Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tents at tailgating??........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,601

Tents at tailgating??........

Sep 22, 2020, 9:33 AM

I remember last week that some of you were going to try to have tents when tailgating at the Citadel game (even though they're supposedly prohibited this season).

Were you able to or not? I'm going to the Virginia game and would appreciate knowing how strict this rule was enforced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson University put rules out so why not just abide?

Sep 22, 2020, 9:39 AM

I think some of them are as dumber than a bag of hammers, but I'm just gonna respect the rules in place and respect those who allowed us to have a season.

I'm mainly curious because some people.....

Sep 22, 2020, 9:42 AM

were acting real defiant like they were going to have tents no matter what.

Re: I'm mainly curious because some people.....

Sep 22, 2020, 10:15 AM

They should have there privileges revoked. Sorry some can't seem to follow rules very well. These precautions are put in place to help stop the spread of a very deadly virus. I have had several personal friends to die from COVID 19, and many others have lost friends, or family, as well, so the threat is real. Break the rules, pay the price, JMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does having a tent up for 3 people - 2 elderly and one

Sep 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

has leprosy so the direct sunlight causes a flaring of conditions - cause the spread "of a deadly virus" ?

BTW - all 3 of us live in a 1,100 square foot home together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Because when I see a tent...I'm automatically joining

Sep 22, 2020, 10:53 AM

whomever is in that tent, giving them hugs, shaking their hands, eating their food, sticking my hands in their cooler, etc.

Am I the only person who does this on Clemson football Saturdays? If there's not a tent, then I'm staying away from those stiffs.

The leper should have stayed at home, it's not like the

Sep 22, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to How does having a tent up for 3 people - 2 elderly and one ]

stadium is covered and the elderly are already at risk and don't need to be out in a 19k person environment in the first place

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does having a tent up for 3 people - 2 elderly and one

Sep 23, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to How does having a tent up for 3 people - 2 elderly and one ]

While I understand your folk's infirmities, I also understand why the rules are written. If they are unable to abide by the rules in place, they should stay home, watch the games on TV and not risk exposing others, nor being exposed by someone they may contact. I didn't write the rules, but I do respect them, and I will comply. I expect others to as well.

I was being a smartazz***

Sep 22, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I'm mainly curious because some people..... ]

Those people are selfish A-holes who will ruin it for the

Sep 22, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I'm mainly curious because some people..... ]

rest of us

Re: Clemson University put rules out so why not just abide?

Sep 23, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Clemson University put rules out so why not just abide? ]

Dittos!

Re: Tents at tailgating??........

Sep 22, 2020, 9:45 AM

No tents in the lot I was in or any that I walked through to and from the stadium.

Not surprised - didn't think the rules were just talk.......

Sep 22, 2020, 9:57 AM

on the university's part.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:45 AM

No tents in the lot I was in or any that I walked through to and from the stadium.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:54 AM

I saw five tents and multiple tailgate setups in the few lots we walked through. Never saw anyone being asked to disperse or remove the tents so I’m not sure how strict they’re being.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:55 AM

No tents in Littlejohn Lot. They must have put a tent up in their backyard...haha

Message was edited by: baker5801®

I saw several tents...

Sep 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

in private (non-university) parking lots (ie, behind Esso).
Those folks had full tailgating setups but not large crowds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.deathvalleytailgatingsquad.com/
http://www.twitter.com/dvts

We parked in Lot 10,

Sep 22, 2020, 11:10 AM

walked through SGA and CBX, and got a good look at 5, 6, and PBX. Zero tents, zero large groups.

Can't you get banned for the rest of the season for breaking the rules?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tents at tailgating??........R U speaking of

Sep 22, 2020, 11:19 AM

present tents or past tents? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw just one tent up in C1

Sep 22, 2020, 11:21 AM

and they were away from everyone else. Didn't notice it until we made the 25 min hike back after the game. Only saw a few people there.

Sep 22, 2020, 11:22 AM

We went Saturday and will be going to the UVA game. I saw very few tents and there really weren’t many people around at all. Honestly, the biggest deterrent is the fact the lots aren’t open until 3 hours prior. With that and the stadium entry window, it’s really not worth the work of setting up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a single tent in Lot 2

Sep 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

nm

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's simple really, don't bring a foooking tent, it's

Sep 22, 2020, 2:18 PM

against the rules and people who try to circumvent them for their own selfish reasons will just ruin it for the rest of us...If you can't tailgate without one, stay the foook home

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic