Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We see Muse get picked on a lot in here. And to be fair, maybe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

We see Muse get picked on a lot in here. And to be fair, maybe

Jan 5, 2020, 8:12 AM

It’s the same people over and over. But he had a solid game. What was for sure a td saving tackle and possibly a game winning tackle. I was surprised at how he closed on Dobbins. Then holding back Turner to keep him from running the int out. Just saying that he knows the game. Solid performance. And while I’m not saying he’s perfect, we are better for having him. Thanks Tanner and go Tigers!

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

third team all-american

Jan 5, 2020, 8:17 AM

he is very good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??***

Jan 5, 2020, 8:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The aggressive D puts Muse in bad positions

Jan 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

sometimes. Most the time he is the first to notice but often it was someone else out of position!. Yes he missed a few but probably only 25% if that many. His football IQ helps where he misses. Our inside LB is our biggest weakness but not necessarily the player as they are covering a huge area behind a 3man most the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spector has the speed to run and cover.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:08 AM

I could see him getting more playing time in this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That 's right - we beat Tennessee in a bowl when

Jan 5, 2020, 8:23 AM

they intercepted a pass and fumbled it back to us when the guy decided to run with it in a similar situation near the end of the game.

Kentucky***

Jan 5, 2020, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kentucky***

Jan 5, 2020, 8:45 AM

You are correct - this old brain ain't what it used to be.

That was the last game that my dad and I went to together

Jan 5, 2020, 8:48 AM

so I remember it well...

Re: Kentucky***

Jan 5, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Kentucky*** ]

Marty Moore , I believe

Re: We see Muse get picked on a lot in here. And to be fair, maybe

Jan 5, 2020, 8:31 AM

I’d just like to add that we are 29-0 and made it to 3 out of the last 4 title games with him.....

Muse is a beast, I would hate to play his position in the

Jan 5, 2020, 9:46 AM

defensive scheme. So many times he has sole responsibility in the middle. We should talk more about ALL of the times that his coverage is great in those situations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muse is one of my favorites. Always leaves it ALL on the field

Jan 5, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muse is one of my favorites. Always leaves it ALL on the field

Jan 5, 2020, 1:34 PM

Agree. He has a ton of heart is seems to be a good leader.

Re: Muse is one of my favorites. Always leaves it ALL on the field

Jan 5, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Muse is one of my favorites. Always leaves it ALL on the field ]

Mine too - franc ... Really admire his fight and competitiveness!! Think sometimes he is so fast on the scene that he gets blamed for a bad play when it was really someone else’s responsibility... ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

ive been too quick to criticize him, but agree

Jan 5, 2020, 9:55 AM

that we are better WITH him than without him. But I don’t think the OP is far off in thinking that most feel his weaknesses can be critical. Heard Acho say that at least one LSU touchdown will be because of Muse. He said the slot game of LSU will pick on him until Venables counters. But I believe Venables knows our players’ weaknesses and strengths better than we do. And I trust him to put Tanner and everyone else in the right positions to win this game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Muse brings the wood and I'm grateful***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:40 AM

And he leads the team in interceptions ...***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:47 AM

Just saw where Minka Fitzpatrick was named 1st Team All-Pro. Remember when he was repeatedly abused by a walk-on WR on the biggest stage in college?

Every player has strengths and weaknesses.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not great in coverage, otherwise he's been excellent

Jan 5, 2020, 10:24 AM

If he plays in the NFL it'll be as an LB.

Like you said, he has limitations in pass coverage but his competitive fire and all out effort makes it hard to not admire him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not great in coverage, otherwise he's been excellent

Jan 5, 2020, 1:02 PM

Special teams first.

Great point and Muse is always hustling and giving maximum effort.***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:10 AM

Jan 5, 2020, 2:21 PM

I get the feeling that Muse is a gambler. He has some busts but he makes some huge plays as well. He is also huge in run support. Maybe he does get burned in the game, but I bet he makes a big play or 2 or 3. At the end of the game he, like the Clemson Tigers will be to the good.

Jan 5, 2020, 2:37 PM

He is a major part of Clemson winning 2 out 3 and why we have a chance of making it 3 out of 4.....give the guy a break.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Swag is the man! Remember his blocked punt against Bammer?

Jan 5, 2020, 2:47 PM

He's not perfect, but he NEVER quits!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 5:50 PM

Muse, Wallace will take some bad angles now and then. Turner will sometimes have a good receiver beat him like Olave did in the Fiesta Bowl. All three usually grade out well pretty consistently.
The problem is a mistake is sometimes very noticeable and could give up a big play. One of the DEs takes a bad angle or is not in the right gap, they rarely get blamed for giving up a big play.
Ben Boulware and Muse bring the same kind of intensity to every game they played in. Boulware had many more busts in his career than Muse has. Boulware is a Tiger Legend. I have cussed Muse under my breathe more than one time. However, I also appreciate what a great player he has been for us. I can’t remember but I expect Terry Kinard, Brian Dawkins, and Rex Varn were not perfect when they played at Clemson either. I imagine 25-40 years from now people remember Muse an excellent football player and key member of Championship teams

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic