Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot football coach tidbits from Charleston sports radio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Coot football coach tidbits from Charleston sports radio

Nov 16, 2020, 1:53 PM

The Fox sports guy in Cola Mike Uva (sp) is the guy who broke the news yesterday that Muschamp was fired so his interview on Charleston sports radio at 1pm today carries some weight.
He said things began to look bad for Muschamp after the LSU loss and has been going downhill since then. He said Coot Pres and BOT wanted to let Muschamp go weeks ago but Ray Tanner resisted until the Ole Miss loss. Buyout negotiations can take maybe 2 weeks but will be around $13M.

Tanner now wants an offensive minded HC. On new coach prospects he said Hugh Freeze has let it be known that he DOES have interest in the job. Freeze knows he may be blackballed in the SEC right now but he would be willing to take the job and be paid "under market value" just to prove he would be a good fit and that he has changed. Mike said there are definitely members on the board that do not want Freeze but he was not sure exactly how many people that was and maybe they could be out voted. It has been discussed earlier that the SEC must OK any Hugh Freeze hirings since he has a shady past with hookers and cheating.

Take it for what it's worth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hookers and Cheating, Sounds Like a Perfect Cultural Fit

Nov 16, 2020, 1:59 PM

Goes great with handjobs, Portajohn sex and Doo Doo Ice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Sporting News, has a list of 7 candidates

Nov 16, 2020, 2:19 PM

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/south-carolina-coaching-candidates-replace-will-mushamp/15gb1tvd8owo31w6bgychkhv1f

I'm betting on Chadwell. Low risk, low $$ hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: The Sporting News, has a list of 7 candidates

Nov 16, 2020, 3:11 PM

Don't forget, Cootland is the Del Boca Vista retirement community for college football coaches. For those who take the job, it's the last one in D-1 football they will ever have.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True dat, but they could buck the trend

Nov 16, 2020, 5:34 PM

and do a Dabo-like thing by hiring a young unproven coach. Heck, Chadwell has more experience than Dabo did. Can he recruit and compete at an SEC level? Remains to be seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The fact they're even remotely considering that scumbag...

Nov 16, 2020, 2:34 PM

speaks volumes.

If they hire Freeze the Sleaze, he'll have them in trouble with the NCAA and on probation within three to four years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The fact they're even remotely considering that scumbag...

Nov 16, 2020, 4:26 PM

If you want sleez why not hire Petrino

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sarkisian is their man..

Nov 16, 2020, 4:34 PM

if smart!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So LBB is going with the drunk over the pervert?***

Nov 16, 2020, 7:08 PM

So LBB is going with the drunk over the pervert?***

Nov 16, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Sarkisian is their man.. ]

Re: Coot football coach tidbits from Charleston sports radio

Nov 16, 2020, 6:25 PM

Good list. My guess as to who is on their short list.

1. I'm guessing Napier and Freeze are their top two candidates. I have no idea which one is first. My gut tells me that Napier isn't interested. But, I'm not so sure about Freeze. He may be interested or even eager to take the job.

2. Others, in no particular order: Sarkesian, Chadwell, Huepel

3. Dark Horses (for some reason I think these guys might be at least on their radar): Rhett Lashlee (OC at Miami) and Brian Johnson (OC at Florida).

I just thought of Johnson about 30 minutes ago. Haven't heard anyone mention him. But, why not? The Florida offense is this year's version of LSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot football coach tidbits from Charleston sports radio

Nov 16, 2020, 9:03 PM

Good insight.
If the hookers didn’t end his career in the SEC, the USuC job will.

Was Freeze coaching Ole Miss during the mama Kimdiche handouts?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic