Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's updated Playoff picture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson's updated Playoff picture

Nov 30, 2020, 4:08 PM

Clemson's updated Playoff picture

Clemson heads into the second College Football Playoff rankings Tuesday still well-positioned to play its way into final top-four. The CFP rankings slotted Clem Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's updated Playoff picture

Nov 30, 2020, 4:19 PM

That picture will change bc ND won't be in the playoffs after we kick their A$$ in the ACCCG!!!! 50-1 odds ND will not be 1 of the 4 playoff teams!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 5:27 PM

Lol, 50 to 1? That's is Canada Dry
BOLD!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boba guts makes no sense

Nov 30, 2020, 4:51 PM

Clemson is no. 3 with 1 loss. We can only move up with a win vs. ND, whereas a loss will drop us out. We won’t be no. 4 this season.

Re: Boba guts makes no sense

Nov 30, 2020, 5:34 PM

Beat Notre Dame and get ready the grand daddy of th all, The Rose bowl. The only major bowl game trophy that missing from Clemson's trophy case. OSU better pray they get left out because they will lose to the best after going out west.

Ohio St needs to quit after that grueling 4 game schedule***

Nov 30, 2020, 5:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way I see it

Nov 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

Bama's season is pretty much over. There's no real challenge left for them. They'll get Florida in the SEC title game and make quick work. So they're number 1 and will choose Sugar.

I don't think Ohio State is going to be eligible. I'm not sure how the committee will grade them, but things are shutting down in Big Ten country and the Buckeyes won't make it in because they won't have enough games played (with the rules that are in place AS OF RIGHT NOW. They could adjust things to give OSU some leeway).

If we win out, beat ND in the ACC title game, we get the number 2 spot. ND will only have the one loss (to us) and will fall to 4 to avoid an immediate rematch in the Rose Bowl. If we lose to ND, they'll be 2 and we'll be left out in the cold.

This leaves open the number 3 spot. I think right now, Texas A&M has the best opportunity to win their remaining games and get that spot. If they lose a game, Florida could sneak in even after a loss to Bama.

It's gonna be crazy down the stretch, especially if Florida or Texas A&M slip up. Cincy could get their shot.

Re: The way I see it

Nov 30, 2020, 6:36 PM

MY FELLOW TIGERS....I awoke this morning from an alarming dream....Notre Dame will invoke
the can't play rule due to loss of essential player and can't play the acc championship game!!!! Why should that be a problem, NOTRE DAME WILL BE 9-0 and Clemson will be 9-1!!!
NOW N>D> wins the ACC!!!!NOW WHAT HAPPENS?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 30, 2020, 7:29 PM

Now I thought Michigan coukd FSU Ohio State but did not connect your dots. Swafford woukd love it as his going away present to Clemson. Someone please explain how this can not or will not happen

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Nov 30, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The way I see it ]

Now I thought Michigan coukd FSU Ohio State but did not connect your dots. Swafford woukd love it as his going away present to Clemson. Someone please explain how this can not or will not happen

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

The Nut Necklaces should NOT be ranked in the Top 4. Their

Nov 30, 2020, 6:53 PM

2020 schedule proves exactly nothing, They had to hang on to beat the only team on their schedule with a pulse.

As wacky as 2020 has been, it would be a real capper if the Falling Down Khakis were to beat them this week. That would end any playoff talk about them, I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 10:01 AM

Cincy's being on the bubble reminds me of how I preferred them to Louisville to replace MD. I still do. Solid basketball school, mostly solid--and occasionally very good--football school. And the state of Ohio (though we've made good inroads there anyway).

If ND doesn't get in after we win the ACCCG, then I'm hoping (in vain?) for an undefeated Cincy. It would be interesting to see how competitive they could be with us "elites."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic