Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The most disappointing thing....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,098

The most disappointing thing....

Jan 4, 2021, 5:39 PM

from the Sugar bowl is not something new, but was something that truly made me want to pull my hair out. I'm not talking about the obvious things that have been discussed to death, I'm talking about timeout management and the lack thereof. We took 2 timeouts into halftime, and did not use a single one in the 3rd quarter. How many of you did the same thing when you could clearly see the guys not set and OSU already at the line ready to snap the ball? I'd rather use all 6 timeouts in the game and actually give our guys an additional chance to refocus than to leave them out there to dry.

The play where Turner had his eyes in the backfield and let the receiver get over the top of him with Kendrick one on one? If I'm not mistaken, the far right WR was brought in motion slightly pre-snap so they could get a read on what coverage we were in. As soon as they saw zone coverage, they attacked.

Obviously there is some needed evaluation that Dabo needs to do with his staff, but he really needs to analyze is timeout management, because the amount of games where we have taken timeouts into the locker room is not exactly reassuring.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most disappointing thing....

Jan 4, 2021, 5:50 PM

Time -Out.
We would have need 3 time out's a quarter to stop OSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:51 PM

agreed, but at least use all 6 that we have. Young guys getting to see the exact setup of the offense twice cannot hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 6:10 PM

Timeouts could have perhaps slowed the bucknuts down but the absolutely pitiful play of our secondary was the root cause of the bludgeoning. We were out of position on almost every play, the coaching by our two secondary guys is suspect at best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic