Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hopefully college football realizes that people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Hopefully college football realizes that people

Sep 5, 2020, 4:54 PM

tune in to watch great football games, watch great offensive and defensive schemes / plays, and support their teams.

Nobody wants to spend their time and hard earned money to get lectured by these kids and multi millionaire tv personalities.

I’m glad Clemson has players like Rencher who represent the team well and don’t get into trouble like those bulldawgs or cockies...but I don’t donate to iptay to give folks like him a so-called social justice platform to lecture me.

I don’t think a majority of folks donate and spend money to mix politics and activism (left or right) with sports!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to look at woke NBA /MLB ratings

Sep 5, 2020, 4:58 PM

and get the hint.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They need to look at woke NBA /MLB ratings

Sep 5, 2020, 9:30 PM

They won’t. The woke virus has spread.

Why do you take it as being lectured to?

Sep 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

Doesn't bother me. And, guess what, I'm not giving anything up or losing anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you take it as being lectured to?

Sep 5, 2020, 5:06 PM

Uhh because it is. What if you'd like to escape that for a few minutes and just watch sports? Can you do it? Nooo. YOu have to hear about someone in a place you've never been doing something to someone you'd never do. I dont like anyone being abused or killed. ANYONE. Not just certain anyones. But me hearing about it in every venue doesnt stop it or we'd be months or years from it happening. Instead its every hour of every day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you take it as being lectured to?

Sep 5, 2020, 7:52 PM

I watched 2 games and honestly didn't really pay that much attention. Half the time I tune out what's being said and focus on the game so much I'm not really processing what's being said. Honestly, I was just so excited there was actual football, and the fall (with some temperature drops last night) brought some normalcy.

For sure, I'm not going around looking for things to upset me either. Not saying you are, but water off ducks back for me when they talk about it and I've had my fill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s because you are a racist bigot.

Sep 5, 2020, 8:55 PM

And have privilege. But your unconscious bias prevents you from seeing just how much of a racist you are. And how your blithe indifference is causing the deaths of innocent African Americans.

But go ahead and enjoy watching your little game, while they die. What do you care?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: That’s because you are a racist.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:18 PM

How many African Americans are killed per year by police?
How many white people?
Numbers probably shock you.
African Americans are predominantly being killed by other African Americans. Maybe they should wake themselves.

Re: That’s because

Sep 5, 2020, 10:11 PM

that is a point that I find disturbing and I've some mention but it seems to get worse rather than better. The shoot first ask questions later gun play has to stop. I've seen so many innocents hurt by that and I dont care about color involved it is just wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's called Black-on-Black Bruh-tality***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: That’s because you are a racist. ]

Re: That’s because you are a racist.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: That’s because you are a racist. ]

I hate that these arguments has taken over T-Net since George Floyds killing, but it is my personal feeling that the George Floyds death was a wrongful killing bc the man was handcuffed and restrained when his breath was squeeze out of him, and every cop involved should be charged with 1st degree Manslaughter. As far as the Statistics go for the number of blacks and whites killed by law enforcement, well here is what I googled and found.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When one considers that our black brothers compose less

Sep 6, 2020, 9:50 PM

than 15% of the population, the ratio is incredible.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

hell they should wear

Sep 5, 2020, 5:37 PM

biden 2020 stickers on their helmets and be done with it

Right? It’s like you follow my agenda or we cancel you.***

Sep 5, 2020, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people

Sep 5, 2020, 5:43 PM

Black people are literally being hunted by white racist cops and you’re worried about your little football game. This is bigger than any sport. All lives can’t matter until black lives matter. This movement is too powerful to let it simply pass us by

Wow! What a narrow, false, and entitled point of view.***

Sep 5, 2020, 5:45 PM

Sep 5, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

You sir (smoke....)are full if $y!t.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious Clark?***

Sep 5, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Well, then we should cancel all sports so these oppressed black athletes

Sep 5, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

can stop being taken advantage of by these mean white people. That way, we can be lectured to without interference. Maybe then we will get the point.

And these black men won’t have to play a sport they find so offensive.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well then, Judge. Guess it's time you decide

Sep 6, 2020, 9:54 PM

Are you a part of the problem or part of the solution?

You can help make the world a beyter, safer place with more opportunities ...
Or we can just make outrageous statements and sit back while the world burns.

???

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Sep 5, 2020, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

If all lives matter to you- then black lives will matter too. There was a Clemson player in the Drake video wearing a shirt that said “Love Everybody”. This is the message I support. To me, and this is my interpretation, BLM is not about reducing the number of black people murdered every year, or the number of black people who do not have access to better education or job opportunities. To me it’s focused on holding white cops accountable for murder. We’re not talking about ending Apartheid, or poverty, or literacy rates. The world is fixated on people who are making bad decisions (both sides) in the heat of the moment and blowing it out of proportion to create a false narrative.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:21 PM

BLM is Communist. Go yo their website and read what they stand for. Then compare it to the American communist party platform. Almost Identical.

Sep 5, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

"Hunted by white racist cops"? Delusional. If you believe that I can see why you're upset. Ask yourself this question, "what if I'm wrong?"

Sep 5, 2020, 7:41 PM

What if you are?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

No, just ask yourself this Question, do you believe that Jacob Blake would have been shot if he had followed the law enforcement instructions, and not resisted arrest to the point that the cop fired his pistol? I'm going to say that he wouldn't have been shot of beat up if he had followed the Law Enforcement instruction. The worst that I believe would have happen to him is, he would have went to jail where he would have been given a bond, and a day in court. He didn't cooperate bc he had already been told to stay away from one of the women, and when the cops got there, he made up his mind that he wasn't going to jail bc that is where he was going bc he had violated a court order to stay away from that woman!!!

Your life, my life, who evers life, all our lives matter, but, bc our lives matter, that doesn't make it OK to resist arrest after breaking the law, and Law Enforcement has placed us under arrest. It is just that simple, and it's a dumb decision to resist arrest, bc it can become a deadly encounter!!!

Sep 5, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

I agree with smokepurple.

It would be interesting to see if people of color were not committing the majority of crimes in this country , if the numbers of shootings between police and blacks would decrease. Would be an interesting study

Sep 5, 2020, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Old and frail black and whites are being bullied, mugged and killed by gang members and street corner thugs on a daily basis, and this seems to be acceptable behavior to politicians, athletes, students, a large percentage of the general public, and SPLO. Strange how the police seem to have a problem with this type of criminal behavior and individuals with long rap sheets.

Wow. Cops must really, REALLY suck at hunting then.

Sep 5, 2020, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

What’s worse is this post got 2 thumbs up. That kind of stupidity must physically hurt.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 5, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Your opinion not mine...more like hunting cops down

Sep 5, 2020, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Stupidest post ever on Tnet.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Just keep copy and pasting the same thing on every post. Good grief.

Are you insane?

Sep 6, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

No really, are you insane?

Sep 6, 2020, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Exaggerate much? Every time there is a shooting people jump the gun and call it a murder-MANY of these "victims" are criminals who are armed but let's lump all of them together. The biggest threat to a law abiding black person in America is to be shot by another black man. But let's play the race card, defund the police and burn down some buildings. If you have to put a color before the term lives matter, maybe you are the racist.

Sep 8, 2020, 3:43 PM

dixiedon said:

Exaggerate much? Every time there is a shooting people jump the gun and call it a murder-MANY of these "victims" are criminals who are armed but let's lump all of them together. The biggest threat to a law abiding black person in America is to be shot by another black man. But let's play the race card, defund the police and burn down some buildings. If you have to put a color before the term lives matter, maybe you are the racist.

Defunding the police would the biggest, gravest mistake ever made in the history of law enforcement. Home invasions and robbery would get completely out of control, and once something, anything gets out of control, it is much harder to get control back!!!!

Sep 8, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

Black people are literally being hunted by white racist cops and you’re worried about your little football game. This is bigger than any sport. All lives can’t matter until black lives matter. This movement is too powerful to let it simply pass us by

Do what the cop asks and you will not get shot. It’s what I’ve done at traffic stops. Amazing how it works. I’m sure if I had resisted arrest, ripped his taser gun from him or reached into my car like I was getting a weapon, it would have not ended well for me. Just thankful I had the good sense to do what he asked.

Sep 5, 2020, 6:10 PM

Funny, i log in here to read about Clemson sports but get to read your B S About what you think is and isn’t acceptable. I’d appreciate it if you #### about what your think is ok for an athlete to say or think.

Sep 5, 2020, 6:12 PM

Exactly........leave politics out of College football and just call the frigging game.....period......Go Tigers!!!!!

I know. It all started with Tebow wearing a cross on his shi

Sep 5, 2020, 6:26 PM

cheek.

Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until..

Sep 5, 2020, 6:39 PM

another of the approx 10 unarmed Black Men got shot & killed by police (sometimes police of both races) in last year made really big news due to video..

while 19 unarmed White Men are shot & killed same year..

and about 9 unarmed Latinos are shot & killed during same time.

Yes, the “unarmed” Blacks ARE being shot & killed by Cops at a higher % that they are in the population but consider too that they are a higher % of the men out there who are making trouble for society..and maybe resisting arrest too.

Not saying one life or death is better or less valued than another but stats shown the actual numbers killed each year by cops against unarmed men of all races does lean heavily towards Black deaths.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until..

Sep 5, 2020, 7:14 PM

What will happen when they take a knee? Many will be offended, Too bad that is freedom of expression. You can always leave and get a beer and a sandwich.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:10 PM

Or just don't watch...freedom of expression

Sep 5, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until.. ]

Are you ok if a kid speaks out against BLM?

Sep 6, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until.. ]

Your problem is that you do not understand that disrespecting the flag has nothing to do with race. I do not think it is appropriate for any race, as there are many ways to voice your opinion without disrespecting those of all races who have died for this country. I get just as irritated at young and old white dudes that won't remove their hat during the playing of the National Anthem. It is not about race for a large majority of us. Isn't it our black brothers that get all bent out of shape when some one disses them?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until.. ]

Unarmed Black men, women and CHILDREN are being killed at a rate astronomically higher than the what is happening by the police.

We have all heard defund the police, what is the solution for Blacks being killed in their homes, yards, walking down the street and even in their beds by other Blacks? Just tell me that?? Fix that and see how tensions cease because now the police don't know what they are walking into on any call.

Those black lives don't matter, because they don't advance

Sep 6, 2020, 9:35 AM

the preferred political cause.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 6, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until.. ]

LBB you have stated way to many facts here........something these radical liberals never like or use with their BLM protest ( which mostly are riots these thugs use to justify their stealing, looting, and burning down honest and hardworking American businesses many which are owned by other hardworking blacks the fake news media fail to mention or address)......because these libs only deal with lies and pure BS to promote their radical agenda......if they really told and used the facts and the truth no one with a useful brain would believe or give them a second look......hard to believe so many out there in this great county are not smart enough to see they are only being used by these radicals who are the real racist in our nation today......unbelievable and sad we have let them do this too our country which is and has been the greatest nation in the world and has done more good for this world than any other country for many many years......Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 6, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Didn't realize so many Black players disliked/hated Whites so much until.. ]

LBB you have stated way to many facts here........something these radical liberals never like or use with their BLM protest ( which mostly are riots these thugs use to justify their stealing, looting, and burning down honest and hardworking American businesses many which are owned by other hardworking blacks the fake news media fail to mention or address)......because these libs only deal with lies and pure BS to promote their radical agenda......if they really told and used the facts and the truth no one with a useful brain would believe or give them a second look......hard to believe so many out there in this great county are not smart enough to see they are only being used by these radicals who are the real racist in our nation today......unbelievable and sad we have let them do this too our country which is and has been the greatest nation in the world and has done more good for this world than any other country for many many years......Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: I know. It all started with Tebow wearing a cross on his shi

Sep 5, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to I know. It all started with Tebow wearing a cross on his shi ]

What’s political about a cross? Has no one else ever worn one in the NFL?

Sep 5, 2020, 7:17 PM

If it continues, I'll stop watching CFB too. I'll just read the scores. Sick of this s**t.

Sep 5, 2020, 8:21 PM

Lectured by these kids? You mean like future first round pick, our startin quarterback Trevor Lawrence, kid like him?

You’re basically saying, “shut the hell up Trevor and play football”

And if that is your frame of mind, it is sad. You can watch these kids abuse there bodies playing football but don’t care about any issues they care about

Seriously doubt Trevor cares if racist whites choose not to watch . Trevor is on the right side of history.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:52 PM

Any disagreement is racist? Your “racist white man” comment shows your racism or lack of thought at the very least.

I don’t know what you do for a living.

Sep 5, 2020, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully college football realizes that people ]

But I’m guessing your employer as well as your clients/customers wouldn’t like it if you used your job to make political statements. What if you used your interactions with others to talk about your political beliefs? What if you wore patches on your clothes accordingly?

My guess is that you wouldn’t have a job for long, nor would those you interact with like you very much.

So yes, “shut up and play football” is exactly how I feel. It has nothing to do with race. It’s because sports isn’t the place for this.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

At one point I used to think like this...

Sep 5, 2020, 8:32 PM

...but that was a long time ago. Here's what changed my mind:

Are athletes and coaches and sports stars role models? Should they be? Regardless of what your opinion on the matter is, the answer is that many people treat them as such and this is not going to change. You can make a personal decision, but you can't make a decision for everybody. The sports marketplace has decided that off-field news is fair game and the sports fanbase has decided to agree. Think you're not one of them?

Does it upset you if your favorite teams' players are arrested in the off-season? Do you have opinions about whether it happens more frequently on other teams and what the consequences are for those players? Why? It doesn't affect the game.

Are you proud when your favorite team does community outreach like visiting children's hospitals and building houses? What about their charities and foundations? Those charities don't translate into points, highlight reels and wins.

When your favorite player goes to another team, even one you may not have liked, do you still follow his performance? Why? It doesn't affect your team anymore. Do you feel proud when there are reports about his charity and character? Why? Those mean even less to your favorite team's performance.

The simple fact of the matter is that we DO pay attention to off-field activities. We care a great deal about an athlete's and coach's character and opinion. We treat them like role models regardless of whether we want to admit it.

For this reason, we have elevated them onto a platform from which their words can reach a large audience. Do not be surprised when they decide to speak from that platform; particularly when they've determined that he matter their speaking about is about life and death and the essential matter of all men created equal. You may not like what they have to say, but don't be surprised.

You've taken the time to write your opinions down in a web forum because you wanted other people to read it. You did this deliberately using the audience that you had available to you. Imagine, for a moment, a lifestyle where you were surrounded by cameras and microphones connected to news outlets across the country. Also, imagine that you have a message that you want people to hear and you feel it has a life and death urgency. With those two combined, can you really be surprised that anyone wouldn't take the opportunity to say something?

in 1972 Arab terrorists entered an Olympic compound

Sep 6, 2020, 9:14 AM

to do nothing but exert their Political influence on Sports. They killed - no murdered in cold blood - 11 Israeli Olympians.

For nothing but their Nationality - and oddly, their "inferred" Political Beliefs. Inferred - that's because no one ever got the opportunity to ask them.

You see, knowledge of history is a dangerous thing for people like you who have limited opinions. When faced with facts, your opinion unravels like wet Toilet Paper.

1972 showed what happens when Sports becomes Politicized - every opinion is fair game, every politic is fair game, every venue is fair game, every life is fair game.

I understand that having "influence" is "like a drug" to young Black men; they can't put enough of it in their veins to make them happy. It makes them feel exactly opposite of what they feel every day when they look in the mirror and see a Black person in a world that they believe is uniformly against Black people.

Taking the drug doesn't fix things. Brandishing "influence" without understanding never fixes things.

Understanding the failings of the culture of "victimhood" is what WILL fix things. But only if you're willing to give up the drug and do the hard work of changing personal perspective.

It's simple: White people do not hate Black people. And Black people are not systemically oppressed. Fact.

They're gonna learn pretty quick their ain't a whole

Sep 5, 2020, 11:00 PM

bunch of money in makin' a majority of your audience sick of watchin' your show (with an emphasis on "show").

Why would anyone TD this?

Sep 6, 2020, 4:48 PM

I guess some people want to mix social and political discussion with sports commentary?

Why??

Yeah. Way to put these young men in their place.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:03 PM

I mean, college kids coming of age should know better than to think they can make a difference in this world, and then act on it. Get in line and be thankful, why don't you - that's what I say.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 10:40 PM

I agree with this post. I wish theyd all shut up.

Isn’t there a way

Sep 7, 2020, 2:14 PM

to get the WCCP broadcast timed with the ABC broadcast and just listen to our guys? I think I did this last season... no clue how... old age, smh.

Isn’t there a way

Sep 7, 2020, 2:15 PM

to get the WCCP broadcast timed with the ABC broadcast and just listen to our guys? I think I did this last season... no clue how... old age, smh.

I don't feel lectured at all.

Sep 8, 2020, 3:42 PM

But if you do.....well then the shoe fits.

Maybe ask CJ what he thinks...***

Sep 8, 2020, 8:37 PM

Sep 8, 2020, 11:42 PM

I’m still waiting on one liberal to acknowledge that there was a white man shot in the back by 5 Greenville police officers while running away. This happened 30 miles away from Clemson and I haven’t found one liberal who has heard about it. When one does, I want them to explain why this and other similar incidents are never mentioned in the police brutality discussions.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic