Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sirius question . . . Anybody have a homemade recipe for egg nog?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Sirius question . . . Anybody have a homemade recipe for egg nog?

Dec 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

I’ve never had the regular kind, only the unleaded. And if I don’t make it myself guess I’ll never get to try it. TIA!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirius question . . . Anybody have a homemade recipe for egg nog?

Dec 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

Just pour some various spices in expired milk until it tastes "right".

That seems like the way that egg nog is made at least.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 12:47 PM

If you have eggnog and a sink, open drain, open eggnog container, pour eggnog down sink.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was step 1.

Dec 11, 2020, 12:54 PM

Step 2 - put ice in a glass.
Step 3 - pour a shot of your favorite bourbon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You're definitely going in the right direction

Dec 11, 2020, 1:34 PM

but if you also throw that ice in the sink before pouring bourbon in the glass, then you're spot on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Two experts right above!***

Dec 11, 2020, 1:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Right Kind Just Soothes The Soul ---

Dec 11, 2020, 12:49 PM

PET used to make the best. Seems like some big wig came in and tampered with the recipe.

Mayfields is decent I guess....something just seems h be missing.

I guess you just put egg..milk..nutmeg..and cinnamon in it. Blend the heck out of it....and don't even ask me how it gets to the right thickness.

Dec 11, 2020, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 12:52 PM

I don't like the stuff but ms midland has a family recipe that uses vanilla ice cream along with about 5 different types of liquor. Everyone that tastes it says it is the best they ever had. Will knock you on your ####! Sorry, can't pass the recipe along. Family secret.

Sounds like a Long Island Ice Tea... -Tea, +Milk.***

Dec 11, 2020, 1:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 1:11 PM

I get high praise for my homemade eggnog every year. Try this and you'll like it. Serve it to your friends and they'll like it and want to know how you made it. NEVER give away your secret.

Here's my secret.....

1. Buy a bottle of eggnog from your local red dot store. Many of the big names in bourbon make a good starter eggnog; it doesn't matter much which one you choose.

2. Split the bottle in half placing half into each of a couple of plastic store bought empty containers. (I like to use half gallon containers) Throw the empty store bought eggnog bottle(s) away.

3. Add a considerable amount (1 cup?) of your favorite bourbon,and about half as about half as much of a good rye into each of your containers. Then add two or three shots of rum and a shot of brandy. Mix it all up and taste it. You could be able to taste but not easily identify the rye. Taste it. If it has a decent kick, you are done. If the kick is weak, add more bourbon or rye as appropriate.

4. Put the containers of homemade eggnog in the fridge and let it get very cold.

5. Serve in small juice like glasses as if people can only have a little of your wonderful homemade eggnog. Give'em a second small glass if they liked it.

Thank me later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirius question . . . Anybody recipe for egg nog?

Dec 11, 2020, 1:30 PM

mine is very similar except egg nog ice cream added and a a little more alcohol. it’s unreal. we make batches and give as gifts. it is completely rockin’

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 11, 2020, 1:49 PM

Forget the eggnog thing. Go to the liquor store and buy a large bottle of Malibu Rum. Go home and mix it with some hot cocoa to taste. Drink a cup of that and go outside in freezing weather wearing just a tee shirt. You will sweat under your arms. In other words, it warms you up real nice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic