Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Washington Post writer has 6 WR rated above Tee Higgins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Washington Post writer has 6 WR rated above Tee Higgins

Apr 20, 2020, 11:14 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/20/nfl-draft-2020-prospects-top-50-ranking/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems a pretty deep class, with some shinies available...***

Apr 20, 2020, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any team that takes Tua in top 20 is STUPID

Apr 20, 2020, 11:48 AM

Kid is broken and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. That said Detroit or Cleveland will trade up for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Detroit has the 3rd pick so they definitely wouldn't

Apr 20, 2020, 12:38 PM

have to trade up for him.

I think if he were healthy Tua would warrant a top 3 pick, but it's scary to draft him right now when teams can't do good medicals. They really don't know what they are getting. Healthy Tua is wayyyyy better than Herbert or Love though.

Re: Well Detroit has the 3rd pick so they definitely wouldn't

Apr 20, 2020, 2:22 PM

For the long hall I like Herbert and Love over Tua. Have you watched many interviews and open competitions where Tua was apart of the competition. He’s very talented but not very smart to be a NFL QB. If you put Herbert or Love on Alabama’s team they would have looked better than Tua in my opinion.

In the NFL defenses will not be as forgiving to Tua. We saw what happened when Brent planned for Tua with great players and it wasn’t pretty. I think he will do well until teams figure out they can confuse him easily. This is my opinion an in no way am I saying he’s not very talented but just not very smart.

I’m a lifelong Miami Dolphin fan and we will draft him probably but I hope not because I don’t think he can consistently game plan for defenses that confuse his thinking. Please don’t draft him Dolphins lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 20, 2020, 2:40 PM

For the long hall I like Herbert and Love over Tua. Have you watched many interviews and open competitions where Tua was apart of the competition. He’s very talented but not very smart to be a NFL QB. If you put Herbert or Love on Alabama’s team they would have looked better than Tua in my opinion.

In the NFL defenses will not be as forgiving to Tua. We saw what happened when Brent planned for Tua with great players and it wasn’t pretty. I think he will do well until teams figure out they can confuse him easily. This is my opinion an in no way am I saying he’s not very talented but just not very smart.

I’m a lifelong Miami Dolphin fan and we will draft him probably but I hope not because I don’t think he can consistently game plan for defenses that confuse his thinking. Please don’t draft him Dolphins lol.

As a fellow Phins fan, I agree to an extent.

I was very much against the "Tank for Tua" campaign people were trying to hype (repeatedly I said, "wish TLAW was coming out because that's the ONLY player to tank for.")

Now, I'm OKAY if the Phins draft Tua. Seems all the reports of the follow up on his injury have been positive so from a physical standpoint, I don't think that is the REAL worry.

Just like you touched on, how is he going to transition? Are NFL defenses going to get into his mind? Clemson SURELY did when we took 'Bama to the woodshed but sometimes as we found out too...it's just that team's night to win.

I also wouldn't get TOO caught up on mental stuff like the Wonderlic - our beloved Dan Marino is FAMOUS for scoring terribly on it and it turned out well for him...Tua scored a 13 on it btw, coincidence?

Plus, I'm more confident for the first time in probably 20 years that we finally have found a good coach to turn the organization around!

The Phins were SCRAPPY last year...I was like 7 when Dan Marino retired so I didn't get to see the glory days of past but this past year was the FIRST TIME I got to see a Dolphins team pull it together and not look like a season long dumpster fire of mediocrity.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 10:28 PM

The Dolphins make me cry as well. As a lifelong 'Fins fan, I have no issue with them taking Tua. It's not like ' back in the day' when missing on a first round pick resulted in crushing your cap space.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. I've never been very impressed by Herbert

Apr 20, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Detroit has the 3rd pick so they definitely wouldn't ]

He looks the part and that's about it. He might turn into a good NFL QB with good coaching, but he was never even a great college QB.

Re: Disagree. I've never been very impressed by Herbert

Apr 20, 2020, 4:21 PM

He looks the part and that's about it. He might turn into a good NFL QB with good coaching, but he was never even a great college QB.

Herbet has massive upside, but he's definitely been hyped up to compete with the whole, "is it smarter to take an injury proned Tua or J. Herbert early in the draft?"

Dude could be the next Elway but I'm not sure. Colin Cowherd speaks well of his potential but as he mentions too, all depends on where some of these dudes go.

Organizations can really make or break a player's development.

I agree Tigers and Cubs

Apr 21, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Disagree. I've never been very impressed by Herbert ]

Couldn't agree more in fact

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua is the second-best QB in this class

Apr 20, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Any team that takes Tua in top 20 is STUPID ]

in terms of on-field play. He had two of the most efficient seasons in CFB history. None of the other QBs besides Burrow have anything on him throwing the ball, reading defenses or making decisions. Durability and size factors are IT. It's all they have on him. Those are big factors, though.

Yet another Dolphins fan here, and I'm starting to accept that he's gonna be our guy after this draft. And I'm thrilled with it if he can promise he'll be healthy, which he can't, so you gotta take that as you will. He should be terrific until he gets hurt.

Again, if size and injury wasn't a factor and you just went by how these guys played, it's Burrow then Tua PERIOD. No question. Those other guys flashed but had some real garbage moments against inferior competition.

Re: Tua is the second-best QB in this class

Apr 20, 2020, 4:23 PM

in terms of on-field play. He had two of the most efficient seasons in CFB history. None of the other QBs besides Burrow have anything on him throwing the ball, reading defenses or making decisions. Durability and size factors are IT. It's all they have on him. Those are big factors, though.

Yet another Dolphins fan here, and I'm starting to accept that he's gonna be our guy after this draft. And I'm thrilled with it if he can promise he'll be healthy, which he can't, so you gotta take that as you will. He should be terrific until he gets hurt.

Again, if size and injury wasn't a factor and you just went by how these guys played, it's Burrow then Tua PERIOD. No question. Those other guys flashed but had some real garbage moments against inferior competition.

Trust in Coach Flo. That dude has given the Dolphins franchise a spark and I'm hopeful we aren't doomed to 5-10 more years of 8-8 or first-round playoff exits

I am sure I'm in the small minority, but I never had much

Apr 21, 2020, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Any team that takes Tua in top 20 is STUPID ]

love for Tua, even BEFORE he got hurt. I'll give him points for doing whatever it took to get on the field, but most of the time, he was throwing to wide open, and I mean WIDE OPEN guys. That would NOT be the case in the NFL. I fear he will be a Jameis Winston, at best, or another possible Mitch Trubisky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Washington Post writer has 6 WR rated above Tee Higgins

Apr 20, 2020, 11:53 AM

I am obviously very biased, but I think if Tee lands in the right spot, he will be a Hall of Famer one day imo. He is just maturing and getting bigger and stronger. He will be amazing in 3 years. He just needs the right spot.

Then the Bills will take yet another Clemson player

Apr 20, 2020, 11:54 AM

and waste them

Clemson

Apr 20, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Washington Post writer has 6 WR rated above Tee Higgins ]

Tee Higgins is an awesome WR, but it is IMO that he should have waited until next season before opting for the NFL so to get himself Stronger, Bigger, and maybe faster, but a sure 1st round pick in next years draft!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Washington Post writer has 6 WR rated above Tee Higgins ]

Understandable, those orange glasses is very hard to take off when it come to our Tiger players!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 11:58 AM

It doesn't really matter what he thinks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 12:10 PM

At the beginning of last football season, I didn't think there was a DB in college football who could cover Tee in man coverage. That pretty much held true until the playoffs. DBs at OSU and LSU seemed to matchup well and were able to take away the big plays.

Apr 20, 2020, 2:25 PM

He was hurt after that second reception against OSU and never was able to recover to full go.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 20, 2020, 5:11 PM

And that's what my worries would be for him in the NFL bc those DB's are bigger, faster and will lower the boom every chance they get to give the media something to talk about, and I just don't think that Tee has enough muscle around his bones to take the NFL punishment!!! Like I've said, I wish he would have stay and gotten himself bigger and stronger bc, I want our guy to survive the NFL for years, and not just make it to the big man league!!!

Apr 21, 2020, 8:39 AM

He needs a couple more years in the weight room. He will get there.

Apr 20, 2020, 12:13 PM

Tee's top end speed in a timed sprint is disappointing, his Wunderlich score was low and he took two harmful penalties in the natty (I thought they were both judgment call s that went against him, but in both cases he could have used better technique to avoid the flag).

But as we Tigers know, he is a TD machine. He has an extra gear with the ball in his hand, as he showed on the reverse TD. He also uses his size with great leverage when DBs try to knock him out of bounds. How many times in his career did we watch him tightrope the sideline with DBs bouncing off like flies?

He has the same skills but doesn't seem to have quite the same heart as Mike Williams, but like Renfrow said: that 2016 team had a bunch of guys that followed DW4's lead and refused to lose. Williams was one.

Tee will make a fine pro. I think he can be at least as good as Martavis. It is a really deep class.

Tee's 40 time and vertical are hurting him a little bit

Apr 20, 2020, 12:47 PM

I know people laugh at that stuff, but the one knock on Tee film-wise is that he wasn't getting great separation in college. His 40 time (which was something like a 4.56) kind of reinforces the idea that he's not fast enough to run by people at the next level. His best trait is just winning at the catch point with physicality, however you would like to see a good jump ball WR jump a little higher than 32" or whatever he posted at the pro day.

I think Tee still goes in the 1st round because his tape is so good, but this is a really deep WR class and there are at least 4 guys that are universally ranked ahead of him (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson). He could really be anything from the 5th WR taken (maybe even 4th because i think it's possible somebody likes him more than Jefferson) to as low as maybe the 8th WR off the board depending on how individual teams value him.

Apr 20, 2020, 1:49 PM

The real question is if Tee can play as "big" in the NFL as in college to make up for his lack of separation.

IMO, his upside is Mike Williams, which isn't bad at all.

thats a good debate..would you take mike williams or Tee ?

Apr 20, 2020, 2:50 PM

Mike coudl be great in the NFL if he can get to a team that will throw him the ball. Rivers woudl only go at hime 2-3 times a game.

Re: thats a good debate..would you take mike williams or Tee ?

Apr 20, 2020, 3:01 PM

Mike Williams is so underrated it's crazy. He will have a breakout year and go next level.

i'd love to see Tua go to San Diego but don't think he'd

Apr 22, 2020, 8:32 AM

drop past Miami.

It's a really deep class, but six is too many

Apr 20, 2020, 2:54 PM

Tee fills a really important niche in today's NFL and does is so well that he shouldn't be the seventh WR taken. I think after the Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb, the WRs come down to fit and preference. Tee could be fourth or tenth. It's impossible to tell, and that's why I LOVE the draft.

Re: It's a really deep class, but six is too many

Apr 20, 2020, 3:31 PM

These same experts picked Turbisky over Watson and decided that the Soccastee streak as only a fifth round draft pick.

What was wrong with Renfrow as a 5th rounder?

Apr 20, 2020, 3:39 PM

I still can't see him going higher than somewhere in the 4th. He was never going to be a round 1-3 guy.

Tee has yet to fill out. The NFL is rough and physical

Apr 22, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to It's a really deep class, but six is too many ]

hopefully TEE will build out his body a little more like Julio Jones. If he does he's going to be a star. Right now he's just too lean. He can still play in the NFL but a little more strength will go a long way.

Well him is an I-D-I-O-T then, thatz what I says..

Apr 21, 2020, 9:09 AM

seriously, I'd take TH at the very least second.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic