Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU's Opposing Secondaries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

LSU's Opposing Secondaries

Jan 4, 2020, 4:05 PM

Compiled a data set of season defensive production by LSU's opposing secondaries and then sliced it by Rivals.com star rating. See results in the attached picture.

If you consider Derion Kendrick a 5 star DB - I know he wasn't one out of high school, but you can easily argue he's a 5-star athlete - then what's interesting is that this will be the first time LSU has faced a pair of 5-star cornerbacks.

The other 5-stars faced, at least according to Rivals, are Caden Sterns for Texas who plays safety, Brendan Radley-Hiles for Oklahomawho plays safety and was ejected for targeting in the 2nd quarter, Tyson Campbell for UGA who was a backup cornerback, and then Patrick Surtain, cornerback for Alabama.

If LSU has success, then it will probably be because of their slot receiver, tight end and running back, but that's where you'd hope the experience of Clemson's safeties and linebackers, along with Coach Venables's scheme and Isaiah Simmons's range are able to match up effectively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU's Opposing Secondaries

Jan 4, 2020, 4:14 PM

Thank you. You should post more. Good info!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 4:38 PM

Stats were against ACC. Doesn’t matter according to Finebaum.

Finebaum is who we have to impress according to some.

Jan 4, 2020, 5:01 PM

I wouldn't waste a single moment trying to impress Feinbaum. He matters not one whit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 5:28 PM

Based on how much he's talked about on this forum, I'd say he matters quite a bit.

Jan 4, 2020, 5:08 PM

If they can get their slot receivers matched up against Muse, it is good night. I would not be surprised to see us play nickle with say Sheridan Jones and keep Simmons at safety. We will need to get another dynamic athlete on the field one way or another.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surtain Plays Like A....

Jan 4, 2020, 5:20 PM

2 star. If he can't hold the receiver he can't cover .

Jan 4, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU's Opposing Secondaries ]

Yeah, I was thinking something similar. Bringing in another dB like jones or booth or Goodrich would be a cool a wrinkle.

I would hope BV schemes to prevent Muse from getting singled up against a WR as best he can, but I also expect to him to stick to what he’s known for and to be aggressive and to bring 5-6 man pressures frequently. I think that’s why I did the analysis really, just to show that we can’t play scared and drop 8 every time. We’ve got the talent to put our corners on islands and roll the dice!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic