Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND television revenue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

ND television revenue

Nov 22, 2020, 10:19 AM

We all know that Swoffie had ND by the ballz this year and could have forced them to join the conference FULL TIME in all sports but, instead, told them they could join for one year, be eligible for the ACC Championship and Orange Bowl bid and then go back to being independent next year. I've not read much about this (and apologies if it has been discussed and I've missed those conversations), but is ND having to share its NBC television revenue with the rest of the ACC this season or did Swoffie let them keep 100% of that as well? Talk about the tail wagging the dog! He retires in December, right? Cannot be soon enough!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are splitting NBC revenue evenly.***

Nov 22, 2020, 10:37 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: We are splitting NBC revenue evenly.***

Nov 22, 2020, 11:55 AM

All Notre Dame’s NBC money goes into the ACC pool this year to be divided among all ACC teams this year. ND will receive no money from NBC this year.

Re: ND television revenue

Nov 22, 2020, 12:12 PM

Would that not work the other way around too? ND gets a take of the football portion of ACC ESPN TV revenue. My guess is ND will come out ahead.

Re: ND television revenue

Nov 22, 2020, 1:36 PM

Yea, the NBC TV deal was a big deal 30 years ago. Now, not so much given the enormous contracts the conferences are bringing in.

Based on this, ND is coming out ahead this year by getting a full ACC share and sharing the NBC money.

“ Notre Dame earned $7 million as a partial member, and its deal with NBC pays $15 million annually. Off NBC and ACC TV revenue, Notre Dame made $22 million, while each ACC school earned an average of $29 million, according to an ESPN report.”

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic