Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney

Dec 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney

Wait a few minutes and watch social media and you will see where the Big Ten changes another rule that helps Ohio State make the College Football Playoff, whether it’s changing the number of games played or changing its own COVID-19 protocols. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney isn’t fooled but thinks the Tigers might have an advantage when it comes to playing a higher number of games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will guaran-d@mn-tee you one thing...

Dec 22, 2020, 8:17 AM

if the roles were reversed and say Texas A&M had only played six games, was sitting at No. 4 in the CFP poll with a record of 6 - 0, and their league granted all sorts of dispensations in an attempt to keep them there, and the Bucknuts were 10 - 1 sitting at No. 5, you could best your last dollar that Cryin' Day would be b!tching, moaning, whining and complaining about how the number of games played really does matter and the OcryO State should be No. 4 and in the CFP. He's so full of $#!7, his eyes are brown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

On the flip side what would we be saying if we were 6-0

Dec 22, 2020, 8:37 AM

and hoping to get in? Would we say "no thanks, we don't deserve it at 6-0."? I think not! I think the fax machines would be cranking!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I think we would. We are Clemson and we don't

Dec 22, 2020, 9:02 AM

do what all the other idiots in college football do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually I think we would. We are Clemson and we don't

Dec 22, 2020, 9:10 AM

Come on, don't be that naive. We were the preseason #1 team this year. If you honestly think if we were only able to play 6 games this year that our team, and especially our fans would be saying we don't deserve to be in then you're living in a fantasy world. I still agree with Dabo about the number of games played, but certainly don't think he'd be voting his own team #11 if the situation were reversed.

They made their bed when their conference

Dec 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

Delayed start of season. There should be consequences. But no, not in todays snowflake society. So BRING EM ON!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They made their bed when their conference

Dec 22, 2020, 1:45 PM

That has been my position all along. The B1G seriously thought that if they canceled there season that the entire country would follow suit. The fact that the committee and ESPN didn't send a clear message to the conference and OSU that this sport and Division 1 football is bigger than "THE Ohio State University" is disappointing.

I don't know if A&M was the right choice, or if it should have been a Group of 5, but it should not have been OSU, out of principle.

We as individuals rarely get to dictate terms in these types of things. Why should one conference think that they get to be in the driver's seat for the 2020/21 Football Season.

That said, OSU's coaches and players wanted to go from day one.

On a different note, if OSU isn't going to penalized for COVID issues...fingers crossed that Trevor Lawrence will get the same treatment. I think that most would agree that the trophy has lost some of it's weight/importance since Johnny Manzel won. Since then, they have been playing it safe and making it a trophy for the QB/RB for the Number 1 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They made their bed when their conference

Dec 22, 2020, 2:33 PM

The Big 10 is a microcosm of our world. They set rules and try to be morally superior to the rest of us because they know best, but when those same rules that they made go against them, they are suddenly changed. Five games instead of 6 to play for the conference championship. Now, 17 instead of 21 days for Covid-19 protocol,,etc....
Bunch of corrupt, righteous, hypocrites.

There would be some of that sure, but...

Dec 22, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to On the flip side what would we be saying if we were 6-0 ]

the ACC would never in a million years, certainly not under John Swofford's leadership, bend over backwards to accommodate Clemson the way the B1G has done for OcryO State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now THAT is a certainty!

Dec 22, 2020, 9:21 AM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now THAT is a certainty!

Dec 22, 2020, 11:39 AM

Speaking of Swofford, why didn’t he present the ACC trophy to Dabo

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now THAT is a certainty!

Dec 22, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Now THAT is a certainty! ]

Speaking of Swofford, why didn’t he present the ACC trophy to Dabo

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to There would be some of that sure, but... ]

Not by the ACC, NCAA, federal government, Russia, or anyone else.

No one is trying to keep Clemson from being successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That wasn't the implication...

Dec 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

I was merely stating the obvious.

Re: There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson.

Dec 22, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson. ]

If North Carolina was playing he would have been there in my
Opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

You must be under 40 if you believe that.

Dec 22, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson. ]

The punitive extra year of probation slapped on Clemson in 1982 over and above the already maximum severity leveled by the NCAA was absolutely an effort to keep Clemson down.

We did not deserve the unwarranted extra punishment be the conference.

It was definitely a vindictive conspiracy by the various conference schools against Clemson.

Those who dispute this are fools.

And with UNCheat AD Swofford leading the parade!!***

Dec 22, 2020, 8:06 PM

Re: There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson.

Dec 23, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to There isn’t a conspiracy against Clemson. ]

"No one is trying to keep Clemson from being successful"

Ohio State will be on Jan 1st.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This & this AGAIN!***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to There would be some of that sure, but... ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: On the flip side what would we be saying if we were 6-0

Dec 23, 2020, 6:38 AM [ in reply to On the flip side what would we be saying if we were 6-0 ]

Ummm, the whole point is that, under Dabo we have been proactive. The B1G was anything but.

We don't sit and watch other teams go 5-0, 6-0 or 5-1 before we even put the ball on the tee the first time.

Clemson's players led, others followed, still others opted out. Buckeye players had to motivate their league to allow them to play a half season--IOW, as few games as possible to still be considered for the CFP. Suddenly the opt-outs found a reason to honor the scholarship that had become gratis to them.

I disagree that Dabo would have lobbied at 6-0. Dabo will always insist that we earn our benefits. "Remove all doubt." Under previous coaches, Clemson would have waited...and hoped...and lobbied...and been left out. Dabo is proactive about getting in a complete body of work. If we get left out now, it's because we didn't earn it.

That's that MBA in action.

Re: I will guaran-d@mn-tee you one thing...

Dec 22, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to I will guaran-d@mn-tee you one thing... ]

Yes sir, if the shoe was on the other foot, Day wouldn't be happy at all with it either. But it is, and it has been that Ocryo always gets to wear the silver slipper, even when other programs were more deserving, and that treatment gets really old, really quick!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Cryin Day***

Dec 22, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I will guaran-d@mn-tee you one thing... ]

+1 for Cryin Day. Good stuff.***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:15 PM [ in reply to I will guaran-d@mn-tee you one thing... ]

Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney

Dec 22, 2020, 12:03 PM

When I played, I had more sprained and broken fingers after 11 games than I had after 6 games.

Dec 22, 2020, 12:57 PM

My take on this is if Ohio State would have played Illinois ,Maryland, and Rutgers ,they would have smashed all 3 of them ,been 9-0 and maybe ranked higher than a 10-1 Clemson ...so clemson should be happy OSU only played 6 . Now im a Gamecock fan and we are 2-0 vs NutNecklace as well ..I just hope you Clemson fans arent too overconfident or we will have a higher winning percentage against thenm than u after Jan 1 ...just saying GO #####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 22, 2020, 1:06 PM

Stupid Coot.

3 more games of wear and tear. Anything could happen.

Dec 22, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney ]

Stoopid Coot!!

thank you again for reinforcing how stupid you coots are.***

Dec 22, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney ]

Beating Ohio State, or any team for that matter. twice in the college football playoff is something you guys will never do.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney ]

What about your winning % vs Clemson?????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio State’s number of games played huge factor to Dabo Swinney ]

Somebody left the door open again....

Dec 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

I think that the six (6) game issue isn't the issue at all. I think the BIG problem is how they have changed the Covid Protocol, from the very first when they said that the BiG 10 was not going to play, then when the ACC and other leagues were almost half way through the season and the BIG 10 sees there is going to be a CFP, then they begin! Next the BIG 10 changes the rules to simply accommodate the Buckeyes again, by changing the Big 10 Championship game requirements. Now they have changed the Covid Protocol so that Ohio State can have all their players available for the playoffs. That's on the BIG 10 not "the Ohio State University", however they do call the shots in that league to favor the Bucks. All that being said, I'm glad Ohio State is our opponent, because when we play them, we always win!!
And lastly, I think Dabo did the right thing, they should not get the same consideration as the other teams in the running, not for the number of games they played but how the BIG 10 handled the whole situation, and the committee should have said, "due to the late start by the BiG 10 and their change in policy throughout this entire season, we will not be considering any of their teams for the playoffs"! However, that takes "stones" and the committee will never have those, due to the politics and the TV financial payouts, that are afforded some teams over others.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 12:41 PM

Me thinks Dabo is very confident and see’s a Bucknuts team that can’t beat the Tigers .
I believe ND is better than this version of Ohio St.
We will make Fields a hurting buckaroo.
Go Tigers 38-17

Time for some new info

Dec 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

What’s up with our guys?
Less about OSU and more about us.
The media is doing enough of talking about what Dabo says about them.

LMAO! Dabo trolling the bucknuts hard this year!

Dec 22, 2020, 1:15 PM

Stay in their head, Coach!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: LMAO! Dabo trolling the bucknuts hard this year!

Dec 22, 2020, 1:58 PM

Dabo has always spokeup when he believed that unfair play was happening, and that's bc he fully believes that being on the side of right is better than just going along with the wrong!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO! Dabo trolling the bucknuts hard this year!

Dec 23, 2020, 6:01 AM [ in reply to LMAO! Dabo trolling the bucknuts hard this year! ]

Bucknuts pay to come to the Grand Strand......Dabo lives rent free in their heads all year. !!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 11:39 AM

Good and interesting points below but the bottom line is "follow the money." Every conference is doing what they can to get their part including the ACC getting two teams this year - that is there job just like it is the coaches job to advocate for their team. If we played 6 and Dabo didn't argue that we should be in then he should be fired. We've gone from kindergarten to about 10th grade on COVID in the last 9 months so yes, quarantine and isolation standards have evolved as has the ability to work and play under these conditions so I'm not surprised or concerned that the protocols have changed everywhere (not just the BIG. The only question now on that is can everyone stay out of trouble because we know the whole thing will be delayed or cancelled if any team has serious issues - on that you had better worry about OSU and AL who have proved repeatedly they can't do the right things and minimize it.
Bottom line is it doesn't matter who team number 4 is- if they had cancelled the season and just had a 4-team bubble tournament then you have had AL, CU, OSU and one more team selected to be fodder for AL to chew up. The top 4 are selected by a committee charged with putting the best 4 teams (in their opinion) in there. Dabo said it himself, it was clear from week 1 what they were going to do. Now we just need to play the game and we'll see who is best!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic