Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables has his defense preparing for dangerous Georgia Tech offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables has his defense preparing for dangerous Georgia Tech offense

Oct 14, 2020, 1:01 PM

Venables has his defense preparing for dangerous Georgia Tech offense

Georgia Tech enters Saturday’s contest with top-ranked Clemson with a lot of confidence and an offense that is starting to find its stride behind freshman quarterback Jeff Sims. Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables says the Yellow Jackets are on a different planet than they were a year ago. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 Ints? This should be fun***

Oct 14, 2020, 1:22 PM

Re: TNET: Venables has his defense preparing for dangerous Georgia Tech offense

Oct 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

Dangerous GT O , LOL
The QB has 8 INTs already and they don’t score but 25 pts a game . They think UCF wrecked them , just wait until this Sat .
48-13 Tigers

Oct 14, 2020, 4:14 PM

At least!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lay the points (27) and take the under (63.5)... Close.***

Oct 14, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables has his defense preparing for dangerous Georgia Tech offense ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 5:41 AM

The dangerous part used to be worrying about of defensive linemen's knees.

hopefully, their cut blocks, will stay a thing of the past

Oct 15, 2020, 1:34 PM

Does Venables tend to talk about opposing offenses in this way? As an outside fan, I'm familiar with him being an odd duck, but I can't recall in the past hearing these types of comments.

For the record, I don't expect Tech to look good against Clemson's D. And that doesn't nullify Venables' comments, either. Tech's lack of production offensively has been a combination of freshman mistakes, kicking game disasters that you wouldn't believe, bad turnovers, bad luck turnovers, shoot yourself in the foot penalties, and lack of having been there before. There is nary a drive where you can say Tech got beat by the defense, but there have been quite a few where you can say they have beaten themselves.

Of course, if there's anything in the world you'd want to avoid facing as an offense depending heavily on true freshman and a lot of players with limited reps in anything remotely resembling what they are being tasked to do with an already established proclivity to self-destruct, it's square off against Venables with all the pressure on you to score a touchdown pretty much every time you touch the ball. No matter how dangerous the Tech offense actually is, there's a high likelihood of having a bloodbath. My fear is that Patenaude will try and take the pressure off with conservative calls on early downs trying to stay on schedule and end up running right into the teeth of the defense. He has already done that too often facing a stacked front on early downs or in the red zone when things get tighter. Afraid to go over the top early or more realistically shift some players to make the defense change the front or else give yourself a shot to pick up some freebie yards on a bubble screen, slant, dump-off to a TE, QB draw, etc.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic