Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake is not a horrible team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,582

Wake is not a horrible team

Sep 13, 2020, 12:06 PM

I bet they get 6 or 7 wins this year. All 3 QBs looked decent to me, couple of receivers, and their running back #9. Defense needs work, but their DL did an ok job of containing our running game.

I know we could have beaten them by 50+, but they are no cupcake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. They have a good sound team.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

That's just nowhere near what we have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake is not a horrible team

Sep 13, 2020, 1:09 PM

I saw enough out of Wake to know that we would have gotten flamed by a team with a good offense and offensive game plan. We can talk about players not playing but you go with what you got. I'm not sure with that secondary we could outscore a team with an offense as good as ours. And I'm not being negative, just realistic. I hope they get things patched up but it is a real concern going forward.

Sep 13, 2020, 1:14 PM

Take a breath!
Our secondary was short Kendrick & Goodrich.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 1:19 PM

As I said, you play with what you have. Who knows what the future holds for any of these guys. The ones on the field last night have to step up and perform or it is obvious we will continue to have these secondary discussions. I know these guys are young and inexperienced but that was a real deal game and I just think we should have looked sharper. I'm telling you, regardless of how strong the rest of the D is, if we had played a superior offense last night we would have gotten absolutely flamed.

What??***

Sep 13, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Wake is not a horrible team ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: What??***

Sep 13, 2020, 4:05 PM

What...what? So you don't think a top rated QB and set of receivers would have smoked that secondary last night? I'm not bashing, just observing and tbh a bit concerned.

Sep 13, 2020, 2:05 PM

Wake would whack the coots

Is Wake Better than South Carolina?

Sep 13, 2020, 4:18 PM

Hmmmm.

Wake's won more games over the past four years, had a better year in 2019, won 2 of 3 bowl games, and has more consistent and what looks like better coaching. Last year UNC beat SC and lost to Wake. Wake lost to Clemson at at home yesterday 37-13. The last time South Carolina took the field, the ##### lost to Clemson 38-3 at home in Columbia.

Neither team is usually very good but you can make a plausible argument that Wake has a stronger program and has played better football than South Carolina since Muschamp got to Columbia. Given the perspective most SC fans have about their program being compared to Wake Forest, it must really hurt that the comparison is certainly apples to apples. Well maybe it's grapes to grapes, but you know what I mean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 6:59 PM

Hard to tell after only one game (and for some teams, no games) who is a good team and who is a horrible team. A few more weeks will help sort things out. We need information feedback to determine something like that.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic