Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So does etienne come back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

So does etienne come back?

Jan 14, 2020, 12:21 AM

He has to be frustrated with the playcalling? If not I'm frustrated for him.

Tony Elliot needs a short leash next season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So does etienne come back?

Jan 14, 2020, 12:22 AM

I think he comes back.

I hope so. I just hope our RB coach doesnt abandon the run

Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 AM

So early

Jan 14, 2020, 12:23 AM

No

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah- if that were me tonight. I’d say no.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 AM

Not a clue what tony was thinking.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:31 AM

No, running backs need to go pro early they have short life span unless you are a Frank Gore unicorn.

The Tony Elliott leash comment is short sighted and frankly just dumb...let the man work he’s only brought 2 national championships and been to the playoffs every year...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:33 AM

Co Ocs have brought 2 titles. Tony has undoubtedly taken most of the load with Jeff Scott being distracted with USF. There is no coincidence our two worst offensive performances of the season were back to back in championship phase

Jan 14, 2020, 12:40 AM

Also against the two best and objectively most talented teams. I’m not saying he is perfect, this short leash stuff is reserved for 4-8 teams...winning teams self evaluate and come back better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So does etienne come back? ]

ClemCE09 said:

No, running backs need to go pro early they have short life span unless you are a Frank Gore unicorn.

The Tony Elliott leash comment is short sighted and frankly just dumb...let the man work he’s only brought 2 national championships and been to the playoffs every year...

Agreed. They don’t come back to get more banged up or endure an ACL tear. Go make some $$ ETN! We love you man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent brought 2 NC...

Jan 14, 2020, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Re: So does etienne come back? ]

DW4 covered up a lot of their mistakes and last year we were loaded on D which compensated.

Weird play-calling tonight no doubt

Jan 14, 2020, 12:33 AM

I feel like if we have a core deficiency it is on our OL. We just haven’t been able to create much running room at all inside the tackles all year, especially against any team with a pulse. Almost all our run game is to the edge - and teams with good speed have held us in check. When you add the fact that Trevor had a bad game when we needed to score a lot of points just to stay in the game, well... no way to overcome all that. It just wasn’t our night.

I saw a LOT of missed blocks and blown up plays where blockers just weren’t where we needed them or they we ineffective. Too many plays to the short side of the field where there is no room for it to develop into anything other than a five - yard loss.

We need a better OL that is more fundamentally sound. Not sure if that is a coaching issue, a talent issue, or what it is. It would cure a lot of the ills with the play-calling if we could run between the tackles.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although in fairness, leading into the OSU game

Jan 14, 2020, 12:41 AM

Dabo said the OLine was our strength. I’m not one to fain understanding the ways in which those guys develop but I think the coaches think they are doing OK.

I’m filing this one under “sometimes you just get beat”. Same thing happened against AL 2 years ago. OL just got played the whole time. Probably 3-6 things we could have shifted towards or away from but didn’t. And we got beat.

The silver lining is we set a lot of high marks defensively for a rebuilding year. I hope that grit will transfer down to the talent we’re bringing in.

Nah he should go make his money...

Jan 14, 2020, 12:39 AM

I honestly don't trust Elliott to utilize him properly next year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:44 AM

He's gone. Don't get your hopes up.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic