Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC

Nov 24, 2020, 8:21 AM

Championship and we beat Notre Dame in the ACC Championship and you have four very deserving one loss teams plus a turd in the punch bowl Ohio State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida will get in over ND, just because it's the SEC! It means more!!

Nov 24, 2020, 8:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohcryio State Would Be Out as They Have Weakest Resume

Nov 24, 2020, 8:41 AM

and least number of games played. And have a history of losing in 1st Round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d love to see the committee tell them that verbatim

Nov 24, 2020, 12:27 PM

OOOO-CRY-OooooOoooOooo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There would be more support on TNet to expand CFP***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There would be more support on TNet to expand CFP***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:55 AM

Post again please so we can see 10,000!

We will win ACC & Natty! 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

The committee has historically chosen league champions......

Nov 24, 2020, 8:55 AM

over other teams. Power 5 conference champs are chosen first. In your scenario it would be ohio st, clemson, florida, and then whoever is left. I think Alabama has gotten in twice as an at large so I think they get in over ND. And they are a better team regardless of conference affiliation.

Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC

Nov 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

Can we go ahead and put to rest the idea that Ohio St plays and wins the remainder of their scheduled games and then gets left out of the playoff?

If they sit at 8-0, then OSU is getting in the playoff and there is no way around it no matter who else has 1 or no losses.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:27 AM

The more interesting question would be, "What if NW wins out and beats Ohio State in the championship?" Who sits out then.

SEC Champ: UF (not gonna happen, no matter how many points they score, Bama will score more. The Gator defense is horrible.)

ACC Champ: Clemson

Big Ten Champ: NW

Pac 12 champ: Oregon (just for fun, assume they finish undefeated)

Who gets left out?

My guess is the 4 teams selected would be:
Clemson, Florida, NW, and Bama

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:08 AM

The twist in there is that Notre Dame is also sitting at 1 loss with a win over a playoff team.

It could be a tough argument at this point to tout any Florida win over Notre Dame beating Clemson.

I think in that scenario, the Notre Dame, Florida, and Oregon argument gets REALLY interesting.

I think ND’s problem would be.....

Nov 24, 2020, 10:53 AM

That they beat ‘injury riddled Clemson without Trevor’.
And then you’d look at their schedule and be hard pressed to find another ‘big’ win.
If Florida wins out and beats Bama, they are in over Notre Dame.
The conference championship games are so close to the playoff games this year, I think they will be viewed as ‘elimination games’. And rightfully so. I do think Bama would be one school that might get a pass.
But it depends on what everyone else does.

Re: I think ND’s problem would be.....

Nov 24, 2020, 11:38 AM

My worry is ND sees this scenario and plays with even more purpose and desperation than they did the first game.

No need to worry about that....

Nov 24, 2020, 11:48 AM

I’m not really sure it’s possible for a team to go to a conference championship game and give anything less than their absolute best.
And they will be hearing the ‘but, Trevor didn’t play’ stuff leading up to it.
Neutral field with both teams fully loaded...I’ll take Clemson all day.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC ]

Absolutely!

In fact, their league set their schedule up so that they could minimize anything getting in the way of that. The Big10 knew they were behind from the start, which added to the risk of the league not having a CFP participant. So, they made sure that OSU got the easiest schedule they could in the league, virtually handing them an 8-0 finish. They’re in.

Then Florida gets a spot in the Clemson Invitational.***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:56 AM

Nov 24, 2020, 10:13 AM

you'll wake up and realize it was just a dream

Nov 24, 2020, 10:14 AM

Seems clear to me. UF, Bama and aTm are the top three seeds (it just means more) with OSU being sent to Rose Bowl since they cannot realistically spin UGa being in.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:08 AM

^^^This one gets it

Nov 24, 2020, 10:18 AM

we would be in a lot of trouble if the ACC title game got cancelled. That loss to ND was huge, we could have held onto the Number#1 ranking and ridden the season out without playing another game.

the Good news is that Bama is far too good up front for the Gators to Handle them. I give Bama about an 80% to win this assuming both teams are at full strength.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a great point about the ACCCG

Nov 24, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So what happens if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC ]

Can't take for granted that the game will even happen as scheduled. Is the backup plan to play it Christmas week - if there is a backup plan in place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:29 AM

I don’t think you’re scenario is likely, but that’s why they play the games, right?

In my view the biggest unknown is how the committee will weigh number of games played as part of an overall resume. How will they evaluate an undefeated OHSt for example versus a 1-loss, 11-win, non-champion team?

Experience suggests they go with OHSt, because, well they’re OHSt.

Nov 24, 2020, 10:29 AM

I don’t think you’re scenario is likely, but that’s why they play the games, right?

In my view the biggest unknown is how the committee will weigh number of games played as part of an overall resume. How will they evaluate an undefeated OHSt for example versus a 1-loss, 11-win, non-champion team?

Experience suggests they go with OHSt, because, well they’re OHSt.

Yo DD, you stutter?***

Nov 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

Re: Yo DD, you stutter?******

Nov 24, 2020, 11:48 AM

SEC gets 2***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:41 AM

That means both Florida and Alabama get in the playoffs.***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That means both Florida and Alabama get in the playoffs.***

Nov 24, 2020, 11:33 AM

And there sits A&M with one loss, to Alabama, having already beaten Florida. Juicy!

Clemson needs to absolutely pound Notre Dame in that game

Nov 24, 2020, 10:51 AM

if possible. It sux that they won't up the crowd size for that game to at least the same standard that they allow at death valley. Such a monumental ACC Championship game finally and no one can go.

Re: Clemson needs to absolutely pound Notre Dame in that game

Nov 24, 2020, 11:01 AM

If the NC governor Roy Cooper has his way, he’ll cancel that game! Dude Is ?? nuts!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

and yet he won is race again?!? Who are these people voting

Nov 24, 2020, 11:27 AM

for that idiot? I couldn't believe it when i saw that. The guy has been horrible at his job. He pushed the gender fluid bathroom thing a couple of years ago too. After the handful of sexual assaults that occurred after that the issue died back down. People have a hard time with simple common sense these days and its really not a laughing matter anymore. Its really just scary how gullible the public can be.

Re: Clemson needs to absolutely pound Notre Dame in that game

Nov 24, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Clemson needs to absolutely pound Notre Dame in that game ]

Clemson will not pound in that game. It will be a dogfight, just like the first one.

It should be apparent to everyone now that ND’s front lines, on both sides of the ball, are too good to pounded by anyone. I give them a lot of credit for making other teams play to their games, to offset the lack of explosiveness of their skill players.

LOL

Nov 24, 2020, 11:16 AM

Considering all the personnel we were missing and still should have won the game......Id say its very possible to win by multiple scores.

Re: LOL

Nov 24, 2020, 12:03 PM

Look, all I’m saying is expect that this is going to be very close. I’ve been watching ND, even if I’m not a fan of theirs. I am a begrudging admirer though, for several primary reasons:
1. Their fronts on both side of the line are very very good. Big and experienced, as a unit, not in terms of any individual superstars status.
2. Their balance between offense and defense is very strong, arguably the best in the country
3. Kelly has done an excellent job of coaching this particular team
4. Ian Book has really developed into one of those effective quiet leaders. He doesn’t look especially athletic but his ability to evade the pass rush (not just against us) is maddening.
5. ND is progressing each week. We know as well as anyone, when you are hitting your peak is a huge factor on the quest to a natty.

Can’t emphasize enough, this is begrudging admiration on my part. I think ND has a very good shot at winning it all, if they make teams play their game (like they did against us) and if they don’t fall behind early (like they did against us in the Cotton Bowl two years ago). Catch up ball is not their strength.

Is that why ETN threw the ball into the defenders hands at

Nov 24, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson needs to absolutely pound Notre Dame in that game ]

the beginning of the game for a tD? That was flukey/crazy play that had it not occurred we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Notre Dame is are really good team. So was Alabama in 2017 championship game. Good teams can be beaten down at any moment (including Clemson.) To eliminate the discussion of Clemson being a borderline #4 team they need to play their best game of the year in the ACCCG and win by at least 2 TDs to do that. Venables is a gamer when it comes to scheming up a team that we played previously. I think we have a good chance at playing lights out against ND if given teh chance..provided we are fully funded like they were.

Florida has roughly zero chance of beating Bama

Nov 24, 2020, 11:14 AM

Florida is a giant fraud, and that game will demonstrate just how big.

Nov 24, 2020, 6:46 PM

ACC championship margin of victory will matter.

If we beat ND like a drum, they are out.

Otherwise, it's a toss up between them and Alabama and most likely it's Alabama.

I'd be fine with expanding to 6 or 8 if it makes sense this year.

Include Cinci if they are undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eSECpn goes on suicide watch!***

Nov 25, 2020, 9:52 AM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic