Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave

Jun 23, 2020, 10:27 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29354516/west-virginia-dc-vic-koenning-placed-leave-following-allegations-mistreatment?platform=amp

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave

Jun 23, 2020, 10:34 PM

It only takes one allegation nowadays to ruin someone's career , or even life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 10:39 PM

or even someone's garage door

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave ]

Which is total BS. It’s a Double Standard being used to hurt innocent people. Incidents like this creates more racism and less unity.

If the kid is lying he should be banned from college football. Vic Koenning is facing that now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 3:47 PM

Double standards really no way we don’t have those, from CNN c&p:

(CNN) People of color are exempt from an Oregon county's mask mandate over concerns about racial profiling.

Lincoln County, Oregon, requires most residents to wear face coverings in public settings, indoors or outdoors. The overwhelmingly White county will not require non-White residents to wear them if they fear harassment, the county said this month.

It's one of the first counties in the US to exempt people of color from wearing masks to prevent racial profiling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 4:29 PM

Seems to me that "opting-out" people of color actually IS racial profiling. I'm confused.

Jun 24, 2020, 4:30 PM

Exactly what a couple other people have told me. Yeah it’s insanity. I don’t see how this gets better, our population is what it is now how does it just change on a dime? It won’t.......

Jun 24, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave ]

Jun 24, 2020, 4:11 PM

It’s the lack of so called “moderates” and rational liberals and mainstream outlets and institutions speaking out against this that has me extremely concerned. It is verifying my worst concerns, that the nation has indeed “rotted out” over the last couple decades. We can go down the list of absolutely illogical and insane things that have become accepted in our culture.

I’ll give you an example. My YMCA posted a picture of a desecrated and vandalized (criminal acts) statue and said they support the movement and all this stuff. Several members have voiced concern and those members are being depicted as racist. No people, the Entire point is the YMCA is endorsing riots and criminal acts in the process of posting about unity by using that as the backdrop. What’s so hard to understand about this? You can be FOR removing the statue, FOR unity, when for BLM and FOR extreme police reform and at the same time against vandalism and crime. No way the YMCA should be celebrating these crimes. It’s terrible.

Not allowed to have an opinion anymore?

Jun 23, 2020, 11:01 PM

What happened to freedom of speech? Since when in believing a wall should be built a fireable offense?

Or offering a Bible?

Jun 23, 2020, 11:02 PM

Crazy times.

As far as his opinion on the wall

Jun 23, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Not allowed to have an opinion anymore? ]

Be curious if he said “to keep out Hispanics” or “illegal aliens”? That word (illegal) always seems to get left out of these “discussions”. Looks like the youth of today have been indoctrinated into feeling uncomfortable around anyone with different beliefs/opinions. One thing if he’s making blatantly racist/demeaning remarks... but if it was just opposing political views c’mon. Tolerance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As far as his opinion on the wall

Jun 24, 2020, 4:18 PM

Millennial and Z are gone, gone gone. I think a big big factor in this being overlooked (aside from being raised radically different from prior generations and in radical schools) is these are the first two generations with a large cadre raised on cocktails of pharmaceuticals. Oh by the way.......a seldom discussed factor in mass shootings but we can discuss that another time.

I’m conservative right, liberals supposedly hate big pharma. We could probably work together on this topic if we got the right voices on the national scene in the same room. But very often liberal types get extremely defensive when discussing the over medication of children “who are you to judge” the same old same old emotional response. And of course right wingers have the free enterprise dogma so they aren’t gonna want to mess with pharma. Something is wrong here, BIG TIME, with all the stuff we have our population on. Let’s all just admit and work together to solve it instead of getting so defensive because you or your loved ones are or were on stuff.

"I again emphasized to our team that our program culture

Jun 24, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Not allowed to have an opinion anymore? ]

will be one of acceptance, respect, tolerance and positive relationships."

Bullsh!t. You're lying through your teeth. Let me help you out here, coach. Here's what you mean:

"I am scared to death in today's environment to challenge the intimidating spectre of political correctness. Therefore, only liberal, Democrat, PC dogma will be tolerated. It is a totally one-sided deal with no room for conservatives, Republicans, or unrepentent, unwoke old white men. We all have to admit our guilt and toe that line, and hope nobody is angry with us. Oh yeah, now let's get out there and play some football, if that's okay with you guys of course (I'm just asking, like a suggestion, as I have no position of authority over you, and I hope that didn't offend any of you)".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 23, 2020, 11:34 PM

Sorry the player got his little feelings hurt.....everything anybody states these days is offensive, racist, insulting, or wrong when the other person views it in a different way......too frigging bad..... time for these little poor sensitive guys to grow up and shut up......enough is enough with this crap......total BS.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jun 24, 2020, 6:31 AM

I read the article. So, the coach talked to them about Christ and read scriptures. Boom!!! I think we just peeled away some layers of the onion. Here we go again, have the gall to not tow the leftist line and they “tolerate” you right out of a career.

Jun 24, 2020, 7:39 AM

So you would be fine with a coach sitting down with your children, reading from the Koran and telling them they can only be saved if they find Allah?

It doesn't matter which religion a coach is pushing. If they are a state employee they should not be promoting any religion.

I still believe what my junior high school basketball coach said is true. "Your priorities should be 1) you relationship with god, 2) Family, 3) School and 4) Basketball "because you chose to be on the team".

As to my relationship with god, I find it offensive when other people try to force their way in and influence it. If I chose to, I can invite you to be a part of it but you have no right to interfere with it in any way.

Jun 24, 2020, 7:42 AM

I was simply pointing out that the real truth came out in the last sentence of the article. It makes all the racist crap and coach is a meanie pants seem made up.

You think someone would be fired for teaching the Koran???

Jun 24, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Vic Koenning placed on Admin leave ]

That has a wrongful termination lawsuit written all over it.

kids are so soft these days...good lord...

Jun 24, 2020, 10:09 AM

this is what happens when you give kids everything in the world. all this is , is a an old timer spouting off his opinions and a thin skinned kid not able to allow or laugh off and old dude ranting. Some of my fondest memories are listening to grumpy old men giving me their views on the world. I thought it was hilarious, i didn't cry and go tell on them. Our world is gonna suck in 10 years.

Re: kids are so soft these days...good lord...

Jun 24, 2020, 10:20 AM

That is an excellent point. I remember the old farts in the barber shop when I was a kid. Also, going to the country store with my grandpa , sitting around the wood stove listening to old white and black men give each other “down the country”. It was hilarious and those guys loved each other.

Jun 24, 2020, 4:04 PM

So one of this guy's (Martin) complaints is that someone else said the coach was a slave master?!?!

###? Is everyone just plain dumb as a doorknob?

"Martin also referred to a meeting Koenning had with his high school coach, Jon Carpenter, and Martin said Carpenter in a later conversation described Koenning as having a "'Slave Master' mentality."

That tells you enough right there. Fake news. Nothing to see here move on.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic