Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all don't need an outsider telling you...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Y'all don't need an outsider telling you...

Jan 2, 2021, 8:31 AM

.... why you lost or how you should react.

I won't comment on any of that for a few days. After a loss like this there is nothing that will help as much as time.

But, I will make one observation I took from that game.

The game is won in the trenches" is a phrase that is seldom used nowadays. But, that is surely where it was won last night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all don't need an outsider telling you...

Jan 2, 2021, 8:34 AM

I think you nailed it. I honestly questioned why OSU was even throwing the ball. It was obvious we could not stop the run.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:42 AM

I was actually thinking about the Clemson OL. I think the Clemson OL got dominated even more than the Clemson DL.

Jan 2, 2021, 11:29 AM

FSU,

Yeah and once we got behind, their D-Line could really pin their ears back - and blitz too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I was struggling to remember the last time a game...

Jan 2, 2021, 8:42 AM

...felt like this after the fact. Not just talking about a loss, but a serious manhandling or getting pushed around on both sides of the ball, even though we had the ability to score.

What I came up with was 2012 or 2013 FSU game, probably 2013 in Death Valley. That one was painful from the beginning drive (Seckinger fumble, IIRC).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I was struggling to remember the last time a game...

Jan 2, 2021, 7:25 PM

Tony,

I was thinking West Virginia.

Re: So I was struggling to remember the last time a game...

Jan 3, 2021, 6:58 PM

That one crossed my mind, but this one wasn't that bad...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:53 AM

I know your the token “cool” and accepted Nole fan around here but before laying judgment on us maybe get your program to have the balls to actually play a #### game before you tell us anything.

Don't be a jerk. Bretfsu is a welcome visitor to this board.***

Jan 2, 2021, 10:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jan 2, 2021, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Y'all don't need an outsider telling you... ]

If I had to choose between Brett or you, I would say let’s give you a ride to the train station

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 11:41 AM

He has a 59% pulse FSU

Jan 2, 2021, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Y'all don't need an outsider telling you... ]

please don't listen to this idiot. Thanks for posting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should all do our part to help lower that.

Jan 2, 2021, 11:46 AM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I hate to TD anyone, but this clown deserves it.***

Jan 2, 2021, 11:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all don't need an outsider telling you... ]

https://youtu.be/syV2LkGpQB0

Jan 2, 2021, 8:58 AM

LOS play was the primary reason we lost. Our guys looked like they had roller skates on most of the night. Our youth on both LOS showed last night. As an aside, I am not a big fan of our secondary. Booth is a stud, DK underperforms regularly given his skill set, Zanders has potential but has to get more physical and Charleston, Thornton, Phillips, TV, and Goodrich are unremarkable. Jury is still out on Jones and Greene, they are pups (wish they had more length). We were spoiled with AJ, Mullen, Muse and Simmons.

I think you nailed it...

Jan 2, 2021, 11:47 AM

Outside of both lines, the secondary is a huge liability, and just don't see us recruiting our way out of it so far. With no rush and open WRs, any decent QB would have shredded us last night let alone Fields.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:59 AM

I've been critical of the OL all year. I knew that at some point vs. elite competition, it would bite us. The fact that we have no run game meant O310 St. just pinned back their ears and bull rushed TL in the 2nd half and we couldn't do a dang thing about it. And that critical penalty against Bockhorst.....regarding D Line, my criticism would be at the edges. We don't have a DE that can consistently set an edge and that hurt us. I watched Mascoll and Henry consistently get sucked into misdirection all night long.

Screw Calford.

We really missed Foster this year.

Jan 2, 2021, 11:49 AM

He was really the best DE we have. Murphy will be a stud though.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:00 AM

No doubt. Offensive line has been a weak link at Clemson for some time and last night was latest example. It shows up against better teams. If you have Etienne you should be able to run the ball-period.

D line will be fine. Elite players but just young.

We knew before the season we'd have struggles on the OL

Jan 2, 2021, 11:50 AM

They were right, and it's something that will be improved next year, hopefully.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So anyway Bret, you make an irrefutable & obvious point

Jan 3, 2021, 7:04 PM

As for you being an outsider, you may want to make it official, and buy your entry level TNet membership. Seems from your on-target observations and research, you are a knowledgeable fan of the game, and a fan of the Clemson Tigers when they are not pinning the Seminoles' ears back.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic