Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC, the only DAs that refuse to protect their premier program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,489

The ACC, the only DAs that refuse to protect their premier program

Dec 13, 2020, 7:39 PM

B1G protects OSU. SEC protects Bama. But the ACC can't wait to wrap its mouth around the 1 year member Irish's little shillelagh with no regard for its only shot a relevance in College Football. F you Swofford!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PROTECT US? They go out of their way to screw us whenever

Dec 13, 2020, 7:43 PM

possible. No Clemson fan past a particular age will EVER forget the ACC tacking on an extra year of bowl probation ABOVE AND BEYOND what the NCAA gave us during the Danny Ford probation years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PROTECT US? They go out of their way to screw us whenever

Dec 13, 2020, 8:01 PM

And the worst part is Ford was never implicated in anything. It was all done by Charlie Pell who went down to Florida and did the same thing and screwed them after screwing us!

That probation that came down in 1989 was a total joke also. They spent over a year in Clemson and couldn’t find anything but they said you’re on probation for one year even though they were zero sanctions! So they can’t find anything but they put you on probation anyway!

Unless of course your name is North Carolina and you commit widespread academic fraud and they let you walk without even a slap on the wrist because technically there’s no rule against that. Never mind they have that little catchall thing called lack of institutional control! And in this case it wasn’t Just a lack of institutional control in the athletic department but the university has a whole! Any school not named Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, maybe one or two more would have been given the death penalty! The entire athletic department!

Don’t even get me started on Duke. Their basketball players can get a degree with less than 100 credit hours. The bare minimum to qualify as a full-time student is 12 credits per semester which is 96 credits for four years. And most of the classes the basketball players take are “independent studies “ which means not going to class and basically turning in a book report. So Duke goes around acting like their basketball players are these geniuses that are getting this great degree from Duke and all they’re doing is requiring that they meet the minimum standard to be a full-time student.

When I was at Clemson in the 80s it took at least 124 credit hours maybe 126 to get a Clemson degree. That was the minimum. Some majors required more credits. Engineering for example. Architecture. The accounting program is now a five-year program, whereas back then it was a four year program. I haven’t looked at a catalog in years, but that was the minimum number of credit hours in the academic catalog back in the 1980s at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't vouch for any other program, but I can ASSURE

Dec 13, 2020, 8:10 PM

you, it took 144 credit hours to get a Chem E degree in 1976. I had one whole extra one, One fortify.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you feel the ACC should be doing to protect us?

Dec 13, 2020, 7:48 PM

And what do we need protecting from?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Ed Zachary. Nobody has ever had our back and thankfully we don’t need them to.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:05 PM

Dabo has this and he isn’t skeered.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC, the only DAs that refuse to protect their premier program

Dec 13, 2020, 8:55 PM

81TigerS16 said:

B1G protects OSU. SEC protects Bama. But the ACC can't wait to wrap its mouth around the 1 year member Irish's little shillelagh with no regard for its only shot a relevance in College Football. F you Swofford!

Absolutely, and I would absolutely love to tell swofford F U, at a distance of about 1 foot from his face!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,489
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic