Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday

Oct 22, 2020, 5:11 PM

Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday

After careful consideration and significant consultation with the University’s COVID-19 public health strategy team and external health consultants, University Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Student athletes get a pass?***

Oct 22, 2020, 5:19 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: TNET: Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday

Oct 22, 2020, 5:52 PM

Wow, that is truly breaking news.
Absolutely caught me by surprise. I would they many universities will follow suit.
Good luck students and faculty.
God Speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kid has been online all semester anyway

Oct 22, 2020, 5:59 PM

Effing paying rent on apartment when she could do the same thing from home.

BTW: Expect a cancellation of Spring Break any day now. Yeah, like that's going to keep the kids from going to Florida when many of them are 'online' anyway.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:02 PM

Imagine paying full tuition for online classes. LOL these universities are thieves

Oct 22, 2020, 8:20 PM

Don't have to imagine it... we are living this. This is really teaching the students how to be professionals. Flip flop, flip flop.
No leadership from the top. Nothing they've told the students has happened (except the $$$$).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 23, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday ]

Let them drop out until classes are reopened. Loss of revenue will speed things up. Going online to college is like University of Beverly Hills, not real college!

Oct 22, 2020, 6:03 PM

Suckered the freshman in to moving onsite, collect the money, guinea pig them with constant testing, then send them home when no refund possible. Tough sell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suckers!!!

Oct 22, 2020, 8:13 PM

Wow, never saw this coming.
Right...

So I guess all the final exams will be open book??***

Oct 22, 2020, 8:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I guess all the final exams will be open book??***

Oct 23, 2020, 3:17 PM

Open everything?

Re: So I guess all the final exams will be open book??***

Oct 23, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to So I guess all the final exams will be open book??*** ]

mt wife teaches that open book testing has a relevant place in college student exam life because of the way it forces yo to quickly find information and then understand, analyze and apply it and think critically.

Can't overcome the media narrative...

Oct 22, 2020, 9:16 PM

the Covid-19 "survival rate" for the age group 0-19 years is 99.997%. for you liberals, that's 99,997 out of 100,000. This society is driven by the main stream media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't overcome the media narrative...

Oct 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

From January 26, 2020, through October 3, 2020, an estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died in the United States.** Excess deaths reached their highest points to date during the weeks ending April 11 (40.4% excess) and August 8, 2020 (23.5% excess) (Figure 1). Two thirds of excess deaths during the analysis period (66.2%; 198,081) were attributed to COVID-19 and the remaining third to other causes†† (Figure 1).

The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years.§§ However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%) (Figure 2). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average,¶¶ and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ?85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.

Re: Can't overcome the media narrative...

Oct 23, 2020, 10:50 PM

I see no mention of the millions of asymptotic cases that are still going untested.

Oct 22, 2020, 10:46 PM

FYI.....I have 2 kids at Clemson right now. My son had one class on campus this semester that went online after 3-4 weeks. All other classes for both of my kids have been ONLINE. This is political theater.....

Oct 23, 2020, 8:17 AM

I have a son on campus, freshman. He had 100% online classes. Clemson always bests Carolina, but even they are doing better than Clemson in this respect. I am really disappointed in Clements and the administration for letting it get to this point.
Where do they do next semester, and the next, and the next... Do they think this virus (that affects them less than the flu) is going anywhere?

Oct 23, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces online-only instruction after Thanksgiving holiday ]

who is his political theater teacher?

Oct 23, 2020, 8:57 AM

I can see how this looks bad from Clemson’s perspective, and how frustrating this must be for parents who are paying tons of money for tuition and their kids to be on campus. At the same time, I believe that Clemson is doing everything it can to try to make the student experience as positive and normal as it can be, including investing millions over the summer to accommodate as much in-person teaching as possible.

Unfortunately, because in-person classes must also give students the option to join virtually--and attendance policies must be highly flexible during this time—I’m hearing that a large portion of students living in Clemson are not even showing up to the in-person classes being offered. That said, while many of the professors I know have a huge desire to provide more normal in-class teaching experiences, the attendance issue is adding to this challenge. I get it. As a student, I’d much rather not get up and get ready for the day and go in to my on-campus classroom if I can just as easily join the class via a Zoom call in my dorm room or apartment.

Not all students fit into this category, of course, and I’m hearing that many are pushing for stronger attendance policies in order to have a more regular classroom experience for all. Part of the problem, it seems, is that many of the current in-class courses are having to be managed in cohorts of students in order to allow for social distancing. For instance, in a class that meets three times per week, only one-third of the students are even allowed to be in-person on a given day. Then, when only a portion of that smaller subset is showing up to the classroom, you end up with pretty empty classrooms. To be fair, this arrangement is also confusing for the students, especially with different classes of all sorts of different learning arrangements.

Going forward, as Clemson looks toward the spring, my understanding is that in-person class offerings are no longer going to have these cohorts within them (e.g., breaking them up into thirds), such that entire classes of students will be allowed and expected to be there on each day the class meets. This is a reaction to some of the lessons that Clemson has learned and could not have anticipated well this summer when the fall semester was being planned. It will also, of course, require larger classroom spaces for certain classes and the need for online learning to continue for many others.

In short, I know that it’s easy to look at this as a revenue play by Clemson. However, I find that to be an unfair characterization. What stands out to me much more than anything is an administration and faculty that genuinely cherishes the Clemson family and the unique student experience of being on campus and is doing everything it possibly can to deliver on that experience. This is an incredibly complex, difficult situation to navigate. From everything I have seen, Clemson has the students’ and parents' best interests at the forefront of all of its considerations for how to best get through this.

Oct 23, 2020, 8:16 PM

This is what happens when you politicize a so called "pandemic". You get stupid ppl in charge making stupid decisions. I keep hearing ppl scream follow the science while in the same breath claim healthy people and asymptomatic ppl can get other ppl sick. That is how you know it's political. Never in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD HAS A HEALTHY PERSON GOTTEN ANOTHER HEALTHY PERSON SICK. Plus there is a reason why until now for some odd reason that even asymptomatic people haven't gotten a healthy person sick. You see, let me explain for the slow ppl, asymptomatic persons show no signs of being sick meaning no coughing, no sneezing means no transmission. Asymptomatic ppl carry a low viral load and until this whole thing turned political the studies showed that the viral load from an asymptomatic person was NOT enough to get a healthy person sick. You haven't wondered when studies like this comes out then almost immediately the next day they all of a sudden change their mind? I'm sorry I know ppl are tired talking about it and I am too but I'm just wondering when the smart ppl, are going to take over and/or the American ppl wake up and realize they are being played. It sucks ppl die but unfortunately ppl die ALL THE TIME it's called life. I'm jus wondering why more ppl aren't realizing that the number of deaths this year are on par with every other year. Hmmmmmmmm

Oct 24, 2020, 6:41 AM

Posted in the wrong spot. This for TigerAIdan above.

People without noticeable symptoms who have covid have infected others who have become sick. It's actually very common. It's the most common way actually.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic