Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The crazy thing about the Lincoln project...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The crazy thing about the Lincoln project...

Nov 2, 2020, 3:55 PM

is as soon as this election is over they will start hammering the incumbent. And in four years, if Biden won this one and is running against a real republican - they will be hammering Biden.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The crazy thing about the Lincoln project...

Nov 2, 2020, 4:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They say what they are...

Nov 2, 2020, 4:03 PM

They see Graham as a Trump sycophant who sold out his party for sucking Trump off. They have announced that they are opposing Trump and anyone they view as a Trump "enabler."

They will be anti-Biden on day one if he wins in order to set up the possibility of a R winning in 2024.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They say what they are...

Nov 2, 2020, 4:21 PM

They aren't supporting all dems though...

Nov 2, 2020, 4:23 PM

just dems running against people who were sellouts to Trump.

They will not be running these kinds of ads in 2024. They may change the name of the PAC, but it's not like these guys all suddenly became democrats.

Have you ever listened to them?

Nov 2, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The crazy thing about the Lincoln project... ]

Not everything is a conspiracy. They just hate what Republicans have turned into

They are nobodies who hate Trump to the point of mental illness.***

Nov 2, 2020, 5:14 PM

null

They see a populist and not a conservative/Republican

Nov 3, 2020, 4:28 AM

They're not wrong IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh huh. So don’t vote for him.

Nov 3, 2020, 7:49 AM

I’m not sure exactly what that means since “conservative” gets butchered a lot. I’m fairly confident these guys aren’t social conservatives demanding a return to a more evangelical slant to the party. So perhaps fiscal? Trump slashes plenty of budgets and lowered taxes. He got government out of a few places it doesn’t need to be. Only a child looks for ideological perfection. Certainly the high level political operatives they claim to be should not.

No...it’s purely personal. They hate the guy. I’m sure he stepped on their toes. Or perhaps it is completely cynical. They don’t believe in anything, but they know they can get tons of money from Democrats by marketing themselves as some huge republican purist resistance to evil Trump. Whatever it is, they are a farce. Perhaps an effective farce, but a farce none the less.

null

And to further that last point...

Nov 2, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Have you ever listened to them? ]

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/10/31/the-republican-party-has-lurched-towards-populism-and-illiberalism

Well, that formatting is crap. Sorry.***

Nov 2, 2020, 6:59 PM

Re: Well, that formatting is crap. Sorry.***

Nov 2, 2020, 1:24 PM

Just tell me what is going on with that and what we should make of it if you don't mind. Thanks.

From the link...

Nov 2, 2020, 7:28 PM

"President Donald Trump has steered America’s conservative party towards protectionism and xenophobia, while disregarding norms of political behaviour at home and abroad, and weakening liberal values and institutions."

"Republicans have become more populist and less liberal under Mr Trump’s leadership than at any time in recent history."

With that context, the chart should make more sense to you.

Thank you

Nov 2, 2020, 7:32 PM

nm

Disagree with the Tea Party being populist.

Nov 3, 2020, 4:32 AM [ in reply to And to further that last point... ]

It's failure though led conservatives to resort to populism. Liberals would be wise(r) to understand that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The smart thing would be to get started building

Nov 2, 2020, 4:05 PM

back a real GOP. Dump the trumpies and QAnon whackos and support candidates that are grounded in conservative ideals.

Like McCain! And Romney! And Bob Dole!

Nov 2, 2020, 4:14 PM

$0.50 to franc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes! All 3 would have beaten Hillary.***

Nov 2, 2020, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^wrongagain^^^***

Nov 2, 2020, 4:57 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Like McCain! And Romney! And Bob Dole!

Nov 2, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Like McCain! And Romney! And Bob Dole! ]

I believe that's 4 bits in franc speak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean sane people? People that understand the

Nov 2, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Like McCain! And Romney! And Bob Dole! ]

obligation of servant leadership? People that know how to lead? Then, h3ll yes!

It's hard to lead when you ain't elected.***

Nov 2, 2020, 6:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I'm not mistaken, all of those people held

Nov 2, 2020, 6:25 PM

elected office. Maybe not POTUS, but they all have/had proven leadership skills.

And quit nit pickin', the point is the quality of the individual.

Nit picking?

Nov 2, 2020, 6:29 PM

I'm pointing out that the very people you defined in your post belly flopped when they ran for the big office.

Point being, Bush might be the closest to what you described, and if you count him, traditional Republicans of that mold won 2 of the past 7 elections. They're unelectable. So now what?

Winning and losing the WH is not the end of the world. The

Nov 2, 2020, 6:58 PM

point is the quality of individual needed to fill the role. I would rather neither party nominate an uneducated, morally bereft, self-absorbed arrogant a-hole going forward. We did it last time and we have this the worst version of America I've seen in my lifetime. Listen to your podcasts and programs and they can blame the dumbocrats, or whatever the insult of the week is, but the responsibility falls clearly in this administration's manicured front lawn...don't mind the lambo or ferraris up on blocks, either...the dumbocrats left those.

Hillary would've been a one-termer as well, she may have been better educated but she had plenty of the self absorbed arrogance, the same as Trump and she would've gotten smoked no matter who ran against her.

I just don't agree with you that non-shiddy people are unelectable. Values count in this country, and the fact that the GOP embraced someone as vile as Trump is mindboggling to me. Not only to get him in office, but covering his butt after every screw up, every dumb thing he said, every asinine policy he latched onto.

Politicians ain't gotta be saints, few are...but they gotta be better than Trump.

So, do you think Trump could have won in 96, 08, or 12?

Nov 2, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Nit picking? ]

Could he have beaten Bill or Obama? Because if you infer that Dole, McCain and Romney can’t win the big one. Don’t you have to consider the strength of the opposition?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold on, you’re zigging when I’m zagging.

Nov 2, 2020, 11:07 PM

Not saying it’s about Trump. I’m saying it’s voters, time and time again, rejecting the traditional establishment GOP Candidates.

To try and answer your question, I don’t think anyone was winning against Bill in 96. I think 12 was a gimme putt and Romney blew it. I think 08 could have been a lot closer but McCain was absolutely the wrong guy.

I hope they stick with the wackos like Trump

Nov 2, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to The smart thing would be to get started building ]

and continue to alienate large swaths of the American Electorate.

At least for a couple of election cycles so that voter repudiation of the party gets it completely out of their system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would prefer the GOP to flush all of the

Nov 2, 2020, 6:30 PM

trump turds out of office ASAP. Their appreciation of stupidity and arrogance is horrifically opposed to real conservatism and a representative of the worst parts of America. There are plenty of respectable conservative politicians out there, it's time for them to do their jobs.

They've been so timid and enabling, I don't see how they

Nov 2, 2020, 7:35 PM

learn their lessons without a significant and prolonged setback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand why you have that sentiment.

Nov 2, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I hope they stick with the wackos like Trump ]

Tina said she didn’t want to leave Ike for a while too.

Nov 2, 2020, 4:28 PM

I don't think they will do anything for the first 2 to 3 years. Why waste the money and time? They will probably get back to their regular lives.

the grifters will need a paycheck***

Nov 2, 2020, 4:57 PM

Re: the grifters will need a paycheck***

Nov 2, 2020, 4:59 PM

They have full time jobs. They were already successful.

like what? (admittingly, Crass doesnt know, or care)***

Nov 2, 2020, 5:00 PM

Re: like what? (admittingly, Crass doesnt know, or care)***

Nov 2, 2020, 5:10 PM

Lawyers, communication and public affairs strategists, authors, TV appearances, podcasts, political consultants, marketing and brand strategists, etc etc. They were all very successful and just doing this on the side.

a lot of future employment depends on if they're on the outs

Nov 2, 2020, 6:27 PM

with whatever the powers that be emerge in the Republican party.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have acknowledged that they will not be able

Nov 2, 2020, 7:26 PM

to get jobs in the Republican party for the foreseeable future

sounds like bullsh&&&t***

Nov 2, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: like what? (admittingly, Crass doesnt know, or care)*** ]

Re: sounds like bullsh&&&t***

Nov 3, 2020, 6:33 AM

Which aspect? I knew who they were generally before the Lincoln Project even existed. Sounds like you didn't and still don't.

Nov 2, 2020, 6:36 PM

Are you guys really refusing to acknowledge that Trump has never really been a Republican - he doesn't know or understand anything but his own selfish motives.

And lots of legitimate Republicans/conservatives have long been disgruntled about him scribbling outsides the lines and putting their party (& the country) at risk. They understand that we all will be better off when we get this totally unqualified reality TV ham out of power.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic