Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Direct Football playing/attending gms Covid-19 Stats?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,322

Any Direct Football playing/attending gms Covid-19 Stats?

Nov 30, 2020, 9:08 PM

The general - non playing football population and non football attending population is experiencing a spike in cases.
Does anyone know if there is data "directly and exclusively related to infection rates as a result of being on a football team or attending a football game"?

Sports is our distraction! It takes our minds away from the harsh reality of everyday life at least for a couple of hours. More if you get on message boards or watch sports shows talking about sports.

I think football on all levels has put in place strong safety measures. I think an over abundance of caution has been shown.
My only thing is there seems to be a mindset out there that football/basketball even using known measures to slow the spread of the virus are vehicles that lead to the spread! Which is not true at all!
Cases were spiking and going crazy when things were shut down - "with no sports"!
You take chances every time you start your car and drive! Or walk down the street. Or go to school or work.
These athletes probably get tested 2 or 3 times more than the Average American does. And, are likely far safer than the average American. Not just because they are in good shape; but because of all the things in place.
As others have commented about the impending doom of: "Another Shut Down"! I can't help but SMH at the thought of going back to no sports! Especially during a time when "we need the distraction"!

I don't feel guilty about it either - not when players are in far better hands medically and resource wise.
It would be a real tragedy to shut it down at this point anyway - when there is a vaccine on the horizon.
The virus isn't going anywhere - you just hope as a sports fan. Well, I hope as a sports fan, "fear doesn't win out"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Direct Football playing/attending gms Covid-19 Stats?

Nov 30, 2020, 9:14 PM

Yes. 100% of all people that arrive in Tallahassee have COVID-19......and the game is canceled.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 9:18 PM

Gumby® said:

Yes. 100% of all people that arrive in Tallahassee have COVID-19......and the game is canceled.

LOL! I'll risk it - come on and play ball! We'll play football with our mask on and MOPP Gear!

Nov 30, 2020, 9:30 PM

I had to run 2 miles in MOPP Gear one time in Germany. One the the hardest things I’ve ever done. I was inhaling so hard my eyelashes were touching the glass on the mask.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:52 PM

Gumby® said:

I had to run 2 miles in MOPP Gear one time in Germany. One the the hardest things I’ve ever done. I was inhaling so hard my eyelashes were touching the glass on the mask.

Whoa! It's times like that; that makes you wonder if people realize some of the "everyday and small" sacrifices people make to help secure and keep their freedom? It isn't always, jumping on a grenade or getting shot.
It's tough work! Thank you for your service!

FSU could use some toughness I think! At least whoever is advising them on Covid-19 issues! Mental toughness!

The Biggest effect is being tested./

Nov 30, 2020, 10:57 PM

99% of the people that they say have it have to be tested and told that they have it.

Dec 1, 2020, 5:06 PM

to answer your question, I have not seen a single article that mentions linkage between attending a college or NFL game and spread...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic