Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing

Oct 13, 2020, 3:01 PM

Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing

Greer (SC) tight end Jaleel Skinner received the offer he’s been waiting on Sunday evening when he called Clemson tight ends coach Danny Pearman. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing

Oct 13, 2020, 3:41 PM

One thing this kid must learn pretty quick, if he is really interested in Clemson, he better show it or someone else will ###### up that spot if it comes available to them bc, our coaches don't drag their feet once they have made a committable offer. His statement that Clemson will probably be in his top group, it could become a waste of his time if he isn't sure Clemson is one of his top schools bc our coaches will move on to a player that wants to be a Clemson Tiger, and has shown them that he has a high interest in Clemson. Probably won't cut it, bc there are many prospects out there that are ranked just as high or higher that wants a chance to play FB at Clemson. That is the way that it is once a team has proved they are elite year in and year out. And Dabo don't allow his assistants to go over the number of players that is needed to fill the needs at a position. And he doesn't recruit over those number bc a recruit probably isn't sure yet, when the times comes for an answer!!! Dabo has made it clear numerous times that it's about Clemson first over any recruit who believes it's about them over what's best for his FB program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 4:15 PM

I was thinking that exact same thing...he better move on it soon. "Will probably be in the top group" does not sound like an "All In" answer to me.

Oct 13, 2020, 6:42 PM

+1 for your 1st post, after joining 12 years ago.

I don't disagree, but he is a 2022 recruit so it may be a bit premature for him to announce he's 'all-in'. He's only about 16 years old and hasn't been able to make any officials or even un-officials.

Oct 13, 2020, 7:04 PM

Agreed. Considering all the circumstances, he said enough for me.

Oct 13, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing ]

“All In” to your post!

Oct 14, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Top instate prospect gets offer he wants, loves what Clemson is doing ]

+1 for your 1st post, after joining 12 years ago.

I don't disagree, but he is a 2022 recruit so it may be a bit premature for him to announce he's 'all-in'. He's only about 16 years old and hasn't been able to make any officials or even un-officials.

HillBilly I'm not going to disagree with the reasoning of being he is kid, but he is the one that said a Clemson offer is a cherished offer that he wanted, then ask his thoughts about the actual offer, he says That Clemson will probably be in his list of top schools. What I'm saying is that his interest in Clemson right now, it don't seem to be as strong as he first thought it was after an offer came bc, Clemson "Probably" be in his top schools that has offered, don't sound to be that cherished after the offer!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 1:07 PM

The kid is a junior in high school and is being told he is the #1 TE in the country.

We didn't post that Bresee or DJ better hurry and accept their offers as soon as they got them or Clemson would move on.

Just because the kid is local doesn't mean he isn't a national recruit. The top players in the country are not relegated to graveling to make sure they get their spot on their team of choice.

If he's as good as the recruiting services or saying he is, then our coaches will more than likely be willing to stick with him as long as he is showing genuine interest.

In saying that, if he still has the same "maybe Clemson will get a look" frame of mind nearing the end of his senior season then things may change, but right now he has plenty of time to weigh his options.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic