Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Young lady playing CFB is nice and all, but useless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Young lady playing CFB is nice and all, but useless

Nov 29, 2020, 7:53 AM

She, and the coaches proved that when they let her do the kick off. Once she kicked, a squib kick at that, she then ran to the sideline to get out of the way of the "big boys". What good is it to a team to have a woman on the field who can't tackle if she is needed to do so?

Is there one out there that could tackle? Personally, I don't care to find out.

But, I guess when you are Vandy, you do what you got to do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I guess when you're last like Vandy, you

Nov 29, 2020, 7:56 AM

go to extremes to be first at anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but I say they are getting the jump on football's

Nov 29, 2020, 9:02 AM

evolving nature. It's smart, really, when you consider that women score more points.

https://wamu.org/story/19/05/23/let-the-women-score-gender-dynamics-at-play-in-washington-flag-football-leagues/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

You and Spud are going to be put in time out

Nov 29, 2020, 7:56 AM

for you blatant sexism!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You and Spud are going to be put in time out

Nov 29, 2020, 7:59 AM

Some things are true not matter how hard someone may try to make it not so. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You and Spud are going to be put in time out

Nov 29, 2020, 8:51 AM

You mean like Santa Claus. I’m sure you go around all children and tell them about Santa is fake news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you mean the "T-Net Love Shack" ?***

Nov 29, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to You and Spud are going to be put in time out ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Gotta Admit What Vandy Did Was Silly

Nov 29, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to You and Spud are going to be put in time out ]

If she can play to the standard of the game, great put her in. Frankly her kick was not even High School 1A worthy and then to not help cover the kick tells you everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are women out there in the Armed Services right now

Nov 29, 2020, 7:58 AM

who could more than tackle a college football player. Just because none has chosen to do it yet, doesn't mean they are not capable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are women out there in the Armed Services right now

Nov 29, 2020, 8:06 AM

No there are not! If there was they would be doing it!
There is a difference between Men and Women male and female whether this generation thinks so or not.
Now there are many things women can do that men can’t.
If a woman can compete then I will cheer for her but I have yet to see one that can compete at College Football..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like you have found a cause to chase

Nov 29, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to There are women out there in the Armed Services right now ]

go find one and have her play a whole season. then talk to me about the "anomaly" that proves women should be on the field because of the "one". What does one do with outliers in statistics? It is good to know they are there, to find that oddity, but that is all.

But, if it makes you feel better, here ya go:

"Rah Rah Rhee, Someone played a she; Rah Rah Rass, to them I raise my glass"

Can't wait to see what COVID brings next...

Not chasing a cause at all. Just stating the obvious. I'm

Nov 29, 2020, 8:20 AM

not trying to say that women as a whole would be equal to men in college football. But, to belittle them as not being capable in certain situations is just that, belittling. I must assume, given your attitude, you don't allow them in your "HuntClub" either.

Luckily, Tigernet has a great feature called an "Ignore" button. I shall use it in this situation, and urge you to do the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You assume too much

Nov 29, 2020, 8:27 AM

And, I am not belittling her in any way - I am belittling the School that made it a circus show, however.

but evidently not the one that they chose to play***

Nov 29, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to There are women out there in the Armed Services right now ]

I’m proud of Vandy for doing what they could to field a team

Nov 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

And play the game. They had every reason to cancel and didn’t.

More than FSU, the OSU, etc did this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: I’m proud of Vandy for doing what they could to field a team

Nov 29, 2020, 8:53 AM

I agree with you. Kudos to Vandy for playing. I read last night that OSU had enough players to play yesterday but, chickened out. Don’t get me going on FSU. The ACC has botched the situation with the Noles.

Publicity stunt and wrong

Nov 29, 2020, 8:18 AM

First, I have no problem with Vandy needing a kicker and doing tryouts and if a female was the best, no problem.
But, I find that hard to believe that Vandy did not have one player already on the team that could hit a squib kick.
I find it hard to believe that a male on the men’s soccer team was not up to the task. A baseball player who played football in high school.

If she was clearly a decent kicker - ok.

But, it is a disservice to men to send out an inferior player just to check a box.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disservice to men? Hahaha

Nov 29, 2020, 8:59 AM

Seriously? Haha. Where do you guys get this $hit from?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Nov 29, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Publicity stunt and wrong ]

Look, I can understand folks who think its a publicity stunt. I don't jump to that conclusion, but fine, I can get the logic.

But you are basing the decision on an assumption and a lack of knowledge (ie you didn't know Vandy doesn't have men's soccer). But again, fine on that front. We may disagree, but cool.

However, it is laughable to think that 1 female player in 1 meaningless game between 2 bad teams is somehow a "disservice to men," as if we men have such a hard time being represented in major college sports.

I take it on face value. Vandy had a need and filled it with an athlete on campus. Why make more of it than that (and yes, I know it becomes a human interest story and ESPN will play it up, but again, who cares)? Just interesting to me to see uninformed folks making assumptions and getting worked up over a player who played a single snap in a meaningless game and act like it's forcing you to abandon the sport you love and watch coed rec-league-quota style sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigger question, why does it bother you so much?

Nov 29, 2020, 8:57 AM

Why do you bother to take time out of your day to post this on a Clemson football message board?

Let it go, brother.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Young lady playing CFB is nice and all, but useless

Nov 29, 2020, 9:03 AM

Useless, but admit it; wouldn't you love having the distinction of being the first player in the history of college football to get tagged for "roughing the LADY kicker".

this year has been chock full of absurd patronization

Nov 29, 2020, 9:05 AM

of select groups. Throw this one on the pile.

"Wow, a female played in a D-1 college football game!!" Even though it was a squib kick basically dead-ball situation that had no chance of live action. It was more like a Dr. Pepper contest winner event. So condescending to all women that such a big deal is being made of this.

Women have accomplished MUCH more in "mens" sports in the past. This is akin to having a lady play in a PGA tourney and only putt. Or drive just the caution laps in a NASCAR race. As you know, women have done alot more than that.

Embarrassing, but this is the new world we live in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well summed up!***

Nov 29, 2020, 9:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic