Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson student-athletes set department record in graduation success rate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,222

TNET: Clemson student-athletes set department record in graduation success rate

Nov 17, 2020, 3:58 PM

Clemson student-athletes set department record in graduation success rate

Clemson Athletics earned a program-record overall 93 percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR) for the 2010-13 cohort in data released by the NCAA on Tuesday. It’s Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson student-athletes set department record in graduation success rate

Nov 18, 2020, 7:59 AM

A little shocked at the lack of comments. So very very proud of our athletic department and the kids themselves. We're doing it right folks.

The one that REALLY stood out to me, the bball team for 3 yrs running - 100%. This is one reason I back Brad Brownell. I can hold my head up high for the program and gladly trade a few L's to keep this up.

Not meant to make this political, but the lamestream media and BLM should be promoting stuff like this to end poverty and minority racism. It's called doing instead of talking.

Go Tigers!!!! Couldn't be more proud of all of you. This ? is what really matters.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson student-athletes set department record in graduation success rate

Nov 18, 2020, 9:39 AM

For anybody who doesn't think this matters, notice the men's cross country/track was above only football on the list.

Obviously football has been wildly successful on the field and has over 100 student-athletes that go into their percentage.

This was certainly not the reason that the CC/track programs were cut, but it may have been part of the deciding factors when choosing where they were looking to save some money.

I want to state very clearly that I do not like the program being cut and I hate it for every student-athlete who was affected, but Clemson cares about these types of statistics.

When people are calling for Coach Brownell or Coach Lee to be fired, their academic numbers give them a little more grace with administration.

I wonder if Clemson would have done more to keep the track program if they had been closer to the 95-100% group.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 9:34 PM

Being educated and getting really smart should be the #1 throughout the entire athletic department I believe. But when it comes to cutting programs to be able to afford the ones that you can keep is very important bc when it has to be done, you have to do it. But another thing that comes in 2nd behind higher education, and that is the few programs that is making, and bringing the $$$/money that is helping to finance less profitable but necessary athletic programs that help to bring the student fans to your university.

I've always been a believer that sports, and education go hand in hand with young people. And it's awesome knowing that Clemson university has some of the smartest, and well educated Jocks, Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,222
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic