Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired

Sep 24, 2020, 1:07 PM

Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired

It's a strange 2020 College Football season with games being postponed, changed, and canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It obviously has put a strain on the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would put Borin Doeren ahead of Babers***

Sep 24, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I would put Borin Doeren ahead of Babers***

Sep 24, 2020, 2:32 PM

I don't think Doeren is even on the hot seat.

State fans are ok with 7-5 as long as they have an occasional upset.

If UNC starts beating them like a drum, that may change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would put Borin Doeren ahead of Babers***

Sep 24, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to I would put Borin Doeren ahead of Babers*** ]

I hope that Doeren keeps his job for life. He is entertaining, even if for the wrong reason, but entertaining!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is sad that people are betting on who will be fired

Sep 24, 2020, 1:20 PM

first. Kind of funny in its own way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is sad that people are betting on who will be fired

Sep 24, 2020, 1:42 PM

well in coaching about all get fired. Some just do sooner than others

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is sad that people are betting on who will be fired

Sep 24, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to this is sad that people are betting on who will be fired ]

I agree, and I hope they are wrong about Mustcan't and Doeren, they are good fits for both those programs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the athletic budget crises this year, I think

Sep 24, 2020, 1:23 PM

every HC in the ACC is going to get a mulligan. No one wants to be trying to gather up buyout money and hire a new guy right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the athletic budget crises this year, I think

Sep 24, 2020, 1:42 PM

Well it’s must be good to coot fans to finally be #1 in something football related.

Re: TNET: Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired

Sep 24, 2020, 1:52 PM

Babers looks disconnected on the sidelines. I think he's a goner.

On their B1G list, anyone who thinks Scott Frost will be fired this year is an idiot. Harbaugh is much more likely to be canned.

In the SEC, everyone knows Muschamp and Pruitt are coaching for their jobs. One guy just isn't very good and sits in an unwinnable situation and the other has the most delusional fan base in CFB.

Pruitt is on the hot seat already?

Sep 24, 2020, 2:43 PM

I think Muschamp is the only SEC coach on the hot seat right now, but I don't think SC will pony up the cash to fire him this year with the COVID budget issues. That's great news for us. Oh I guess Mason at Vandy is on the hot seat too.

I could see Gus back on the hotseat if he has a bad season... he's always on the brink. Pruitt needs to produce something this year or he's on it next year. Could Jimbos seat get warm if he has a stinker this year? All of the bad teams in the west just hired new coaches.

UT just gave Pruitt a 2 year extension...

Sep 24, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired ]

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29961577/tennessee-gives-coach-jeremy-pruitt-two-year-extension-400k-annual-raise

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: UT just gave Pruitt a 2 year extension...

Sep 24, 2020, 8:05 PM

SMH. This is laughably premature.

Sep 24, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Vegas odds on first ACC head coach fired ]

Babers will have a job before his wife gets the suitcases packed. It maynot be as a Head Coach, but he will be a college coach somewhere!!!

I'd sure take him in some capacity

Sep 24, 2020, 8:29 PM

Cuse is a dog job. The guy can coach

Is Dave Doeren the biggest wanker ? I mean whiner ?

Sep 24, 2020, 3:00 PM

?

null

If I Could Get 1/100 On Dabo Not Being First

Sep 24, 2020, 3:27 PM

I would bet $100K to win $1,000

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I Could Get 1/100 On Dabo Not Being First

Sep 24, 2020, 7:22 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. That’s about as close to a guaranteed 1% payoff in 4 months as you’re going to find. Amounts to 3% annualized. I’d take it and run if I could actually find that bet anywhere.

Celebrate, Coots! Moistcramp is #1 in the SEC!

Sep 24, 2020, 3:49 PM

I'm with another poster who already said Doeren will be first in the ACC. This will be because of two factors.

#1: He gets poor results again this year.

#2: His Arch Rival UNC is already having increased success with a very old, recycled head coach.

Given how strange 2020 is, plus buyout, etc, Moistcramps probably gets one more year regardless of results in Cootlumbia. Since there obviously won't be any embarassing NONconference losses by anybody in the SEC this year, all of them may hang on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Celebrate, Coots! Moistcramp is #1 in the SEC!

Sep 24, 2020, 5:34 PM

The host on coot radio has said that they don't have the cash to get rid of Mustcan't, and that is mind boggling bc the coots were saying not all that long ago that they get way more money than Clemson bc they were in the sec, and that money would allow them to pass Clemson so far, that we may not beat them but about once every 10 years. And I know that most of Tiger Nation remembers hearing them say those words, and now they can't afford to hire another loser coach. My My how things can change in an instant where they are concerned!!! In the past 6 years, they haven't come close to beating us, when will that big SEC money start paying them enough money to pass Clemson. The way they were bragging about the big SEC money, I thought we were doomed, NOT!!! Go away Cooters!!!!

Sep 24, 2020, 4:10 PM

Article shows just how uncertain hiring coaches are.

Dino Babers was considered a young can't-miss guy who was just going to be qat Cuse for a couple of years until a to 20 school came calling.

Justin Fuente was considered the same way. It was said the VT stole him from some bigger programs when they hired him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Babers is black, so I would assume that he is safe for now.***

Sep 24, 2020, 6:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 24, 2020, 7:02 PM

The whole Vegas odd bit on which coach gets fired first is a bit cruel. But if you get paid millions to wear shorts and blow a whistle at ball players, you gotta take the bad with the good. Yes, it will hurt when you get fired, but all that easy money will make the hurt bearable.

Sep 24, 2020, 7:22 PM

Can Dabo put $10,000,000 on himself and purposely get fired?

Sep 24, 2020, 7:38 PM

Must have been a slow day in Vegas today!!!

Sep 24, 2020, 7:56 PM

Double your money with laptop Doeren. If we played them I might risk a few bucks. Dino needs to stay. He’d be picked up in a heartbeat.

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Muschamp finally in the lead!***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic