotionally mature enough and intelligent enough to understand that their use doesn’t necessarily imply association with the organization.

You can fix it by yourself _ as can others.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about this fix. Folks who have an issue with BLM letters

Precisely. Drawing attention to a social issue doesn't necessarily mean support for a particular organization. Those who make a false equivocation that there is, definitely need a reality check.

Screw Calford.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:23 AM

The most simple solution. Don't worry about it and enjoy football.

Here's a really simple fix.

Sep 14, 2020, 11:24 AM

KEEP PROTESTS OFF THE COTTDAMM FIELD!

You listening Goodell?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I have not heard a single coach or player

Sep 14, 2020, 12:03 PM

in public or in private say they support BLM organization.

Every one has said "Black Lives Matter"

It's angry white guys like OP who are trying to make the association to the organization.

These coaches and players are simply stating that black people's lives matter.

I like your funny words magic man

Who said I was angry or white?

Sep 14, 2020, 2:45 PM

Never met you in my life, but you know all about me?

Sep 14, 2020, 5:15 PM

Black Lives matter may have started out years ago with some Marxist leadership but it has grown far beyond that label now. The vast majority of members and/or supporters are not Marxists. Nor are they violent.

Here is an article that calls upon a number of people more knowledgeable than the average person about these concerns. I think that they collectively present a number of perspectives about BLM.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation-world/2020/07/22/politifact-is-black-lives-matter-a-marxist-movement/

Yeah that or...

Sep 14, 2020, 6:05 PM

we fans could come forward and admit that black lives matter to us though we hate the organization which is rioting, looting and burning our cities and wants to kill all our police officers. Maybe if we separate the concept from the organization first and lead by example the kids would recognize the difference while understanding we aren't their enemies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic